Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Stakes Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 07-07-2010, 12:58 PM
Fairgrounds

Default 7/10 (SUF): Seabiscuit S., Moseley S.

7th (3:30) Seabiscut S.

5 Furlongs (Turf) | Open | 3 Year Olds And Up Stakes | Purse: $75,000

1 Ju Jitsu Jax Acosta J D 123 BL
2 Natural Seven Panell D 117 BL
3 Awakino Cat Hill C 117 BL
4 Lightning Power Hole T M 117 BL
5 P Js Lil Toni McManigell K 112 B
6 Ahvee's Destiny Ramos H G 118 BL
7 Instant Lady Bocachica O 112 BL
8 True to Tradition Carmouche K 117 BL
9 Lady Rizzi Thompson W A 112 BL

9th (4:30) Moseley S.

6 Furlongs | Open | 3 Year Olds And Up Stakes | Purse: $75,000

1 Perfectus Piermarini T 117 BL
2 Ju Jitsu Jax Acosta J D 123 BL
3 Southern Rainbow Ramos H G 117 BL
4 Everyday Heroes Hill C 117 BL
5 Tommy's Memory Amiss D D 117 BL

Last edited by Kasept : 07-07-2010 at 03:16 PM.
Old 07-11-2010, 07:25 AM
Steve Byk

Congratulations to Darley for the big win in the Moseley!

(And on the serious side, nice work by Hill sweeping the 2 stakes in Boston...)
Old 07-11-2010, 09:43 AM
Goodwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kasept View Post

You mean... this wasn't the race they were pointing for when they bought him last summer for probably 7 figures?

(hey, at least this one wasn't a gelding when they got him! )
Old 07-12-2010, 05:47 PM
Hawthorne

Quote:

Gee, I hope your not planning on any interviews from Fisig Tipton this meet! I don't like what they have done with great horse flesh over the years but Everyday Heros ran decent coming off an 8 month layoff. Would you have rather him started in an Allow/optional cl to build his confidence? He was a game horse who might not go far but it makes no sense to dump on the horse the first time out of the gate this year. Or the owner for that matter. Particularly since you may be working hard to get Darley on your show. I still say, you can't have it both ways. And might you be reminded, Darley is putting just a little bit of money into the racing game. Darley did very well last year at Saratoga as I recall as well.
Old 07-12-2010, 06:12 PM
Steve Byk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Handicappy View Post
Gee, I hope your not planning on any interviews from Fisig Tipton this meet! I don't like what they have done with great horse flesh over the years but Everyday Heros ran decent coming off an 8 month layoff. Would you have rather him started in an Allow/optional cl to build his confidence? He was a game horse who might not go far but it makes no sense to dump on the horse the first time out of the gate this year. Or the owner for that matter. Particularly since you may be working hard to get Darley on your show. I still say, you can't have it both ways. And might you be reminded, Darley is putting just a little bit of money into the racing game. Darley did very well last year at Saratoga as I recall as well.
No... Nothing with Fisig Tipton. But I was with Anna Seitz from Fasig Tipton a good part of Saturday at Calder. She and Terence Collier will likely both be on with me at Saratoga before the sale...

"May be working hard to get 'Darley' on the show?" Too funny... Guess you've missed 'Darley' in the person of Mike Stidham and Tom Albertrani on the show the last couple weeks.

You are a moth to a flame if ever there was one..

Last edited by Kasept : 07-12-2010 at 06:49 PM.
Old 07-13-2010, 07:00 AM
Hawthorne

Quote:
No... Nothing with Fisig Tipton. But I was with Anna Seitz from Fasig Tipton a good part of Saturday at Calder. She and Terence Collier will likely both be on with me at Saratoga before the sale...

"May be working hard to get 'Darley' on the show?" Too funny... Guess you've missed 'Darley' in the person of Mike Stidham and Tom Albertrani on the show the last couple weeks.

Good one Steve! But I can't seem to find the flame.
Old 07-14-2010, 09:00 AM
Hollywood Park

It might not have been a "Saratoga Day" but Suffolk did a great job and it was a very enjoyable way to spend the day. Everyday Heroes even made it into the Boston Globe, unfortunately they chose to print his paddock antics instead of his win.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg EverydayHeros.jpg (46.4 KB, 3 views)
Old 07-14-2010, 09:39 AM
Hawthorne

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuffolkGirl View Post
It might not have been a "Saratoga Day" but Suffolk did a great job and it was a very enjoyable way to spend the day. Everyday Heroes even made it into the Boston Globe, unfortunately they chose to print his paddock antics instead of his win.
I had heard that the gate crew did an outstanding job with Everyday Heroes just to get him in the gate. It is unfortunate that they just caught his antics before the race. He ran very well coming off 8 or so months.
Old 07-14-2010, 10:01 AM
Hawthorne

Quote:

And to close out this chapter here, my point related to your sarcastic comment regarding his win at Suffolk. Such comments don't serve any purpose and only undermine the sport further. You choose to ignore that part of my response.
Old 07-15-2010, 05:14 PM
Saratoga

CandiHappy...is not happy.