Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Stakes Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 02-06-2010, 05:43 PM
Golden Gate

I'm probably one of the only people that hope RA and Zenyatta do not meet soon. I live close to Louisville so will undoubtedly attend the BC this year. I dream of a field for the BC classic of RA, Zenyatta facing eachother for the first time plus QR, a healthy Summer Bird, and hopefully a few good 3 yo plus maybe a few late developing good horses like Blame or others.
Old 02-06-2010, 05:48 PM
Belmont Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by tector
Forget the crappy field, he beat the hell out of the clock all the way around the track.

That may be the best route Beyer we've seen in awhile.
The race looks freaky fast. I have a huge issue with the whole day. The quarter claimers went the fastest 1 turn mile the filly allowance race won by the ok Mott and the slow Phipps second went faster then the Frankie allowance race where he looked solid beating a solid field in 38 and high change.. I don't pretend to understand Speed figures on anything other then a 101 level but QR mile is 134 and change?
Old 02-06-2010, 05:49 PM
Belmont Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiznowthegreat
I'm probably one of the only people that hope RA and Zenyatta do not meet soon. I live close to Louisville so will undoubtedly attend the BC this year. I dream of a field for the BC classic of RA, Zenyatta facing eachother for the first time plus QR, a healthy Summer Bird, and hopefully a few good 3 yo plus maybe a few late developing good horses like Blame or others.
Summer Bird isn't in the others league..Musket Man needs to grow up a little but he has some talent
Old 02-06-2010, 05:54 PM
Golden Gate

Quote:
Originally Posted by freddymo
Summer Bird isn't in the others league..Musket Man needs to grow up a little but he has some talent
I think Summer Bird would fit with those. A healthy I Want Revenge plus some talented 3yo's would make it a race for the ages. I realize I'm only dreaming though this far out.
Old 02-06-2010, 06:04 PM
Aqueduct

Quality Road demolished this field the way he should have. It's early in the season and bigger and better races are in front of us. At least Quality Road showed his ability by relaxing off Past the Points and then running away with this race.
Old 02-06-2010, 06:09 PM
Super Mod.. and Super Fly

Quote:
The race looks freaky fast. I have a huge issue with the whole day. The quarter claimers went the fastest 1 turn mile the filly allowance race won by the ok Mott and the slow Phipps second went faster then the Frankie allowance race where he looked solid beating a solid field in 38 and high change.. I don't pretend to understand Speed figures on anything other then a 101 level but QR mile is 134 and change?
I disagree about Frankie's race. He beat Bank the Eight by a length. Bt8 is a decent horse but he's far from a star. Purely guessing, but I say WF comes back with a low-80s Beyer and QR's is between 115-120.
Old 02-06-2010, 06:14 PM
Hawthorne

Quote:
there is no run up for the mile races. i dont think there was anyone solid in the wildcat frankie race, but after that 2nd quarter, it makes sense they came home so slow late.
Old 02-06-2010, 06:30 PM
Belmont Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaining Ground
there is no run up for the mile races. i dont think there was anyone solid in the wildcat frankie race, but after that 2nd quarter, it makes sense they came home so slow late.
Actually I thought the participants were ok
Old 02-06-2010, 06:37 PM
Super Mod.. and Super Fly

Bank the Eight's previous three Beyers: 74, 73, 74. How many points do you think he jumped up?

Soldier Field was the only other horse in the race with an 80 Beyer, and he didn't run a step. Wildcat Frankie is what he looked like on paper, a very nice sprinter with distance limitations.
Old 02-06-2010, 07:08 PM
Hawthorne

Quote:
Originally Posted by ateamstupid
Bank the Eight's previous three Beyers: 74, 73, 74. How many points do you think he jumped up?

Soldier Field was the only other horse in the race with an 80 Beyer, and he didn't run a step. Wildcat Frankie is what he looked like on paper, a very nice sprinter with distance limitations.
bank the eight got a 78. wildcat frankie got a 80.
Old 02-06-2010, 07:08 PM
Goodwood

It should be 52 points higher than the 1st race of the day. You can't really compare one turn with two turn races at GP because of the wacky runup/no runup issue...
Old 02-06-2010, 07:10 PM
The Curragh

Quote:
You really think Frankie looked OK winning today?
While tiring on the wrong lead.
Old 02-06-2010, 07:14 PM
Flemington

Quote:
Originally Posted by philcski
It should be 52 points higher than the 1st race of the day. You can't really compare one turn with two turn races at GP because of the wacky runup/no runup issue...
I was thinking 136 but that might be a tad high.
Old 02-06-2010, 07:17 PM
Hawthorne

Quote:
Originally Posted by philcski
your right 122. 1st race got a 70.
Old 02-06-2010, 07:28 PM
Golden Gate

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiznowthegreat
RA, Zenyatta, and Quality Road would be a dream field on dirt. I wonder who would go off favored after today's impressive performance by Quality Road. Churchill's dirt surface and long stretch will play differently than Gulfstream.

It sounds like Quality Road's next start will be the Met Mile but Pletcher will probably have to beat one of these horses in a BC Classic head-to-head matchup to get HOY. A dry track in Louisville in November is a risky proposition.

It will be interesting to see what BC ticket prices will be when they go on sale.
Old 02-06-2010, 08:00 PM
Oriental Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbahadur
RA, Zenyatta, and Quality Road would be a dream field on dirt. I wonder who would go off favored after today's impressive performance by Quality Road. Churchill's dirt surface and long stretch will play differently than Gulfstream.

It sounds like Quality Road's next start will be the Met Mile but Pletcher will probably have to beat one of these horses in a BC Classic head-to-head matchup to get HOY. A dry track in Louisville in November is a risky proposition.

It will be interesting to see what BC ticket prices will be when they go on sale.
I wonder if they'll go for the Carter first if they point to the Met Mile. There's not much else in April anyways outside of the Oaklawn Handicap, and it opens up an avenue towards a sprint title (Forego, Cigar Mile later on) on top of an handicap horse Eclipse.
Old 02-06-2010, 08:06 PM
Belmont Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by RolloTomasi
I wonder if they'll go for the Carter first if they point to the Met Mile. There's not much else in April anyways outside of the Oaklawn Handicap, and it opens up an avenue towards a sprint title (Forego, Cigar Mile later on) on top of an handicap horse Eclipse.
The Carter while a real G1 is 250k.. I dont see how that flatters him in the shed.. The Met could be a great race IF Rachel comes back and improves off her 3 year old form. QR while JUICED with the new and improved TAP elixir has to be viewed as the single fastest horse in the world..
Old 02-06-2010, 08:19 PM
Oriental Park

Quote:
The Carter while a real G1 is 250k.. I dont see how that flatters him in the shed.. The Met could be a great race IF Rachel comes back and improves off her 3 year old form. QR while JUICED with the new and improved TAP elixir has to be viewed as the single fastest horse in the world..
Do multiple Eclipse awards flatter him in the shed?
Old 02-06-2010, 09:08 PM
Belmont Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by RolloTomasi
Do multiple Eclipse awards flatter him in the shed?
Vindication is a complete bust with his strawberry road kill. On the bottom. My beloved Smarty is 10k booked open. With Elusive on top. QR has a lot to prove before the bid mares move from DH,INDY,Smart Strike and Gcauseway head over?
Old 02-07-2010, 12:01 AM
Oriental Park

Quote:
Vindication is a complete bust with his strawberry road kill. On the bottom. My beloved Smarty is 10k booked open. With Elusive on top. QR has a lot to prove before the bid mares move from DH,INDY,Smart Strike and Gcauseway head over?
What does this have to do with winning multiple Eclipse awards?