Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > "At the Races with Steve Byk"
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 05-14-2009, 08:04 AM
Steve Byk

Default Anyone catch the Indiana Downs score?

http://www.drf.com/drfPDFChartRacesI...=20090513&RN=6

Sure hope some listeners moved on the Indiana Downs stake last night where the 2-3-9 triple I suggested at the end of the show, (#9 Mrs. Petoski underneath), came in for a fat $276.80...
Old 05-14-2009, 08:32 AM
Les Bois

Default Indiana Downs

Steve, this is Art from Facebook.com. At 7pm you gave out the Ms. Petroski #9 along with the #2 and #3. I stopped to play it thru xpressbet.com not knowing the race number. Customer Service was extremely helpful to find the race number but the race ran the moment you were giving it out over the air. Indiana is strange with their keeping of time. Half of the state is Central, half is eastern, some parts don't recognize daily savings time. I can't keep up with what time it is when I'm in Indiana. Thanks again for your show. I liked the new pedigree dude. Lauren Stitch is probably prettier and has a sexier voice for the radio, but she is constantly too busy to come on your show, and this guy was much more knowledgeable. - Art
Old 05-14-2009, 10:09 AM
Gulfstream Park

Default Indiana Downs betting

Nice to see you betting on our local track. Just to help with the time issues, Indiana has finally cleared that up and is now aligned with the East Coast. Mon-Wed they have first post at 4:55pm Eastern (and we now stay on DST too so we are always the same as NY) to try and bridge the gap between the daytime tracks in the east and the West Coast tracks and nightime ones. Seems to be working pretty well too as they have retained it from last year. Also the quality of the horses is going up becasue of the slot money. Everyone knows that it is part of the problems that Ellis Park and Turfway are having. I did ok last nite (2 tri's), but missed the late PK4 because I took the Eddie Kennally turf horse out of my ticket in the Stakes when it came off the turf...dumb move! I'm already bugging them to make the pick 4's into .50 cents and get us some pick 5 or 6 action. Hope to here more from you on future possibilities here.
Old 05-14-2009, 10:56 AM
Randwyck

Quote:
Originally Posted by beemerhauler
Steve, this is Art from Facebook.com. At 7pm you gave out the Ms. Petroski #9 along with the #2 and #3. I stopped to play it thru xpressbet.com not knowing the race number. Customer Service was extremely helpful to find the race number but the race ran the moment you were giving it out over the air. Indiana is strange with their keeping of time. Half of the state is Central, half is eastern, some parts don't recognize daily savings time. I can't keep up with what time it is when I'm in Indiana. Thanks again for your show. I liked the new pedigree dude. Lauren Stitch is probably prettier and has a sexier voice for the radio, but she is constantly too busy to come on your show, and this guy was much more knowledgeable. - Art
All partsof Indiana recognize daylight savings time. Thank the Gov for that one.....Its just the Northwest and Southwest corners stay on Central time, while everyone else in the eastern time zone (something that doesn't make sense to me). I guess Ky, Tenn, Fla, Oregon, ND, SD, NE, KS would be confusing also. Zona is the only state that doesn't observe it. You can count Costa Rica also.
Old 05-14-2009, 02:24 PM
Woodbine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kasept
http://www.drf.com/drfPDFChartRacesI...=20090513&RN=6

Sure hope some listeners moved on the Indiana Downs stake last night where the 2-3-9 triple I suggested at the end of the show, (#9 Mrs. Petoski underneath), came in for a fat $276.80...
When you're hot, you're hot!!! Nice work Steve...