Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Sports Bar & Grill
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 08-02-2007, 08:52 PM
Saratoga

Quote:
Originally Posted by trifecta124
Let's Go Mets
I am going Saturday, Bleachers, should be a great time. I predict Cubs sweep, 28-8 runs scored
Old 08-02-2007, 08:54 PM
Hawthorne

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scav
I am going Saturday, Bleachers, should be a great time. I predict Cubs sweep, 28-8 runs scored
You aren't going to Toga this weekend?
Old 08-02-2007, 09:11 PM
cincygreg

Cool

Lost today, but still in first place.

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
CUBBIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!

T.T.Y.L. Greg
Old 08-02-2007, 09:50 PM
Suffolk Downs

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiphan
You may be right, but unlike a lot of Teams the Brew Crew doesn't have $100+ million to dish out on players so it has been a real long time since we have even been thinking about anything besides Packers Training camp after August 1st. It is nice to see a team like the Brewers develop over time thru the draft, unlike the Red Sox, Yankees, Cubs, etc. who just buy the best available. Don't get me wrong I would love if we would spend that kind of $, but that is not going to happen. Also, I have a soft spot for the Tigers, who helped ignite the Brewers after being no hit in Detroit the to go 24-10 after that.

The Cubs have not bought the best available. Soriano is the first big free agent we acquired. 1st,second, ss, 3rd have all been developed they were not superstars when we got them. Zambrano, Hill, Marshal, Marmol, Cherry, Petrik, theriot, Pagan, Fontenot, have all spent time in the Cubs farm league. The Cubs have developed some very good pitchers and are now focusing on some fine position players. We are not even close to how the Yankees and Sox acquire players. I wish we were though.

Go Cubs
Old 08-02-2007, 09:58 PM
Suffolk Downs

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiphan
This is what I love about Cubs fans. I am glad you are not worried about a team that held 1st place for 102 days and you are worried about an old, terrible Cardinals team with zero pitching that got smoked 15-1 by the Pirates last night. Now you are counting on Kerry Wood. Best of luck with that. Lou has turned some things around and the Cubs are finding ways to win. I agree with that, don't count out the Crew yet. You have had a share of first place for less than 24hrs.
As your team implodes,you wonder why we are not worried.YOU CAN NOT FIGHT YOUR OWN COACH.
An old tired team that just won 2 of 3 against you. Also not counting on Kerry Wood he is kinda like a bonus. I did say, I hope the Brew crew get the wildcard though.

GO CUBS
Old 08-02-2007, 10:07 PM
Hawthorne

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supah Brother
As your team implodes,you wonder why we are not worried.YOU CAN NOT FIGHT YOUR OWN COACH.
An old tired team that just won 2 of 3 against you. Also not counting on Kerry Wood he is kinda like a bonus. I did say, I hope the Brew crew get the wildcard though.

GO CUBS
What old tired team are you talking about....Not the Mets I hope.
Old 08-02-2007, 11:07 PM
Woodbine

Quote:
I think this might be my first argument EVER with a Brewers fan. I didn't know there were many of them.

All kidding aside, 1) I like the stadium alot there, great place to see a game IMO 2) It seems like you guys are finally selling some tickets to, which is a good thing 3) Good luck in the wild card Cubs win this division by 6 games and clinch on September 22nd against the Pirates and I will get to see it live (going this Saturday also )

There aren't many of us! Games are actually selling out and the stadium is great and many Cubs fan prefer it over wrigley. We always appreciate you guys coming up here and spending $, it is good for our economy.
Old 08-02-2007, 11:11 PM
Woodbine

Quote:

GO CUBS
Actually, if you have been watching the way Ned Yost coaches some times you might disagree. Somebody had to do something and Estrada was just fed up with Ned's coaching decisions.
Old 08-03-2007, 06:44 AM
Oaklawn

Quote:
You only need two pitchers in the playoffs anyways, and one guy to keep them close in a game
And alittle magic.
Old 08-03-2007, 11:13 AM
Thistley Downs

In some areas of the country majic is known as cheating.
Old 08-03-2007, 12:42 PM
Sha Tin

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Hot4TV
They are starting to choke as I post. The Red Sox are going to win the pennent after trading for a strong closer. Angels pitching is done for the season, they only have 2 starters that are reliable, Lackey and Escobar. The Tigers are in the same boat , not enough pitching. I don't see anything in the National leauge to beat Boston now.
Joe Saunders has been great. Jered Weaver has been so-so. The Angels still have a great bullpen in Krod/Shields/Spiers.
Old 08-03-2007, 12:44 PM
Sha Tin

Quote:
The Cubs have not bought the best available. Soriano is the first big free agent we acquired. 1st,second, ss, 3rd have all been developed they were not superstars when we got them. Zambrano, Hill, Marshal, Marmol, Cherry, Petrik, theriot, Pagan, Fontenot, have all spent time in the Cubs farm league. The Cubs have developed some very good pitchers and are now focusing on some fine position players. We are not even close to how the Yankees and Sox acquire players. I wish we were though.

Go Cubs
But your other 2 top players with big contracts (Ramirez,Lee)were traded to Cubs in salary dumps by small market teams.
Old 08-04-2007, 09:52 AM
Hialeah Park

Quote:

Scavs...If you are there today, please make sure when you give a standing ovation to Kerry Wood if he enters the game that it's really Kerry Wood.

Cub's fans gave a rousing ovation yesterday to Kerry Wood when he came in to pitch....too bad it was Bobby Howry, not Wood
Old 08-04-2007, 08:03 PM
Saratoga

Quote:
Originally Posted by GBBob
Scavs...If you are there today, please make sure when you give a standing ovation to Kerry Wood if he enters the game that it's really Kerry Wood.

Cub's fans gave a rousing ovation yesterday to Kerry Wood when he came in to pitch....too bad it was Bobby Howry, not Wood
Today was a good day at Wrigley. I almost got into a fight in the line for the bleachers after I skinnyed into the front of the line, "Your not getting in before my kids" "Hey **** you buddy I am with them "

Get front row center field for myself and 11 others, have a good time, alot of brawls today for some reason, most likely because there were some hardcore Met fans there, and then am now home. I will say this, that area keeps on turning into more and more of a cluster****, just a free for all
Old 08-04-2007, 08:24 PM
Hippodrome Bluebonnets

Default 4 outs to get....

For the Phillies to get and our Cubbies are back in 1st!
Old 08-04-2007, 08:26 PM
Hippodrome Bluebonnets

Default Holy Crap!

Tom "Flush" Gordon just served it up to Fielder!
Old 08-04-2007, 08:33 PM
Hialeah Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclem10011
Tom "Flush" Gordon just served it up to Fielder!
I took $hits that were smarter than this bum. Get him the phuck out of here...1-2 count and he serves him that??? Crumb bum blew it for us yet again. and to add even more pain, Iguhi gets robbed of a homer...Come on Eagles, pre season couldnt start fast enough!!
"A person who saw no important difference between the fire outside a Neandrathal's cave and a working thermo-nuclear reactor might tell you that junk bonds and derivatives BOTH serve to energize capital"

- Nathan Israel
Old 08-04-2007, 08:38 PM
Hippodrome Bluebonnets

Default So your a..........

Fan of the Cubs and the Phills? Gordon is a Phuckin bum, I agree, and as a former Cub that pitch constitutes TREASON in my book!
The Hart catch was amazing, I must admit, although it totally SUCKED!
Old 08-04-2007, 08:44 PM
Hialeah Park

Quote:
Fan of the Cubs and the Phills? Gordon is a Phuckin bum, I agree, and as a former Cub that pitch constitutes TREASON in my book!
The Hart catch was amazing, I must admit, although it totally SUCKED!
Phils and Phils only. My snake bitten Phils.
"A person who saw no important difference between the fire outside a Neandrathal's cave and a working thermo-nuclear reactor might tell you that junk bonds and derivatives BOTH serve to energize capital"

- Nathan Israel
Old 08-04-2007, 10:41 PM
Woodbine

Quote:
For the Phillies to get and our Cubbies are back in 1st!

Enjoy being in 2nd place