Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Sports Bar & Grill
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 04-18-2007, 08:51 PM
Gulfstream Park

Default Rangers Advance

http://<b>http://www.facebook.com/pr...ef=profile</b>
Old 04-18-2007, 09:41 PM
Randwyck

Monster win down south by the Devils tonight! Well, it had to be a monster win -- they gave up a 2 goal lead and won it in OT, LOL. Great win.

Eric
Old 04-19-2007, 02:28 PM
Monmouth Park

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Storm Cadet
Only true NY hockey fans root for

not

nor

We get three here in NY to root for.
This town will be buzzing now.Used to have season tickets in section 311.LET'S GO RANGERS
Old 04-19-2007, 05:07 PM
Santa Anita

I need a big performance from the flames tonight to even the series....we get this win here, we might be able to pull it off!

#Grand
Old 04-19-2007, 05:53 PM
The Curragh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cardus
It was awesome to hear the "hey, hey, hey, good-bye" chant last night at the Garden for the first time in a decade.

Long live The King!
I still have 5 copies of the NY Daily News special pull-out section from Thursday, June 16th 1994, titled "Rangers Kiss the Curse Goodbye"!!!
Old 04-19-2007, 07:05 PM
Gulfstream Park

I had Ranger seasons in the blue seats Sec 420 row B...1970's...Ratelle-Gilbert-Hatfield and Eddie Giacomin...those were teams baby! Too bad the Bruins had some kid named ORR

Last edited by Storm Cadet : 04-19-2007 at 07:19 PM.
Old 04-19-2007, 07:14 PM
The Curragh

1st game I ever went to at the Garden was 1975 (11 years old), I still have the yearbook.
Old 04-21-2007, 01:30 PM
Monmouth Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by Storm Cadet
I had Ranger seasons in the blue seats Sec 420 row B...1970's...Ratelle-Gilbert-Hatfield and Eddie Giacomin...those were teams baby! Too bad the Bruins had some kid named ORR
That was a great time.I still remember in the early 80's going to and we played the Isladers in PREASEASON and don't you know there were 2 bench clearing fights.I loved guys like Eddie Johnstone,Mike Rogers,Eddie Mio and Reijo Ruitsalainen.The chant at the garden used to be for Carol Alt when she came to the games.CARROLLL,CARROLLL.She used to get a kick out of it.
Old 04-21-2007, 01:46 PM
Gulfstream Park

Back then I had the opportunity to go to a engagement party for Carol Alts sister as she was marrying a football coach at St Johns. Well who shows up Carol and Ron G her hubby. No one pays any attention to the guy the whole party as Carol was UNBELIEVABLE looking back then. Finally after a long time I went by him and talked Ranger stuff. Nice guy but out of her league!

Old 04-21-2007, 04:07 PM
pgardn

I know very little about hockey presently. But I watched a few games and so far the Buffalo games were most impressive. They have a whole bunch of guys that skate extraordinarily well. They are fast and change directions very quickly. I dont know if this translates into victories but these guys can clearly skate.
Old 04-21-2007, 05:10 PM
The Curragh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Byebyemermaid
That was a great time.I still remember in the early 80's going to and we played the Isladers in PREASEASON and don't you know there were 2 bench clearing fights.I loved guys like Eddie Johnstone,Mike Rogers,Eddie Mio and Reijo Ruitsalainen.The chant at the garden used to be for Carol Alt when she came to the games.CARROLLL,CARROLLL.She used to get a kick out of it.
I still have a beat up piece of paper that served as a program for a rookie game from 1984 played at Totowa Iceworld, Rangers vs Devils...notable names from that game: Devils; Hector Marini, Greg Adams, Craig Billington, Rangers: Terry Carkner, Dave Gagner, and George McPhee (who was ejected for fighting).
Old 04-21-2007, 05:35 PM
The Curragh

Quote:
Any Nick Fotiu fans in the crowd?
Cardus, put his name in the Youtube search engine, and enjoy about an hour of Nicky's best work Some classic battles with the Flyers, and you might remember a game against St Louis and a gentleman by the name of Steve Durbano.
Old 04-21-2007, 06:05 PM
The Curragh

Youtube can be addicting (kind of like this board), you put a name in the search engine, and it takes you all sorts of places... brings back some great hockey memories Barry Beck's got a few scraps in there also. That guy was way before his time(linebacker size, today everyone's that big) unfortunately due to Pat Flatley's shoulder check, had his career cut way short.
Old 04-21-2007, 06:16 PM
The Curragh

It was that same series, although mentioning Ken Morrow's goal brings back rotten memories ; It was as clean a check as could have been thrown, Beck's shoulder was basically destroyed. The next season Herb Brooks called him out, not realizing how devestating the injury was, thus ending both men's careers in NY (which led to Ted Sator, but that's another story). The infamous, stone hands Bob Brooke missed on a semi-breakaway moments before that absurd shot by Morrow.
Old 04-21-2007, 08:32 PM
Hippodrome Bluebonnets

The Damn Flames are going to get their Arse's handed to them tomorrow. Dirty play at the end of the game will get our goon's ready to drop the gloves at the drop of the first puck. Cheap shot from the 2nd string goalie at the end and we'll going to send their arse's packing.
Old 04-21-2007, 09:30 PM
Santa Anita

flames needed to win that one tonight. they should win in Calgary but I dont think they can win game 7.....

#Grand
Old 04-22-2007, 05:54 PM
The Curragh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cannon Shell
I believe the best team in NY would be the Sabres of Buffalo
Chuck, it looks like we'll get a chance to find out
Old 05-03-2007, 04:44 PM
Hippodrome Bluebonnets

My Mighty Wings pulled one out last night in Grand Fashion. We'll win in 7 games and get ready for the West Coast Finals.
Old 05-03-2007, 08:08 PM
Monmouth Park

Quote:
Any Nick Fotiu fans in the crowd?
Used to love after the shootaround before the game Nick would grab all the pucks and heave them into the stands.The amazing thing from down on the ice on skates he could get it into the blue section.Still have my T-shirts from 1994 and the pictures of me kissing and raising the cup when they brought out to Belmont.The best thing was my best buddy lives in Florida and at that time had no way of getting the games.I did business with DHL and would tape the games and overnight them to him.
Old 05-06-2007, 03:59 PM
The Curragh

Well, the Sabres were definitely the better team (thanks to J Hecht, today, those were 2 amazing goals), but the reason it's still cool to be a Ranger fan is because of what happened after the game ended. What other fans would chant for their team for 5 minutes, after getting knocked out of the playoffs? Let's Go Rangers!