Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Sports Bar & Grill
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 01-08-2007, 10:55 PM
Bendaredonedat

Default Gator Bait

jus wanna thank everyone who played a part in giving Gators and 71/2 tonight. OSU sure does look unstoppable, no way they can lose right .....$200 that i will glady give back to horse industry!!! i live in suck eye nation and this is real nice
Old 01-08-2007, 11:04 PM
Delaware Park

Agreed! I (redboardingly) loaded up on the Gators and the over and made enough to finance opening weekend at Oaklawn. Gator Nation indeed!!!
Old 01-08-2007, 11:06 PM
Coach Pants

W2G redboarders!!! SEC RULES!!!
Old 01-08-2007, 11:17 PM
Bendaredonedat

Quote:
Originally Posted by hailrazer
Agreed! I (redboardingly) loaded up on the Gators and the over and made enough to finance opening weekend at Oaklawn. Gator Nation indeed!!!
Im happy for you, i could of reboarded on the Hogs if they didnt suck. And you have no clue what its like around about O State, like the gators or not if your not an OSU fan around here its rough. Good Luck at Oaklawn, wish i could have reboarded on Lawyer Ron
Old 01-08-2007, 11:18 PM
Hippodrome Bluebonnets

Love them HOGS baby. Gators brought it home for us though. SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC baby. Basketball and football champs. SEC SEC I hate them Big 10 Homers.
Old 01-08-2007, 11:22 PM
Cahokia Downs

Any doubt which is the toughest conference? The final ranking should be #1- Florida...#2 LSU. That leads to a great T-shirt for Auburn:

Auburn...27
#1 Fla....17

Auburn ...7
#2 LSU ...3

The SEC sent 9 of the 12 teams (that's getting pretty deep in the old roster) to bowl games and won 6 of them including the national championship. Fine performance I would suggest.
Old 01-08-2007, 11:29 PM
Bendaredonedat

Quote:
Originally Posted by sham
Any doubt which is the toughest conference? The final ranking should be #1- Florida...#2 LSU. That leads to a great T-shirt for Auburn:

Auburn...27
#1 Fla....17

Auburn ...7
#2 LSU ...3

The SEC sent 9 of the 12 teams (that's getting pretty deep in the old roster) to bowl games and won 6 of them including the national championship. Fine performance I would suggest.
LSU is very good and i cant see any reason why they shouldnt be 2
Old 01-08-2007, 11:31 PM
Randwyck

I'm looking at the Box Score and I see that the Buckeyes only
had a total of 82 yards of offense, that is pathetic from a #1
team in college football. How far to do you people think OSU
will fall in the polls
Old 01-08-2007, 11:41 PM
Bendaredonedat

Quote:
Originally Posted by saucon17
I'm looking at the Box Score and I see that the Buckeyes only
had a total of 82 yards of offense, that is pathetic from a #1
team in college football. How far to do you people think OSU
will fall in the polls
the OSU offensive line was dominated tonight hands down, and Ginn? being out didnt help them, as far as the polls im not sure but FLA ,MICH, USC , should be ahead of them for sure. im not sure what they have coming in next year ,but i bet the polls wont treat em to bad
Old 01-08-2007, 11:43 PM
Keeneland

Guys, just wanted to say before I hit the sack... OMG WOW...

I am hammered and PROUD to be a GATOR. They brought their A game tonight and boy did it show... HOLY COW!!!
Old 01-08-2007, 11:54 PM
Atlantic City Race Course

two things -- i've spoken to cajun, and for her admitting that she is really drunk, she is still quite capable of talking football.

secondly, i've learned a lot here. i thought there was no way ohio state could lose. if i had to pick one thing i've learned here, i would say it was from my buddy bellsendboy in the "fg xmas eve" thread. if there was no way that i could forsee the result that inevitably happened, there is only one single conclusion that could be the reality.....

the game was fixed. period.

ok in honesty though -- i was wicked wrong. i think anyone who has followed football would say that it was clear that ohio state did not show up at all and didn't play the game that we've seen them play all year.

but the fact remains, that after tonight -- it was clear that even THAT wouldn't have been good enough to beat the Gators tonight.

Very deserving champions after that performance.
Old 01-09-2007, 12:13 AM
Delaware Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by brianwspencer
two things -- i've spoken to cajun, and for her admitting that she is really drunk, she is still quite capable of talking football.

secondly, i've learned a lot here. i thought there was no way ohio state could lose. if i had to pick one thing i've learned here, i would say it was from my buddy bellsendboy in the "fg xmas eve" thread. if there was no way that i could forsee the result that inevitably happened, there is only one single conclusion that could be the reality.....

the game was fixed. period.

ok in honesty though -- i was wicked wrong. i think anyone who has followed football would say that it was clear that ohio state did not show up at all and didn't play the game that we've seen them play all year.

but the fact remains, that after tonight -- it was clear that even THAT wouldn't have been good enough to beat the Gators tonight.

Very deserving champions after that performance.
It is my very humble opinion that the underdog in the championship game, as well as most bowl games has a huge advantage. Ohio State comes in thinking that if they play as they have all year that they are the better team (as they should). Florida comes in hungry to prove everyone wrong, makes tons of adjustments and throws the book at OSU early. Before you know it, the game is over. I agree that OSU didn't play their game tonight, but I think that had everything to do with Florida being incredibly fast and a different team than they had seen on film...
Old 01-09-2007, 03:06 AM
Dee Tee Stables

well, just woke up to find a repeat performance by an sec team. deja vu people! lsu/florida with the same scores in their respective bowl games.

absolutely lsu should have leap-frogged osu to #2. but, what can you do?

redemption!!! florida played an awesome game. what gratification for those of us who argued that yes, absolutely florida BELONGED in this game.

the SEC showed it to those 'football purists' who think that the michigans and osus of this world are 'better'.....

oh, and i gotta go find that guy at one of my accounts. lol the one who thought the little lady didn't know what she was talking about to even suggest florida could win.

i forced myself to bed at the half--you guys see what time i'm posting this! what a way to wake up.

congrats to florida--dual titles, unreal.
Old 01-09-2007, 03:06 AM
Dee Tee Stables

Old 01-09-2007, 03:07 AM
Dee Tee Stables

repeated...
Dee Tee Stables

echoechoecho
Dee Tee Stables

repeated....
Old 01-09-2007, 08:04 AM
Keeneland

LOL Deb... my head is killing me.

Too much crown last night... shiat. GO GATORS and GEAUX TIGAHS!
Old 01-09-2007, 08:25 AM
Churchill Downs

While I certainly believe the evidence presented by the bowls would lead most to believe that LSU is the second best team- maybe USC- it really doesn't matter. Put Boise up there if you can. They still haven't lost.

Bad month for the Michigan apologists. The whole argument about losing to OSU by only 3 made them deserving really blew up. As it turned out, OSU wasn't as great as they were made out to be.
Old 01-09-2007, 09:35 AM
Hialeah Park

Pretty stupid that had UCLA beat USC the Gators wouldn't have even got in the National Championship game. Especially ridiculous when you are in a conference with 8 of the best 30 teams in the nation. The sport needs a playoff and fast or the SEC will continue to be shut out of the national championship because it is so tough to go undefeated in that conference.