Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Sports Bar & Grill
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 12-08-2010, 09:08 PM
Flemington

Default The NY Knicks

...actually have a pulse for the first time in a looooonnnnnngggg while. It's time they get their own godamitty thread.
Old 12-08-2010, 09:36 PM
Del Mar

Felton looks like Isaiah Thomas out there. I mean...he looks like...never mind.

Yes, they are playing very well.
Old 12-08-2010, 10:38 PM
Sha Tin

please keep it quiet before youknowwho jumps on the bandwagon and jinxes the whole thing
Old 12-08-2010, 11:28 PM
Flemington

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cannon Shell View Post
please keep it quiet before youknowwho jumps on the bandwagon and jinxes the whole thing
I called it before the seasson. You and Hoss told me I was wrong, and there is no need to have an opinion so early. They are a lock to make the playoffs, and even though they cant win anything, they are competitive and have a pulse.
Old 12-08-2010, 11:36 PM
Keeneland

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockHardTen1985 View Post
I called it before the seasson. You and Hoss told me I was wrong, and there is no need to have an opinion so early. They are a lock to make the playoffs, and even though they cant win anything, they are competitive and have a pulse.
As usual you are full of crap. Here is the conversation. We said no trends and no need to make a definitive opinion after two games. You also said the Heat are no worse than 67-15. Good luck with that one Nosssssssstradamus.

Quote:
You know what?
My early seassssssson strategy is the Nets and Knicks are both just a bit better then people think... Bet them when its right, lay off when its not.
Quote:
There are no trends after 2 games
Quote:
Maybe not, but you can form an opinion in the off seasssssson, if you trust it YOU BET IT. The Knicks and Nets are simply not that bad compared to everyone else, and so far the lines have reflected the exact opposite, especially with the Knicks.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dahoss View Post
Dude, we're two games into the season. What is the rush to have a definitive opinion so early? Especially in the NBA?
Old 12-09-2010, 08:58 AM
Flemington

I have to admit that they have started to pique my intrest. I actually watched the second half last night and thought that they were pretty entertaining. They do seem like they are on the improve (the next 15 games will tell alot as they start to get into the varsity part of the schedule), but they definitely need to get better defensively. It's a refreshing change as opposed to what has gone on with them in the past decade.
Old 12-09-2010, 09:32 AM
Coach Pants

It's sad really. They have a dedicated fan base and the thread is proof of that.

How bad do you have to be as an owner if you can't put a team on the floor that can make the playoffs on a consistent basis?

Now the fans are reduced to excitement over a 14-9 record? That should be expected. Cablevision needs to GTFO.
Old 12-09-2010, 09:42 AM
Flemington

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach Pants View Post
It's sad really. They have a dedicated fan base and the thread is proof of that.

How bad do you have to be as an owner if you can't put a team on the floor that can make the playoffs on a consistent basis?

Now the fans are reduced to excitement over a 14-9 record? That should be expected. Cablevision needs to GTFO.
Hopefully they get out of the hockey buisness as well.
Old 12-09-2010, 09:44 AM
Idlewild Airport

Basketball is deader than dead. Terrible product. Terrible value. Dead.
Old 12-09-2010, 10:59 AM
Keeneland

The NBA is better off when big market teams like the Knicks are competitive. But before we jump the gun lets take a look at who they have beaten in their run.

Two wins vs. Toronto, who are 8-14
Minnesota, 5-17
New Orleans, the lone good team they have beat 14-7
New Jersey, 6-16
Detroit, 7-16

As Herk said, they have a pulse and are improved. But I want to see them beat the good teams also. Everyone beats up on the shi.tty teams.
Old 12-09-2010, 11:25 AM
Flemington

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dahoss View Post
The NBA is better off when big market teams like the Knicks are competitive. But before we jump the gun lets take a look at who they have beaten in their run.

Two wins vs. Toronto, who are 8-14
Minnesota, 5-17
New Orleans, the lone good team they have beat 14-7
New Jersey, 6-16
Detroit, 7-16

As Herk said, they have a pulse and are improved. But I want to see them beat the good teams also. Everyone beats up on the shi.tty teams.
Yeah, but not only were they bad, they were so tough to root for. They were a bad team with a cast of malcontents, underachievers tabbed by the hated GM/coach who became public enemy #1. To make matters worse was he was a teflon Don, because the brain dead management loved him besides having no idea how to run an organization.
Finally there seems to be a light at the end of the tunnel. They are competitive with what seems like a hard working bunch and possess a legitimate superstar. We will see what they are made of during the next 15-20 games, but as of now it is a breath of fresh air as opposed to what has gone on here during the last decade.
Old 12-09-2010, 01:00 PM
Jerome Park

One More Knicktory
Old 12-09-2010, 01:29 PM
Saratoga

!!!!!!!
Old 12-09-2010, 02:46 PM
Santa Anita

this is a nice thread, but I prefer the one where you can talk about the signing of Jack Hanahan or the benching of Joey Graham, or high ankle sprains and you're still on topic.

On this topic...good for the Knickerbockers. They have yet to play another crappy team you can kick around.
Old 12-09-2010, 09:29 PM
Sha Tin

They arent really good but they are playing well, winning close games and have some promising players. That is a whole lot more than we have gotten in a decade. Once the fat piece of ****'s contract is off the books, they will even have a little flexibility. It remains to be seen if D'Antonio's style can win deep into the playoffs (a title) and this team wont find that out but there is a pulse if that scumbag owner doesn't bring back his DADT boyfriend they will at least be interesting.
Old 12-12-2010, 04:05 PM
Flemington

1st 8 game win streak in 16 long years.
Old 12-12-2010, 04:11 PM
Flemington

Quote:
They arent really good but they are playing well, winning close games and have some promising players. That is a whole lot more than we have gotten in a decade. Once the fat piece of ****'s contract is off the books, they will even have a little flexibility. It remains to be seen if D'Antonio's style can win deep into the playoffs (a title) and this team wont find that out but there is a pulse if that scumbag owner doesn't bring back his DADT boyfriend they will at least be interesting.

We have to be realistic though. I think we will easily make the playoffs, but we cant beat Boston,Orlando or Miami. I think we match up really well with Chicago though. The point guard is a player, so is Amare.... Amare IMO will not do well in a series vs Boston. Although I think he could dominate Bosh.....
Amare needs to live on the block, I see him facing up way to much.
Same thing with Bosh, but that has nothing to do with the Knicks.
We are still a huge move away. I dont think CP3 would ever bring us a title. Im not sure Carmelo could either, even though I think he would fit much better then Paul. Melo, Amare, Itallian dude front line would be huge and Amare could match up at center with almost every team in the East.
Old 12-12-2010, 04:30 PM
Flemington

I think you mean THEY
Old 12-12-2010, 06:18 PM
Flemington

Quote:
Originally Posted by herkhorse View Post
I think you mean THEY

I mean we, BRA....
Old 12-12-2010, 06:35 PM
Flemington

If they trade for Carmelo, it will probably be arrivederci for the italian dude.