2 Up to No Good Chavez J F 113
3 Expansion Velasquez C 114 L
4 Winchester Dominguez R A 116 L
5 Colony (IRE) Maragh R 115 L
6 Thabazimbi Desormeaux K J 113 L
7 Ready Set Lezcano J 114 L
8 Grand Couturier (GB) Garcia Alan 120 L
9 Gentleman Chester Prado E S 116 L

Last edited by Kasept : 09-11-2009 at 03:54 PM.
Old 09-13-2009, 04:20 PM
Super Mod.. and Super Fly

Holy crap did Garcia outride Dominguez in the Bowling Green. Why exactly did Ramon choose to engage Thabazimbi so early?
Old 09-13-2009, 04:23 PM
Del Mar

Quote:
Originally Posted by ateamstupid
Holy crap did Garcia outride Dominguez in the Bowling Green. Why exactly did Ramon choose to engage Thabazimbi so early?
Because he needed to. It was his only shot. Garcia's horse is just a much better animal. I ended up betting the 1, what a pitiful effort that was.
Old 09-13-2009, 04:25 PM
5'8".. but all man!

A very oddly run race to say the least. Chavez couldn't even get Up To No Good to last 6 panels
Old 09-13-2009, 04:26 PM
Idlewild Airport

And Kent won the Cole with an excellent ride up the fence.
Old 09-13-2009, 04:29 PM
5'8".. but all man!

Quote:
Originally Posted by randallscott35
And Kent won the Cole with an excellent ride up the fence.
Of course he did, JJ had Straight Story in the 4 path. Coulda drove a mack truck through that hole he left on the rail.
Old 09-13-2009, 04:40 PM
Idlewild Airport

Quote:
Originally Posted by GPK
Of course he did, JJ had Straight Story in the 4 path. Coulda drove a mack truck through that hole he left on the rail.
Kent is quite bipolar when it comes to these races. Gives some of the best and worst rides I see.
Old 09-13-2009, 04:41 PM
Oaklawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by GPK
A very oddly run race to say the least. Chavez couldn't even get Up To No Good to last 6 panels
Chavez still did enough to give GC the chance that Chavez was supposed to do. Lucky for him winchester went early and then that stupid mini-duel.

why wasn't the 2 like 80-1? , you rarely see that many LONG odds horses any more, is it something to do with leveraging off of exchange markets or rebate shops or something, or do regular players really play hopeless longshots that much?
Old 09-13-2009, 04:44 PM
Del Mar

Bad day for a guy who likes to take shots against favorites.
Wouldnt you know it, I love the horse who should be and may be the favorite in the last race- Master. Right now Mott's horse is the 2/1 favorite but the late money will probably go to the 1.
Old 09-13-2009, 05:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gander
Because he needed to. It was his only shot. Garcia's horse is just a much better animal. I ended up betting the 1, what a pitiful effort that was.
His only shot was to engage a 12-1 horse that inherited the lead with a half-mile to go when he knew the favorite would be making the last move? Grand Couturier might have won anyway, but he was hardly a much better animal today. He won by 2 in so-so time and Winchester was 7 1/4 clear of third despite the premature move.
Old 09-13-2009, 06:36 PM
Del Mar

Quote:
His only shot was to engage a 12-1 horse that inherited the lead with a half-mile to go when he knew the favorite would be making the last move? Grand Couturier might have won anyway, but he was hardly a much better animal today. He won by 2 in so-so time and Winchester was 7 1/4 clear of third despite the premature move.
Might have won?!
Old 09-13-2009, 07:47 PM

Quote:
Might have won?!
Yeah, might have. Only two horses did any running. One moved with a half-mile to go and then went nose-to-nose with a horse who inherited the lead for a quarter-mile. The other waited, waited, waited some more and moved past the runner-up once he finally got clear of the 12-1 horse. Maybe Winchester got keyed up when Gentleman Chester moved up on his outside, but he definitely got a much hastier trip than Grand Couturier. Like I said, the winner might have won anyway, but he's not a "much better animal", at least not this year.
Old 09-13-2009, 10:07 PM
Oaklawn

Quote:
Yeah, might have. Only two horses did any running. One moved with a half-mile to go and then went nose-to-nose with a horse who inherited the lead for a quarter-mile. The other waited, waited, waited some more and moved past the runner-up once he finally got clear of the 12-1 horse. Maybe Winchester got keyed up when Gentleman Chester moved up on his outside, but he definitely got a much hastier trip than Grand Couturier. Like I said, the winner might have won anyway, but he's not a "much better animal", at least not this year.
exactly the needless duel with thazambino.. was about the best thing that could have happened to GC other than Chop Chop freelancing the pace away from the expected plodder's delight.
GC hasn't shown much lately to prove he is an exceptional animal.
Winchester may have run better today, i haven't reviewed it yet, im busy watching the bears make awful decisions
Old 09-14-2009, 08:07 AM
Del Mar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby Fischer
exactly the needless duel with thazambino.. was about the best thing that could have happened to GC other than Chop Chop freelancing the pace away from the expected plodder's delight.
GC hasn't shown much lately to prove he is an exceptional animal.
Winchester may have run better today, i haven't reviewed it yet, im busy watching the bears make awful decisions
I never said he is an exceptional animal. Go back and re-read my post. I said he is a much better animal than Thabazimbi I stand by that. Its just my opinion. If you like this horse so much and you think Dominguez' ride cost him a better showing, go bet him next time. If these 2 are in the same race, GC will be 5 times a lesser price than Thabazimbi, so you'll get paid. I'm officially done touching any race where GC runs in because I cant seem to get it right.
Old 09-14-2009, 10:55 AM
Oaklawn

Quote:
I never said he is an exceptional animal. Go back and re-read my post. I said he is a much better animal than Thabazimbi I stand by that. Its just my opinion. If you like this horse so much and you think Dominguez' ride cost him a better showing, go bet him next time. If these 2 are in the same race, GC will be 5 times a lesser price than Thabazimbi, so you'll get paid. I'm officially done touching any race where GC runs in because I cant seem to get it right.
I never meant any animosity towards your opinion. Thabazimbi lucked into a wonderful setup - at least for the middle portion of the race.
For some reason, when there is a run away rabbit like that, the horse who is a distanced 2nd is at an advantage. It isn't that confusing if you consider that the horse in 2nd is basically on its own easy lead.
Thabazimbi:

I didn't give Thabazimbi any shot to win the Bowling Green, and he was fortunate that the scenario gave him every chance to get third. I wouldn't back Thabazimbi in future races. However Winchester, Grand Couturier, and Americain were all possible contenders IMO.
Dominguez was aboard Winchester, who probably did more running in defeat yesterday than Grand Couturier did in victory, although neither were amazing.

With the inferior Thabazimbi inheriting a beautiful lead, and a relatively long time before last-call to make a move, Dominguez had Winchester in the clear and made headway to go take on the leader. Garcia and Grand Couturier simply rated the helpless Winchester who would have to be significantly better than GC to win.

To see the gif animation click this thumbnail pic:
Winchester = White Shadow Roll
GC= Purple Silks Rear
Old 09-14-2009, 11:01 AM

Who the hell is talking about Thabizimbi? I said Winchester got a poorly timed ride. I said it was a bad decision to engage Thabizimbi so early since he was going to back up anyway.
Old 09-14-2009, 01:26 PM
Del Mar

Quote:
Who the hell is talking about Thabizimbi? I said Winchester got a poorly timed ride. I said it was a bad decision to engage Thabizimbi so early since he was going to back up anyway.

LOL, I misread your first post Joey! I thought the entire time you were talking about Thabizimbi. I didnt mean GC was a much better animal than Winchester, I meant Thabizimbi. I got the riders mixed up too. My bad.