Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Sports Bar & Grill
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 06-14-2012, 11:54 PM
Santa Anita

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dahoss View Post
Credit where credit is due. Lebron has been very good in this series. He's the second best player (to Durant) in the series, but he has been solid.

He hit the shots when it mattered, which is something he failed to do last year in the finals.
He was great tonight. We didn't lose the game because of the horrible non calls at the end, we lost it because Brooks is too stubborn to realize we can't keep Perkins on the floor against the Heat. The Thunder would be better off with me on the floor.
Old 06-14-2012, 11:56 PM
Flemington

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmorioles View Post
He was great tonight. We didn't lose the game because of the horrible non calls at the end, we lost it because Brooks is too stubborn to realize we can't keep Perkins on the floor against the Heat. The Thunder would be better off with me on the floor.
Forget all this... Did you catch him in the interview with Stu Scott? He looks beyond uncomfortable. I never noticed, is he a little anti social?
Old 06-14-2012, 11:57 PM
Flemington

Quote:
Credit where credit is due. Lebron has been very good in this series. He's the second best player (to Durant) in the series, but he has been solid.

He hit the shots when it mattered, which is something he failed to do last year in the finals.
In what world is Durant better? Give me Lebron for the next 4 years still. Durant has the better cast around him, and I think it makes him look better.
Old 06-14-2012, 11:57 PM
Del Mar

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockHardTen1985 View Post
Plus that almost impossible bank shot. Look bottom line is, these playoffs have been nutty. Who though the Thunder had a shot after going down 0-2 to the Spurs? I was scared after Game 1. Now I feel like MIAMI CAN EASILY WIN 2/3 AND BE UP 3-2. We shall see.
The heat have led in this series for nearly 7 of 8 quarters. If they continue to defend the way they did for much of tonight, they have a good shot.

I was wondering why okc didn't go really small and throw a lineup of harden, westbrook, ibaka, durant and sefalosha. Ibaka has improved more than any player on that team year over year. It would seem they could do more with him.

How about lebron's post game?
Old 06-14-2012, 11:59 PM
Santa Anita

Quote:
In what world is Durant better? Give me Lebron for the next 4 years still. Durant has the better cast around him, and I think it makes him look better.
You are nuts if you think that.
Old 06-15-2012, 12:00 AM
Santa Anita

Quote:
Forget all this... Did you catch him in the interview with Stu Scott? He looks beyond uncomfortable. I never noticed, is he a little anti social?
No, not really. Maybe Stu's eye was throwing him off.
Old 06-15-2012, 12:02 AM
Del Mar

Quote:
I was thinking the same thing in regards to perkins. The matchups just don't work for him in this series.

Wouldn't okc be really good running the triangle? Their half court sets,especially with the talent they have, can get pretty stagnant for long stretches.
Old 06-15-2012, 12:07 AM
Del Mar

Quote:
I think Lebron is the more complete player right now and certainly better from the defensive end.

The scary thing about durant is he seems to keep getting better. As a scorer, he is probably better already and he still doesn't have a go to move or any semblance of a post game.
Old 06-15-2012, 12:31 AM
Sha Tin

I think I must have watched a different game.

Miami was fortunate that Brooks was slow to make the proper adjustments and Durant and Westbrook committed some bad fouls. OKC didnt rebound well at all and wasnt able to get points in transition until late.

IMO Miami played about as well as you could expect and was desperate to hang on.

Perkins needs to do a better job of rebounding, they cant let Miami outrebound them but the idea he played too much is puzzling. He played 19 minutes. Collison was a complete non-factor and Ibaka has to give them more on offense than 7 points and 4 reounds.

Derek Fisher was abysmal in 24 minutes. They should play Cook more as he is a far better shooter.

Miami made a lot of defensive adjustments. They took the dribble penetration away from Westbrook and Durant early in the game by doubling high and they also took away the pick and roll from Collison and Ibaka.

Harden kept them in the game in the 1st half but was very quiet in the 2nd.

On offense they posted James a lot while building the lead though they got stagnant in the 4th quarter and didnt attack the basket as well. Wade played well in the 1st half.

I'm sticking with OKC in 6
Old 06-15-2012, 12:38 AM
Sha Tin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cannon Shell View Post
Miami has to use Lebron in the post if they are going to guard him with Sefpaloha. The Heat get no low post scorng, none. They rarely even run a pick and roll.

I hate to overreact to one game but the only way Miami wins a game is if OKC has a bad shooting night or the refs just absolutely give them the game.
While I thought the refs called a pretty good game (outside of 2 big calls involving Durant late in the game) the foul trouble to Durant and to a lesser extent Westbrook played a big factor in this game. And Miami has continued to shoot a higher % than OKC from the floor, FT line and 3 pt line. That is unexpected. Harden, Westbrook and Durant all missed 2 Ft's.
Old 06-15-2012, 12:42 AM
Sha Tin

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalakhani View Post
I think Lebron is the more complete player right now and certainly better from the defensive end.

The scary thing about durant is he seems to keep getting better. As a scorer, he is probably better already and he still doesn't have a go to move or any semblance of a post game.
Durant is a far better shooter than James.
James has better court vision.

I dont think either is going to get much better than they are now.
Old 06-15-2012, 12:50 AM
Santa Anita

Quote:
Perkins needs to do a better job of rebounding, they cant let Miami outrebound them but the idea he played too much is puzzling. He played 19 minutes. Collison was a complete non-factor and Ibaka has to give them more on offense than 7 points and 4 reounds.
He played the very 19 minutes we couldn't score and couldn't stop Miami. Every time he was on the floor, the lead just grew and grew. Maybe you stepped out during those parts. 19 minutes is too much because he has no role against the Heat. He isn't a good rebounder, and he kills the Thunder offense against good teams. He is a low post defender, and they have no low post players. Even worse, he can't catch a pass to save his life. He has very small hands for a guy his size.

What happens is they put Lebron or Battier "guarding" Perkins, which translates to just roaming around and disrupting any semblance of an offense. I've watched every game, and it is the same every time we play a good team. We dig a hole while he fumbles the ball around, bricks up 3 footers, and clogs up the paint making it near impossible for Russ and KD to drive.
Old 06-15-2012, 02:44 AM
Del Mar

Quote:
Durant is a far better shooter than James.
James has better court vision.

I dont think either is going to get much better than they are now.
We will see. I think James has shown another dimension in these playoffs by playing in the lowblock. I don't remember ever seeing that from him.

Durant has plenty of room to improve. He doesn't have a go to move and he doesn't have a post game. Can you imagine what he could do with a turnaround or a hook?

I think James is a better ball handler, passer, defender and rebounder. Durant is a better scorer. Putting it that way doesn't give durant nearly his due. It's like calling dr Fager a one dimensional speedball. If I needed a score at the end of the game, durant is who I would want to have the ball.
Old 06-15-2012, 08:49 AM
Santa Anita

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalakhani View Post
We will see. I think James has shown another dimension in these playoffs by playing in the lowblock. I don't remember ever seeing that from him.

Durant has plenty of room to improve. He doesn't have a go to move and he doesn't have a post game. Can you imagine what he could do with a turnaround or a hook?

I think James is a better ball handler, passer, defender and rebounder. Durant is a better scorer. Putting it that way doesn't give durant nearly his due. It's like calling dr Fager a one dimensional speedball. If I needed a score at the end of the game, durant is who I would want to have the ball.
Actually, Durant does have a post game, he just doesn't use it often.
Old 06-15-2012, 09:11 AM
Super Moderator

Lebron has to be the best player in the NBA. He's led the regular season in +/- for four years in a row on two different teams.

2008-2009: James (CLE) +871 (tops in NBA by 178 points)

2009-2010: James (CLE) +650 (tops in NBA by 48 points)

2010-2011: James (MIA) +619 (tops in NBA by 4 points)

2011-2012: James (MIA) +474 (tops in NBA by 53 points)

Interestingly, James is almost never in the top 15 of that stat in the playoffs.
Old 06-15-2012, 10:59 AM
Flemington

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calzone Lord View Post
Lebron has to be the best player in the NBA. He's led the regular season in +/- for four years in a row on two different teams.

2008-2009: James (CLE) +871 (tops in NBA by 178 points)

2009-2010: James (CLE) +650 (tops in NBA by 48 points)

2010-2011: James (MIA) +619 (tops in NBA by 4 points)

2011-2012: James (MIA) +474 (tops in NBA by 53 points)

Interestingly, James is almost never in the top 15 of that stat in the playoffs.
Hes the best player in the NBA, by FAR. Listen to Collin this morning or podcast it. He will be the best player for another 4-5 years. Maybe when hes 32 he will slow down a bit.
Old 06-15-2012, 11:02 AM
Keeneland

Collin Cowherd said it so it must be true.
Old 06-15-2012, 11:04 AM
Santa Anita

If he were the best by far, they'd be a lock to repeat this year.
Old 06-15-2012, 11:17 AM
Flemington

Quote:
If he were the best by far, they'd be a lock to repeat this year.
So if your the best player in a team sport you have to win every year? Come on, you dont believe that. Does the best horse always win? Whos the best NFL player? Ill tell you right now, the Giants dont have a top 15 player.
Old 06-15-2012, 11:18 AM
Flemington

Quote:
Collin Cowherd said it so it must be true.
Collin is the best at his job, by far. A lot like Lebron.