Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Main Forum > The Paddock
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 04-16-2008, 01:15 PM
Fairgrounds

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scav
HELLO....Must be all the notes I sent Comcast from the HRTV website.

http://news.bloodhorse.com/viewstory.asp?id=44595
I sent them a ton too!!!!
Old 04-16-2008, 01:17 PM
Saratoga

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwkniska
I sent them a ton too!!!!
It is pretty awesome, I am real pumped about it because I like watching Arlington from home if I am feeling lazy. And I can't stand Arlington on Sundays with all these damn kids running around, especially if I want to watch the races from the apron.....

I am REAL excited about this summer, I can't wait
Old 04-16-2008, 01:26 PM
Fairgrounds

Quote:
Originally Posted by zippyneedsawin
sigh... from a DirecTV subscriber.. Maybe they'll get HRTV someday (fingers crossed )
Don't count on it......
From what I hear Rupert Murdoch is heavily involved in ownership of both Direct and TVG and therefore won't add HRTV.
It just makes me insane was going to get shut out of the Fairgrounds 35 minutes away.
So I finally broke down and installed Dish for the one channel, cost about 35.00 a month. Kept Direct because they have the most HD channels and better programming packages, although I have everything.
I absolutley HATE Dish Network their DVR is sooooooooo stupid and just a pain to set a program to record or check the caller ID. Direct is so much more user friendly.

I imagine Comcast was lobbied by Churchill that's what they did down here so that COX would carry HRTV and were successful but it didn't help me or anyone outside of New Orleans as the other cable providers don't carry it. Shoot there was a big to do about Charter(local cable on the northshore) carrying the Hornets, so if you had charter you couldn't watch the hornets. The whole thing is so proprietary it makes the subscribers just nuts.

As to HRTV I just love it, only watching TVG now because of Keeneland.
Race Day America in the mornings is great it's like the Today Show of Horseracing, news and trivia.
They give you trainers with entries, what the odds were when they show results.

All Directv subscribers really need to bombard them to add HRTV, I write and or call every week. Maybe we need to contact Rupert Murdoch.

OK back to Keeneland now that I had my hissy fit.....
Old 04-16-2008, 02:54 PM
Fairgrounds

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scav
It is pretty awesome, I am real pumped about it because I like watching Arlington from home if I am feeling lazy. And I can't stand Arlington on Sundays with all these damn kids running around, especially if I want to watch the races from the apron.....

I am REAL excited about this summer, I can't wait

The tracks I do the best with are AP and CD.... finally get to see them again on tv. I watch them most days to see if I can pick anything up for track biases. I normally don't go much on Sun's either, because I'd rather go on Saturday to see the better stakes races, but I agree that the apron is a very good place to watch them from.
Old 04-16-2008, 03:01 PM
Goodwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by FGFan
Don't count on it......
From what I hear Rupert Murdoch is heavily involved in ownership of both Direct and TVG and therefore won't add HRTV.
It just makes me insane was going to get shut out of the Fairgrounds 35 minutes away.
So I finally broke down and installed Dish for the one channel, cost about 35.00 a month. Kept Direct because they have the most HD channels and better programming packages, although I have everything.
I absolutley HATE Dish Network their DVR is sooooooooo stupid and just a pain to set a program to record or check the caller ID. Direct is so much more user friendly.

I imagine Comcast was lobbied by Churchill that's what they did down here so that COX would carry HRTV and were successful but it didn't help me or anyone outside of New Orleans as the other cable providers don't carry it. Shoot there was a big to do about Charter(local cable on the northshore) carrying the Hornets, so if you had charter you couldn't watch the hornets. The whole thing is so proprietary it makes the subscribers just nuts.

As to HRTV I just love it, only watching TVG now because of Keeneland.
Race Day America in the mornings is great it's like the Today Show of Horseracing, news and trivia.
They give you trainers with entries, what the odds were when they show results.

All Directv subscribers really need to bombard them to add HRTV, I write and or call every week. Maybe we need to contact Rupert Murdoch.

OK back to Keeneland now that I had my hissy fit.....
I've been on DirecTV for as long as HRTV has been around. Their CS people have no clue what the channel even is.

I can't seem to convince myself to slap another ugly dish on my house...
Old 04-16-2008, 03:57 PM
Fairgrounds

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigsmc
I've been on DirecTV for as long as HRTV has been around. Their CS people have no clue what the channel even is.
Ha, ha.....Yeah some are pretty clueless!
I call so much I guess I've found some of the sports CS people, even one girl was not aware all the tracks had changed to HRTV and said her husband was just going to have a fit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigsmc
I can't seem to convince myself to slap another ugly dish on my house...
It's worth it to me, I'm not as frustrated and know when CD starts up or AP I can watch them and of course my beloved FG, was nice having OP and GP this year too.
Plus HRTV really is that much better. They say some of the goofy stuff, but much better handicappers and people that are knowledgable as they are and always have been from the TBred arena.

But I'll never give up my Directv, there are so many more HD channels. I really wish they would just merge.

You won't regret adding another ugly dish. One good thing, actually the only good thing, with Dish is that one box will operate 2 TV's. So essentially I can have 3 different channels on between the inputs on my 65", the dish and direct.
Old 05-01-2008, 06:45 AM
Newmarket

It's here! channel 407 on my lineup.
as opposed to TVG which is now showing an infomercial for a cleaning product, hrtv is rebroadcasting a derby preview show which i can watch while getting ready for work.
nice.
Old 05-01-2008, 06:49 AM
Arlington Park

Sweet.
I just turned it on.
This is the best thing to hit this town since Devin Hester.
Old 05-01-2008, 06:52 AM
Saratoga

Quote:
Originally Posted by miraja2
Sweet.
I just turned it on.
This is the best thing to hit this town since Devin Hester.
It is pretty sweet, I was blazing up Austrailia last night while packing/capping/being hilarious