Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Main Forum > The Paddock
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 08-14-2006, 10:27 AM
5'8".. but all man!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr.fager
At the same time, I don't like the fact EC hasn't seem to been able to settle along the backstretch when JV has a firm hold on him....he overcame it in the United Nations but not in this field.

Nice thing is come 10/7 he'll have Ramzutti to do the dirty work for him...kind of ironic considering all the talk about BTN having a rabbit.

thats strange to me too Bill. He has shown that a little in his last couple races. Im trying to think back to last years races, but I swear I don't recall him being unwilling to settle like that.
Old 08-14-2006, 10:29 AM
Del Mar

Brings me to a question. English Channel and Ramzautti are owned by 2 different people so how can Pletcher sacrifice Ramazutti as a rabbit to benefit English Channel, a horse owned by somebody else? Why would the owner of Ramazutti wanna fry his horse so Pletcher and the other owner of Eng Channel can put cash in their pockets? Or do they work up some sort of deal and split the purse?

Its why I like to bet speed in turf races. If your horse is good enough he/she wins. Never has excuses like the other ones who depend on trips.
Old 08-14-2006, 10:29 AM
oracle80

Quote:
Originally Posted by GPK
thats strange to me too Bill. He has shown that a little in his last couple races. Im trying to think back to last years races, but I swear I don't recall him being unwilling to settle like that.
Man I ready to give up on this thread. Guys, he was being held off a pace that was slower than he works in the morning under wraps and you wanna know why he wouldnt settle? Man, I give up.
Old 08-14-2006, 10:32 AM
5'8".. but all man!

Quote:
Originally Posted by oracle80
Man I ready to give up on this thread. Guys, he was being held off a pace that was slower than he works in the morning under wraps and you wanna know why he wouldnt settle? Man, I give up.

Mike...he always was a little rank in the United Nations too and the pace there was not that slow. I understand him being rank on Sat....with that pace...yes. But he was rank in the UN when they went :47 and 1:11...

You don't need to "give up".....we aren't idiots and don't need to be talked down to.
Old 08-14-2006, 10:34 AM
oracle80

Quote:
Originally Posted by GPK
Mike...he always was a little rank in the United Nations too and the pace there was not that slow. I understand him being rank on Sat....with that pace...yes. But he was rank in the UN when they went :47 and 1:11...

You don't need to "give up".....we aren't idiots and don't need to be talked down to.
If you don't understand why a horse who is being held hard off a 1:15 pace wouldnt settle you arent members of mensa either!!
Old 08-14-2006, 10:36 AM
5'8".. but all man!

Quote:
If you don't understand why a horse who is being held hard off a 1:15 pace wouldnt settle you arent members of mensa either!!

I DO UNDERSTAND why he was being held hard on Saturday. I mean sh*t...youd have to hold me hard from wanting to run that slow....its the UN race that has me confused. I even mentioned it to Randall that day because we watched it together at Colonial Downs.
Old 08-14-2006, 10:38 AM
Del Mar

Unless we have a time machine, we arent going back to Sat for this race. Why dont we focus on today's races so we can all earn enough money to buy our ladies some BBQ chicken and ice cream. Okay?
Old 08-14-2006, 10:40 AM
5'8".. but all man!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gander
Unless we have a time machine, we arent going back to Sat for this race. Why dont we focus on today's races so we can all earn enough money to buy our ladies some BBQ chicken and ice cream. Okay?

F that....I got a big ass bag of M&M's heading to my house to have as I watch the races this afternoon..

GREAT card today at Toga
Old 08-14-2006, 10:44 AM
Santa Anita

Quote:
Originally Posted by GPK
Tim...I hardly call that a spanking. You could have put a decent $50-$75K claimer in front of them with those fractions and they wouldn't have caught him either. IMO...that race was nothing buts other jockeys letting Tin Man get away with slow fractions....plain and simple.
The Tin Man outfoxed the field. He should be #1 or 2 on the turf now.

As far as the PC, I'm a fan of Papi Chullo and I hope he wins. I'm not saying bet him.

Last edited by sumitas : 08-14-2006 at 10:48 AM.
Old 08-14-2006, 10:47 AM
eurobounce

Quote:
Oracle, you and I either agree with each other 100% of we are way way off. On this one I agree with you 100%. No horse is going to settle down and relax when they are running that slow. The dont even train that slow. And even if someone moved their horse in front of The Tin Man, The Tin Man would have grabbed the lead right back and then your horse and The Tin Man would have been fried. The race was void of speed and The Tin Man and Espinosa played it perfectly. Nothing that any horse could have done Saturday to beat The Tin Man by running their race. This race is a toss out when handicapping the races on Oct 7th.
Old 08-14-2006, 10:48 AM
5'8".. but all man!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumitas
The Tin Man outfoxed the field. He should be #1 or 2 on the turf now.
Espinoza outfoxed the field and the other jocks let him get away with murder. I said it before...you could have put a good $75K claimer in the same spot and he would have had enough left in the tank after going that slow to hold them off. Just a brilliant job by the jock to take advantage of the others not wanting to put pressure on him.
Old 08-14-2006, 10:49 AM
5'8".. but all man!

Quote:
Originally Posted by eurobounce
Oracle, you and I either agree with each other 100% of we are way way off. On this one I agree with you 100%. No horse is going to settle down and relax when they are running that slow. The dont even train that slow. And even if someone moved their horse in front of The Tin Man, The Tin Man would have grabbed the lead right back and then your horse and The Tin Man would have been fried. The race was void of speed and The Tin Man and Espinosa played it perfectly. Nothing that any horse could have done Saturday to beat The Tin Man by running their race. This race is a toss out when handicapping the races on Oct 7th.

exactly....
Old 08-14-2006, 10:51 AM
Del Mar

Okay, we get it. We have until Oct 7th to worry about these 2 running against each other again. Between today and then the 3 or 4 of us on this thread will probably wager on over 1,000 races combined. So let it go.
Old 08-14-2006, 10:55 AM
eurobounce

Quote:
Okay, we get it. We have until Oct 7th to worry about these 2 running against each other again. Between today and then the 3 or 4 of us on this thread will probably wager on over 1,000 races combined. So let it go.
My wagering is done until Oct 7th. I have been so cold recently that it isnt even funny. Plus school just started and I got killed on school supplies. I had to buy a lap top for my oldest who is going to be a freshman. I looked at the required school supplies and a freaking lap top was on the list. I was like--you have to be kidding me.
Old 08-14-2006, 10:56 AM
Atlantic City Race Course

Quote:
Like I said, if there is a rematch and you wanna go heads up against either lemme know. hes a very good horse who got very lucky.
This looked like an European type pace...only I don't recall so many of those so-called great turf horses coming home as fast as the Tin Man. I agree with Oracle that the slow pace doomed anyone behind The Tin Man but his final quarter was still pretty damn amazing and I think it's grossly unfair to say a claimer could have won even with that pace...again, 22 and change for the final quarter equates to "real racehorse" talent regardless of the early fractions. Obviously the course was playing fast, but saw what you will, The Tin Man demonstrated that he continues to be a threat in any race...although I suspect he'll see more rabbits from here on out than could be produced by Bugs Bunny attending a three day orgy!
Old 08-14-2006, 10:59 AM
Del Mar

Let me ask again, how Ramzutti could be used as the sacrificial lamb for English Channel when they are owned by 2 different people?

Why would the owner care to help out English Channel on Oct 7th?
Old 08-14-2006, 11:01 AM
5'8".. but all man!

Quote:
My wagering is done until Oct 7th. I have been so cold recently that it isnt even funny. Plus school just started and I got killed on school supplies. I had to buy a lap top for my oldest who is going to be a freshman. I looked at the required school supplies and a freaking lap top was on the list. I was like--you have to be kidding me.

a freaking Laptop...REQUIRED?!?!?! holy crap....thats...wow...
Old 08-14-2006, 11:02 AM
eurobounce

Quote:
Let me ask again, how Ramzutti could be used as the sacrificial lamb for English Channel when they are owned by 2 different people?

Why would the owner care to help out English Channel on Oct 7th?
I am sure all parties involved have a deal worked out amongst the three of them.
Old 08-14-2006, 11:04 AM
eurobounce

Quote:
Originally Posted by GPK
a freaking Laptop...REQUIRED?!?!?! holy crap....thats...wow...
Yes, I was pissed. It cost $499. They worked out some sort of agreement with Dell. And the financially challenged students got help from Dell and some other organizations.
Old 08-14-2006, 11:06 AM
5'8".. but all man!

Quote:
Yes, I was pissed. It cost $499. They worked out some sort of agreement with Dell. And the financially challenged students got help from Dell and some other organizations.
I'd have to put my finacially challenged foot up the schoolboards ass...

what state do you live in?