Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Main Forum > Trip Notes
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 07-15-2012, 07:09 AM
The Curragh

Default Channel Quest

From yesterday's 5th at Monmouth (7-14).
First off, I must say I have no idea if this horse can actually run or not, he hasn't proven that (to me) one way or the other.
Now to the race, on paper, he certainly appeared to be controlling speed, but when the gates opened, not only didn't he break particularly well, but Paco Lopez and Carmouche had both decided to change tactics on their mounts, the 1 and 2. So right off the bat, he gets caught 3 wide on the 1st turn, and ends up very close to a quick 46 and change half. So he's got that going against him. He ends up "settling" in what would have been an ok spot had he not been fairly hard used early to get there. A bunch of traffic on the far turn, early stretch, then the fade to 5th. This was also his 1st start in 6 months, so he may have been a bit short to begin with.
I would give him another shot next time at what should be double digit odds, depending on where he shows up and against whom.
Old 08-15-2012, 03:05 PM
The Curragh

Returns tomorrow, weather permitting at Monmouth, race 7. 8-1 ML.
Old 08-16-2012, 05:28 PM
5'8".. but all man!

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfer View Post
From yesterday's 5th at Monmouth (7-14).
First off, I must say I have no idea if this horse can actually run or not, he hasn't proven that (to me) one way or the other.
Now to the race, on paper, he certainly appeared to be controlling speed, but when the gates opened, not only didn't he break particularly well, but Paco Lopez and Carmouche had both decided to change tactics on their mounts, the 1 and 2. So right off the bat, he gets caught 3 wide on the 1st turn, and ends up very close to a quick 46 and change half. So he's got that going against him. He ends up "settling" in what would have been an ok spot had he not been fairly hard used early to get there. A bunch of traffic on the far turn, early stretch, then the fade to 5th. This was also his 1st start in 6 months, so he may have been a bit short to begin with.
I would give him another shot next time at what should be double digit odds, depending on where he shows up and against whom.
5/2 with 15mtp
Old 08-16-2012, 05:34 PM
The Curragh

Quote:
Originally Posted by GPK View Post
5/2 with 15mtp
He wasn't bet in the Double, that's paying $223. That's what I'm alive to, I have nothing to do with the win $ pouring in
Old 08-16-2012, 05:40 PM
5'8".. but all man!

Quote:
He wasn't bet in the Double, that's paying $223. That's what I'm alive to, I have nothing to do with the win $ pouring in
Musta been Hossy's $30
Old 08-16-2012, 05:50 PM
The Curragh

2nd REALLY SUCKS. I thought I was watching a dog race the first 100 yards, with all the bumping. Then he gets bumped again top of the stretch...
Old 08-31-2012, 03:07 PM
Oriental Park

Running again in about 10 minutes.
Old 08-31-2012, 03:20 PM
The Curragh

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3kings View Post
Running again in about 10 minutes.
Ran well last time, with a fair trip, fits with these on paper. I bet him, for what it's worth.
Old 08-31-2012, 03:38 PM
The Curragh

Chances are he'll never get a great trip with Mayzonett riding, but $13 is a fair payoff for those who were PATIENT!
Old 08-31-2012, 03:43 PM
Oriental Park

Quote:
Chances are he'll never get a great trip with Mayzonett riding, but $13 is a fair payoff for those who were PATIENT!
Thanks for the original thread. I caught him today and cashed on backwheel last time.