=;>

If you need help with Petey....

....why you let me know.

Petey Planting is my specialty.
Old 06-07-2007, 04:55 PM
Havre de Grace

Quote:
Originally Posted by somerfrost
According to the news conference, she is credited with serving 5 days and her sentence was revised to the original 45 days meaning she wears an ankle bracelet for 40 days under house arrest. This is what should have happened in the first place instead of upsetting the entire prison, staff and inmates. I know folks want their pound of flesh but the people most effected by this sort of media circus are the folks working hard to make a living. The rumor is that she developed some sort of rash making it medically prudent to release her (not to mention avoiding the probable law suit). This is one of those subjects that upset a lot of folks but frankly there are much more blatant examples of unfairness in the criminal justice system.
Pretty much agree with you,Somer,although the judge should've given her 1000 hrs of community service. At least the public would be served in some way. Face it..this poodle has no idea what "real life" is....and probably never will.
Old 06-07-2007, 05:04 PM
Arlington Park

Quote:
According to the news conference, she is credited with serving 5 days and her sentence was revised to the original 45 days meaning she wears an ankle bracelet for 40 days under house arrest. This is what should have happened in the first place instead of upsetting the entire prison, staff and inmates. I know folks want their pound of flesh but the people most effected by this sort of media circus are the folks working hard to make a living. The rumor is that she developed some sort of rash making it medically prudent to release her (not to mention avoiding the probable law suit). This is one of those subjects that upset a lot of folks but frankly there are much more blatant examples of unfairness in the criminal justice system.
I'm no expert on prisons (though I know a little about jails in Port Aransas, TX and Fayeteville, NC) but don't prisons have hospital sections? At least some of them?

I see what you're saying but I don't buy that it's anything other than money and politics here. But it's L.A. and OJ and Robert Blake are still walking around.

Hell, Kevorkian is half dead from cancer and they kept him in. Imagine him getting released early.
Old 06-07-2007, 05:09 PM
Monmouth Park

Quote:
Who says there is nothing new? LOL! Seriously though, what is the difference...5 days or 20 days? She either learns a lesson or not...it amazes me how angry folks get over something like this yet there are probably still innocent folks on death row. It's hardly news that the rich and powerful get the benefit of same when facing "justice"...Hurricane Carter rotted in jail while William Zanzinger got six months for cold blooded murder cause he felt like it!
I think whats more amazing that we waste our time on an individual like this and others who have no bearing on our everday lives.Shows us what society feels is important and vital to our lives.
Old 06-07-2007, 05:51 PM
Newmarket

Quote:
Who says there is nothing new? LOL! Seriously though, what is the difference...5 days or 20 days? She either learns a lesson or not...it amazes me how angry folks get over something like this yet there are probably still innocent folks on death row. It's hardly news that the rich and powerful get the benefit of same when facing "justice"...Hurricane Carter rotted in jail while William Zanzinger got six months for cold blooded murder cause he felt like it!
I'm thinking if you're in jail for the first time there is a big difference between 5 and 20 days. I don't like that the sentence got changed for a bogus reason like a rash. I'm just guessing but I would bet that she is not the first to get a rash in that jail but is most likely the first to have her sentence modified because of it.
Whether or not the sentence was correct she should have had to serve it. just because you feel that there are other more severe injustices doesn't make this one ok. with that type of thinking you will end up excusing all kinds of things.
she has already demonstrated that she doesn't get it.
Old 06-07-2007, 06:21 PM
Atlantic City Race Course

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArlJim78
I'm thinking if you're in jail for the first time there is a big difference between 5 and 20 days. I don't like that the sentence got changed for a bogus reason like a rash. I'm just guessing but I would bet that she is not the first to get a rash in that jail but is most likely the first to have her sentence modified because of it.
Whether or not the sentence was correct she should have had to serve it. just because you feel that there are other more severe injustices doesn't make this one ok. with that type of thinking you will end up excusing all kinds of things.
she has already demonstrated that she doesn't get it.

I'm simply saying that this is a small fish in a big (ocean-sized) pond. I worked 10 years in a prison and I can assure you that the staff are very very happy she's gone...not because of her but because of the media. Yes, almost all facilities have a hospital section but there are security issues and...frankly, I doubt a rash would merit placement there. Very few folks serve their entire sentence today...simply not enough room. I'd much rather see Paris sitting in her mansion wearing her ankle bracelet than Joe Sixpack who gets loaded and beats his wife and kids half to death every night back on the street. In a perfect world, EVERYONE would be treated the same but that's not what we have...as I said in an earlier post, I get a lot more worked up when Hurricane Carter sits and rots while cold-blooded killers like William Zanzinger walk away laughing!
Old 06-07-2007, 07:07 PM
Dee Tee Stables

if two wrongs don't make a right, i don't see how using another instance of unfair/special treatment somehow excuses this instance.

if the judge had no intention of paris contributing to jail overcrowding, then i don't see why she was sentenced, if said sentence was never going to be served. community service in this instance (and in many others) would have been the right punishment.

if the jail and the staff can't handle having a 'celebrity' then it's a crying shame, since that pretty much means no one with any kind of name need every worry about being jailed. after all, it might be difficult. i find that ridiculous.
now it's not a rash, it was a possible nervous breakdown.

gimme a break--had paris actually had to serve the sentence, it might have gone a long way towards maturing her-since nothing in her life to date has done so.

all are created equal, but some are more equal than others. how true that still seems to be.
Old 06-07-2007, 07:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danzig
if two wrongs don't make a right, i don't see how using another instance of unfair/special treatment somehow excuses this instance.

if the judge had no intention of paris contributing to jail overcrowding, then i don't see why she was sentenced, if said sentence was never going to be served. community service in this instance (and in many others) would have been the right punishment.

if the jail and the staff can't handle having a 'celebrity' then it's a crying shame, since that pretty much means no one with any kind of name need every worry about being jailed. after all, it might be difficult. i find that ridiculous.
now it's not a rash, it was a possible nervous breakdown.

gimme a break--had paris actually had to serve the sentence, it might have gone a long way towards maturing her-since nothing in her life to date has done so.

all are created equal, but some are more equal than others. how true that still seems to be.

Nobody has tried to excuse this incident, I'm merely pointing out that there are far bigger miscarriages of justice to get angry about yet folks focus on something like this...makes me wonder if it's about justice or something else. Of course the correctional staff CAN handle Paris or any other inmate, my point is that they are quite happy to lose the headache as they are the ones most effected by the media circus. I don't know if you've ever been inside a prison but when you walk through those metal gates and they slam shut behind you for the first time...well, I've seen grown men break down and cry. Five days or twenty days...being there, the realization that you are no longer free but your very life and all aspects of same are suddenly controlled by strangers is the point...some learn and some don't but anything she can learn in 20 days, she can learn in 5! It amuses me that people talk about "teaching her a lesson"...prisons aren't designed to teach, they punish...they should focus more on education, therapy and skill training but they don't. The punishment is the loss of freedom, if you learn by the experience...that's you not the system making the change. We confuse vengeance with justice, and somehow it makes us feel better when someone that we perceive as "having it easy" falls from grace...frankly, that says more about us and our misconceptualized concepts of "justice" than anything else.
Old 06-07-2007, 07:53 PM
Arlington Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaTH716
The rash stemmed from having to wear underwear in prison.
LMAO!!!!! I like that one!
Old 06-07-2007, 08:02 PM
Hippodrome Bluebonnets

Default 3 freakin days!

That makes me sick, what did she do, bribe &or Screw the entire justice system? It sure sounds like it! If it was just average Joe, or Jane, we'd have done the original full sentence, and then some! Guess we know what talks, while justice gets spit on!
Old 06-07-2007, 08:07 PM
Hippodrome Bluebonnets

Default On MSNBC.....

Right now, they're saying the City Attorney is saying Paris is going back to jail, and the Sheriff had no right releasing her!
Old 06-07-2007, 08:08 PM
Arlington Park

If I'm ever arrested, can I stay at Paris' house??????
Old 06-07-2007, 08:10 PM
Arlington Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by mortimerdexterfoxworthy
What?...so you can tarnish her!?

RileyORiley.

It's a short story.
Hey! Maybe I'd like to be tarnished!

And I'm not short.
Old 06-07-2007, 09:02 PM
Thistley Downs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rileyoriley
Hey! Maybe I'd like to be tarnished!

And I'm not short.

Do you realize you have just invited Dracula into your house?

The Drugster is the internet equivalent of Dino Velvet fer cripes sakes!
Old 06-07-2007, 09:16 PM
Newmarket

Quote:
I'm simply saying that this is a small fish in a big (ocean-sized) pond. I worked 10 years in a prison and I can assure you that the staff are very very happy she's gone...not because of her but because of the media. Yes, almost all facilities have a hospital section but there are security issues and...frankly, I doubt a rash would merit placement there. Very few folks serve their entire sentence today...simply not enough room. I'd much rather see Paris sitting in her mansion wearing her ankle bracelet than Joe Sixpack who gets loaded and beats his wife and kids half to death every night back on the street. In a perfect world, EVERYONE would be treated the same but that's not what we have...as I said in an earlier post, I get a lot more worked up when Hurricane Carter sits and rots while cold-blooded killers like William Zanzinger walk away laughing!
the issue isn't finding the solution that makes the prison staff happy.
she skated lightly and its not fair. Also the choice isn't either/or, either this guy you refer to that beats his wife and kids half to death every night, OR Paris Hilton. There is room for both I'm sure. I just think its a bad example if when a celebrity is given time that we have to consider the media and their mental health etc.
Old 06-07-2007, 09:23 PM
Arlington Park

[quote=mortimerdexterfoxworthy]Do you realize you have just invited Dracula into your house?

Drugs is Bela Lugosi???????

I thought he was dead.
Old 06-07-2007, 09:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArlJim78
the issue isn't finding the solution that makes the prison staff happy.
she skated lightly and its not fair. Also the choice isn't either/or, either this guy you refer to that beats his wife and kids half to death every night, OR Paris Hilton. There is room for both I'm sure. I just think its a bad example if when a celebrity is given time that we have to consider the media and their mental health etc.

Quit putting words in my mouth, I never said the object is making prison staff's job easier, just that the media circus makes their jobs 100x harder! There is no harder job around than correctional officer...they are fully capable of handling any situation and aren't asking for any consideration...that doesn't change the fact that this freak show is making their job harder! When you work in a prison you are required to consider EVERY inmate's mental health as well as physical safety..."care, custody and control"! Inmates get shortened sentences every day for a variety of reasons. Lots of folks here doing a lot of talking with zero knowledge of the field...
Old 06-07-2007, 09:43 PM
Thistley Downs

[quote=Rileyoriley]
Quote:
Originally Posted by mortimerdexterfoxworthy
Do you realize you have just invited Dracula into your house?

Drugs is Bela Lugosi???????

I thought he was dead.

But Dino Velvet is not!!
Old 06-08-2007, 02:20 PM
Hialeah Park

Back to the slammer.

"It's not fair!!!"

"Mom!"

sob, sob, sob...........

----P H
Old 06-08-2007, 02:25 PM
Newmarket

this is hysterical!

banner headline on MSNBC - PARIS HILTON BACK TO JAIL - TAKEN FROM COURT SCREAMING.