Old 07-15-2007, 10:37 AM
Keeneland

Quote:
Originally Posted by AeWingnut
Went back and tried again
worked fine

no idea what I did wrong last time
Great - I was about to offer to send them to you as attachments
"Have the clean racing people run any ads explaining that giving a horse a Starbucks and a chocolate poppyseed muffin for breakfast would likely result in a ten year suspension for the trainer?" - Dr. Andrew Roberts
Old 07-15-2007, 11:01 AM
Flemington

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riot
I couldn't believe that your flights didn't work out, and you couldn't get to Arlington! The disappointment in your voice when I called you was palpable

Will most likely be at Saratoga sometime, either later this month, or maybe just for the weekend Sumwon may run. I may give up on trying to arrange flights, and simply drive a day - to ensure I get there.

I don't know what's happening after Saratoga, but imagine what happens if the Dee Tee partners hit New Orleans as a group!
I've done the drive from Lexington to NY. I think I left at 3:30 in the morning and arrived in Albany a little after 5 that night, which included a lot of bathroom breaks. Can't say it was the best day of my life, but it was doable. I hope you make it here!
Old 07-15-2007, 11:06 AM
Sha Tin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sightseek
I've done the drive from Lexington to NY. I think I left at 3:30 in the morning and arrived in Albany a little after 5 that night, which included a lot of bathroom breaks. Can't say it was the best day of my life, but it was doable. I hope you make it here!
I have made the trip from CD to Sar in a little more than 12 hourse though I rarely stop and had a lot of luck with traffic. Usually around 14 hours.
Old 07-15-2007, 11:27 AM
Gulfstream Park

Great pics...and an awesome facility! I've never been there & I've got to make it there next time in Chicago!

http://<b>http://www.facebook.com/pr...ef=profile</b>
Old 07-15-2007, 01:18 PM
Keeneland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cannon Shell
I have made the trip from CD to Sar in a little more than 12 hourse though I rarely stop and had a lot of luck with traffic. Usually around 14 hours.
Yes, I'm thinking a good 12 hours to Albany. I can't get up at 3:30am like Sightseek, however, even 'though I love driving. Main problem is farming out the dogs for the week so I can get away.

Hey, Chuck - could I rent a stall in your barn at CD for a week? Just have TC trot and slow gallop them about 2 miles a day, then have them breeze a hard three furlongs about every fifth day for their speed work
"Have the clean racing people run any ads explaining that giving a horse a Starbucks and a chocolate poppyseed muffin for breakfast would likely result in a ten year suspension for the trainer?" - Dr. Andrew Roberts
Old 07-15-2007, 01:57 PM
Flemington

Quote:
Yes, I'm thinking a good 12 hours to Albany. I can't get up at 3:30am like Sightseek, however, even 'though I love driving. Main problem is farming out the dogs for the week so I can get away.

Hey, Chuck - could I rent a stall in your barn at CD for a week? Just have TC trot and slow gallop them about 2 miles a day, then have them breeze a hard three furlongs about every fifth day for their speed work
If you stay through the 6th or 7th you should head over to the F&T grounds after racing for the yearling sale, which starts at 7. Coincidentially this is my favorite weekend because it is a little less crowded, the yearling sale is going on and on Monday morning you can attend the Hall of Fame induction.
Old 07-15-2007, 02:26 PM
Arlington Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by Storm Cadet
Great pics...and an awesome facility! I've never been there & I've got to make it there next time in Chicago!
i hate to admit this, i didn't want to make the chicago trip. NO offense to the chicago gang. it just didn't thrill me but i'm GLAD we went! AP was a beautiful facility! not sure what i expected.
we'll gladly come back.

one of the best things of the trip was seeing how proud the chicago gang was to show off "their backyard" and that so many partners and DTers came to see them at their home track.
THANKS to ALL you guys for the hospitality and the help planning the trip.
THANKS to steve, chuck, willie and Sumwon for another GREAT thrill!

it was nice seeing some for the second time and meeting others for the first time. we are looking for to Sumwon's next race and meeting more partners and DTers where ever it may be!
Old 07-15-2007, 02:36 PM
Sha Tin

Quote:

If you can sneak them past security, no problem. They will fit right in with some of my other dogs
Old 07-15-2007, 05:10 PM
Keeneland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cannon Shell
If you can sneak them past security, no problem. They will fit right in with some of my other dogs
They are fairly skinny if you lay them sideways, I could stack a few of 'em in the trunk.

Do the Chihuahuas get a weight break running against the Borzoi? I will give them a 1/2 mile head start.

Scavs would bet on this, you know - give me some odds, Scav!
Old 07-15-2007, 09:42 PM
Newmarket

Great pictures!

http://www.hickoryhillhoff.blogspot.com/
Old 07-16-2007, 04:01 PM
Keeneland

Hey, received the stretch run photo from Arlington today in the mail - looks good, of course
Old 07-16-2007, 04:12 PM
Atlantic City Race Course

Quote:
Hey, received the stretch run photo from Arlington today in the mail - looks good, of course
saving my money for pics of the race she wins
Old 07-16-2007, 04:28 PM
Saratoga

Quote:
How much they charge you?
Old 07-16-2007, 04:31 PM
Arlington Park

Quote:
ours came today too. it's the first i'd saw what you guys picked out. great picture other than #6 closing.
Old 07-16-2007, 04:31 PM
Keeneland

I forget ... $18 or $20 or something? Anybody else here recall?

I sure appreciate that they mailed the photos immediately, as promised.

I'll not bother to ever order anything from KEE, apparently that photographer doesn't need to make money
Old 07-16-2007, 04:33 PM
Keeneland

Quote:
one of the best things of the trip was seeing how proud the chicago gang was to show off "their backyard" and that so many partners and DTers came to see them at their home track.
You know, that is so true - they really wanted everyone to enjoy beautiful Arlington, and have a great time. Thanks, guys!
Old 07-16-2007, 04:33 PM
Arlington Park

$21 including shipping?