Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Triple Crown Topics/Archive..
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 05-06-2011, 12:54 PM
Atlantic City Race Course

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dahoss View Post
You're defending him for the sake of defending him. So far your defense is Pletcher is bad too (although he's the one that told him he shouldn't run) and at least he isn't Danthebluegrassman.

It's okay to admit he acted like a douche all week.
I said the whole leadup was beyond retarded. I don't know what else you want me to say. Should they have not entered in the first place? I have no idea.
Old 05-06-2011, 12:56 PM
Idlewild Airport

Quote:
Originally Posted by slotdirt View Post
I said the whole leadup was beyond retarded. I don't know what else you want me to say. Should they have not entered in the first place? I have no idea.
Old 05-06-2011, 01:02 PM
Sha Tin

Quote:
Originally Posted by slotdirt View Post
Find me a bazillionaire without an ego, particularly one involved in competitive enterprises.
FreddyMo
Old 05-06-2011, 01:06 PM
Belmont Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cannon Shell View Post
FreddyMo

I am too big of an idiot to have billion and or an ego
Old 05-06-2011, 01:09 PM
Sha Tin

Are people left that remember that the Derby didn't always have a 20 horse field? That actually having a chance to win meant something, at least to established trainers and owners? That making the field doesn't actually "qualify" you for the race?

I have little sympathy for the connections of the horses that don't get in. It is the same as the bubble in the NCAA tourney. It may be a nice story but those teams/horses really have no chance anyway.
Old 05-06-2011, 01:10 PM
Idlewild Airport

Should be 14.
Old 05-06-2011, 01:10 PM
Sha Tin

Quote:
Originally Posted by freddymo View Post
I am too big of an idiot to have billion and or an ego
You have to be close to a billion by now. I know you are ego-less.
Old 05-06-2011, 01:12 PM
Fairgrounds

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travis Stone View Post
I had this same conversation this morning with a friend...

It's a fine line, right? He didn't break any rules, and he effectively eliminated one more horse his other horse has to beat (not that it helps, but you know what I'm saying). On the other hand, there is the sportsmanship component and the "for the good of the game" ... but in black/white, they did nothing wrong.

It's sort of like when the golfers in the US Open fired their drives over another hole to hit the green in one. That night, tournament officials planted a tree off the tee so they couldn't do it, and forced them to use the dogleg/fairway.

Part of me has a hard time pointing fingers at someone who does everything within the rules, the other part of me thinks Sway Away deserves a chance, and the final part of me realizes the handle significance of the move. The answer is somewhere in the middle.
I think your're talking about Fuzzy Zoeller years ago he did that at the US Open.
Old 05-06-2011, 01:18 PM
Belmont Park

Quote:
Are people left that remember that the Derby didn't always have a 20 horse field? That actually having a chance to win meant something, at least to established trainers and owners? That making the field doesn't actually "qualify" you for the race?

I have little sympathy for the connections of the horses that don't get in. It is the same as the bubble in the NCAA tourney. It may be a nice story but those teams/horses really have no chance anyway.
Becareful Chuck Hopefully one day you have one and you get in when someone is gracious an scratches..
Old 05-06-2011, 04:21 PM
Flemington

Oh come on you guys --- Repole saying "I will NOT be making him (Stay Thirsty) the favorite. I repeat I will NOT be making him the favorite" was hilarious!
Old 05-06-2011, 05:18 PM
Sha Tin

Quote:
Originally Posted by freddymo View Post
Becareful Chuck Hopefully one day you have one and you get in when someone is gracious an scratches..
They do you a favor when they exclude your horse. The only thing I would regret is that I wasn't able to sell the horse for some huge price and let some other dope sweat out getting in to run 17th.
Old 05-06-2011, 05:27 PM
Belmont Park

Quote:
They do you a favor when they exclude your horse. The only thing I would regret is that I wasn't able to sell the horse for some huge price and let some other dope sweat out getting in to run 17th.

I would take a shot with any decent colt this year.. These are bad horses.. How many would the Ky Oaks Rachel win this race by? If you had a 90ish BSF plug you would go into this race with a punchers chance. Yea I get selling in advance to some need to be but that isnt the point of Repole not scratching in advance with acolt that they knew was KAKA for 6 months