R8: 1-3

R9: 1,6

R10: 1-3,5

$108.00
Old 08-23-2020, 11:35 AM
Keeneland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dahoss View Post
Our Destiny got the aggressive ride I hoped for, wiring the first paying $21 and $8.40. Duopoly won impressively again, taking it to them early and late, paying $7.70 and $4.10

Meet totals
$216 wagered
$193.80 returned

Day 28
Best bet- Race 8- #2 Growth Engine- ran well here last summer. Won his prep in fine fashion in Jersey last time and should get plenty of pace to run at.

Longshot- Race 9- #7 Valid Point- it’s worth watching a replay of his last, if for no other reason, watching him have nowhere to go for nearly 3/4’s of the race is really something. I think the fact he shows up here is a very good sign. It’s not like Chad Brown didn’t already hold a strong hand and there were much easier spots he could’ve picked. I won’t pretend to think I can judge workouts, but I watched his workouts since getting to Saratoga and while he is a turf horse, outworked Peter Pan winner Country Grammar on dirt and looks like the rider is having a hard time holding him because he is so full of run. Has more speed than his stablemates early so should get first run and figures to be at least 10-1. Good enough for me.
Valid Point struggled, as did all of the Chad Brown horses in the Fourstardave. Growth Engine looked like he would win but struggled the final furlong finishing 3rd

Meet totals
$224 wagered
$193.80 returned

Day 29
Best bet- Race 7th- #3 Free Enterprise- I feel like he could possibly be speed of the speed if he’s sent. Considering some of the mind boggling rides we’ve seen from Castellano this meet that might be wishful thinking but ultimately I think he’s the best horse in the race.

Longshot- Race 8- #1 Call Me Love- she should be 5th choice in here and I think she has a very good shot at winning. I think the others have some question marks. Will Mean Mary be as effective shorter? Is Rushing Fall as effective at 9 furlongs? Is Sistercharlie of the last two back or is she ready to be a mom? Give me the price and the hottest combo at the meet
Old 08-26-2020, 08:05 AM
Keeneland

Quote:
Valid Point struggled, as did all of the Chad Brown horses in the Fourstardave. Growth Engine looked like he would win but struggled the final furlong finishing 3rd

Meet totals
$224 wagered
$193.80 returned

Day 29
Best bet- Race 7th- #3 Free Enterprise- I feel like he could possibly be speed of the speed if he’s sent. Considering some of the mind boggling rides we’ve seen from Castellano this meet that might be wishful thinking but ultimately I think he’s the best horse in the race.

Longshot- Race 8- #1 Call Me Love- she should be 5th choice in here and I think she has a very good shot at winning. I think the others have some question marks. Will Mean Mary be as effective shorter? Is Rushing Fall as effective at 9 furlongs? Is Sistercharlie of the last two back or is she ready to be a mom? Give me the price and the hottest combo at the meet
Call Me Love was awful. Free Enterprise was held off slow pace, made winning move up rail and rider in his back was outfinished by two stronger jocks.

Meet totals
$232 wagered
$193.80 returned

Day 30
Best bet- Race 2- #6 Impazible Donna- off for a long time but debut was strong and seems to be working well. Not much in here and like outside draw

Longshot- Race 8-#1 Atomic Blond- she projects to be 5th choice in here, is drawn well, working well and I like the trainer switch.
Old 08-26-2020, 03:33 PM
Fairgrounds

Quote:
Call Me Love was awful. Free Enterprise was held off slow pace, made winning move up rail and rider in his back was outfinished by two stronger jocks.

Meet totals
$232 wagered
$193.80 returned

Day 30
Best bet- Race 2- #6 Impazible Donna- off for a long time but debut was strong and seems to be working well. Not much in here and like outside draw

Longshot- Race 8-#1 Atomic Blond- she projects to be 5th choice in here, is drawn well, working well and I like the trainer switch.
I LOVE Atomic Blonde here!!
Old 08-27-2020, 11:15 AM
Keeneland

Quote:

Meet totals
$232 wagered
$193.80 returned

Day 30

Impazible Donna misses by a 1/2 length paying $3.80 to place. Atomic Blonde sat a good trip but had nothing late.

Meet totals
$240 wagered
$197.60 returned

Day 31
Best bet- Race 6-#3 Gone Glimmering- Stalks Glass Ceiling and wears that one down late

Longshot- Race 4- 1/1A entry- I see them as going off 4th betting choice at best and I think both have upside.

Last edited by Dahoss : 08-27-2020 at 11:53 AM.
Old 08-27-2020, 01:53 PM
Golden Gate

Quote:
Impazible Donna misses by a 1/2 length paying $3.80 to place. Atomic Blonde sat a good trip but had nothing late.

Meet totals
$240 wagered
$197.60 returned

Day 31
Best bet- Race 6-#3 Gone Glimmering- Stalks Glass Ceiling and wears that one down late

Longshot- Race 4- 1/1A entry- I see them as going off 4th betting choice at best and I think both have upside.
BUBBA CHUCK to da bank!!
Old 08-27-2020, 01:56 PM
Oriental Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by ONTHERAIL View Post
BUBBA CHUCK to da bank!!
As a Sixers fan, I’m rooting for that horse.
Old 08-27-2020, 02:00 PM
Keeneland

That was a fun beat
Old 08-27-2020, 03:11 PM
Arlington Park

That was a fun win.

Sweet hit.
Old 08-27-2020, 03:12 PM
Keeneland

Quote:
Originally Posted by hi_im_god View Post
That was a fun win.

Sweet hit.
Thanks. I’ll never complain about losing a photo again....until tomorrow.
Old 08-27-2020, 04:59 PM
Keeneland

Quote:

Meet totals
$240 wagered
$197.60 returned

Day 31

Entry got beat a nose paying $5.30 to place. Gone Glimmering somehow went off at 11-1 and scored, paying $25 and $10.40.

Meet totals
$248 wagered
$238.30

Assuming at least some off turf tomorrow. Back the am when have a better idea of which ones.
Old 08-28-2020, 10:11 AM
Keeneland

Day 32
Best bet- Race 4-#3 Southern Brigade- attracts Rosario, first off the claim for Sharp who won first off the claim yesterday, won last time, figures to get right trip, along in time

Longshot- Race 7- #4 Honey Won’t- has to be a hot pace with the 2,5,9. He’s the best closet and should be along in time at a fair price
Old 08-28-2020, 01:40 PM
Keeneland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dancer View Post
DaLoss;

"He's the best "CLOSET" ... CLASSIC FREUDIAN SLIP ... lol ... lol ... lol ... lol

Good One ... Pinocchio ...
Or “r” and “t” are next to each other and I fat fingered it.

I guess we can add homophobic to all of your other solid qualities though, huh?
Old 08-28-2020, 01:44 PM
Keeneland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dancer View Post
I understand that's not the only thing you "fat finger" ... Corkman ...

LMAO
No need to bring your wife into this
Old 08-29-2020, 08:42 AM
Keeneland

Quote:
Entry got beat a nose paying $5.30 to place. Gone Glimmering somehow went off at 11-1 and scored, paying $25 and $10.40.

Meet totals
$248 wagered
$238.30

Assuming at least some off turf tomorrow. Back the am when have a better idea of which ones.
Quote:
Day 32
Best bet- Race 4-#3 Southern Brigade- attracts Rosario, first off the claim for Sharp who won first off the claim yesterday, won last time, figures to get right trip, along in time

Longshot- Race 7- #4 Honey Won’t- has to be a hot pace with the 2,5,9. He’s the best closet and should be along in time at a fair price
Southern Brigade didn’t lift a hoof. Honey Won’t got the pace but ultimately wasn’t good enough.

Meet totals
$256 wagered
$238.30 returned

Day 33
Best bet-Race 11- #7 Midnight Surprise- think this one is stakes quality. Expecting another strong effort

Longshot- Race 5- #3 Love and Love- ignore the turf prep, should be a fair price
Old 08-29-2020, 09:45 AM
The Curragh

Quote:
Southern Brigade didn’t lift a hoof. Honey Won’t got the pace but ultimately wasn’t good enough.

Meet totals
$256 wagered
$238.30 returned

Day 33
Best bet-Race 11- #7 Midnight Surprise- think this one is stakes quality. Expecting another strong effort

Longshot- Race 5- #3 Love and Love- ignore the turf prep, should be a fair price
At first glance I thought that horse was an obvious include but the more I looked at the race I felt like it was wide open. Hats off to you to take a 2nd time starter in this one. Final time in the last has me skittish, 1:12? I know it says geared down, but that won’t win this race IMO. I will most likely use for coverage but might be the first to get axed when structuring tickets.
Old 08-29-2020, 09:54 AM
Keeneland

Quote:
Originally Posted by -BT- View Post
At first glance I thought that horse was an obvious include but the more I looked at the race I felt like it was wide open. Hats off to you to take a 2nd time starter in this one. Final time in the last has me skittish, 1:12? I know it says geared down, but that won’t win this race IMO. I will most likely use for coverage but might be the first to get axed when structuring tickets.
It’s a tough race and there were other horses I could’ve selected as a best bet (For example I love Funny Guy, but another tough race) but I just think there’s a lot of upside. Even the geared down comment is misleading because Irad was whipping just before he wrapped up. I’m hoping on improvement and banking on a big step forward
Old 08-29-2020, 12:17 PM
Randwyck

Good luck today. Both picks seem to have big chances
Old 08-29-2020, 12:30 PM
Turf Paradise

Quote:
It’s a tough race and there were other horses I could’ve selected as a best bet (For example I love Funny Guy, but another tough race) but I just think there’s a lot of upside. Even the geared down comment is misleading because Irad was whipping just before he wrapped up. I’m hoping on improvement and banking on a big step forward
Just wrote up my thoughts on the Forego. Maybe the most fascinating race from a pure capping standpoint I've looked at in a while. I also really like Funny Guy (although made Win Win Win my top pick) -- curious your take on the rest of the field in there if you have time.

Either way good luck and nice picking of late. Keep it rolling...I'm not huge on Midnight Surprise today but may try to find a way to include and will likely be betting Love and Love as well if the price is right today.
Old 08-30-2020, 09:59 AM
Keeneland

Quote:

Meet totals
$256 wagered
$238.30 returned

Day 33

Midnight Surprise was dreadful, never involved and Love and Love ran an okay 3rd

Meet totals
$264 wagered
$238.30 returned

Day 34
Best bet- Race 7- #1 Short Pour- had about 3 things go wrong in the first 1/4 last time. To her credit, she made a little wide move towards the lead nearing the stretch on a day where the 1st three finishers rode the rail. She was never near the rail. As long as she breaks, she takes them wire to wire.

Longshot- Race 10- #5 Sol Del Sur- hoping he got a lot out of his debut. Has to contend with the runner up last time again and Chad’s runner, as well as the rail horse who has plenty of turf pedigree, but if I’m right and he takes a step forward, can win at a solid price.