Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > "At the Races with Steve Byk"
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 05-02-2011, 11:20 AM
Steve Byk

Default ATR 5/2: Mig/Young; Privman/Welsch; Haskin/Johnny; White; Howard

ATR Day One of Derby Week raced by with Rich Migliore, Gary Young, Mike Welsch, Jay Privman, Steve Haskin, Johnny D., Jon White and Neil Howard...

Catch anything you missed re: Derby/Oaks preparations and Weekend Recap on Stream, Archive, Podcast or SiriusXM replay Tuesday 6-9a!

STREAM

9:00 Opening
9:15 Rich Migliore/Gary Young
9:30 "
9:45 "

10:00 Johnny D./ Steve Haskin
10:15 "
10:30 " (With Callers)
10:45 "

11:00 Jay Privman/Mike Welsch
11:20 Jon White
11:35 " (With Calls)
11:50 Neil Howard
Old 05-02-2011, 01:23 PM
Santa Anita

Great lineup as usual, Steve. How's Johnny D's voice doing? It sounded like he was doing a Nick Zito impression for a minute there.
Old 05-02-2011, 03:50 PM
Jerome Park

I know it made me keep trying to clear my throat
Old 05-02-2011, 05:38 PM
Steve Byk

Johnny in rough voice today, no doubt...

If anyone missed Monday, be sure to try and catch most or all. Mig & Young were particularly terrific evaluating the Sat-Mon works; Johnny & Steve on general Derby themes and Priv & Welsch funny and pointed in their pre-draw thoughts. Plus some calls, Jon White and a quick visit with Neil Howard.

Tuesday, Juddmonte's Garrett O'Roarke (Frankel), Horse Health Today with Dr. Allday, Equidaily's Seth Merrow, Paul's Mills' Ben Walden (Bellamy Road/Toby's Corner), and much more...
Old 05-02-2011, 05:41 PM
Saratoga

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kasept View Post
If anyone missed Monday, be sure to try and catch most or all. Mig & Young were particularly terrific evaluating the Sat-Mon works...
Did you see Santiva's work today? I listened and must have missed what your opinion was.

Last edited by Kasept : 05-02-2011 at 06:06 PM.
Old 05-02-2011, 05:51 PM
Del Mar

One of the few times I was able to catch a "live" Byk show. As I've said before, no sports show does a better job covering the lead up to a major sporting event like ATR for the Breeders Cup and Triple Crown.

A great pleasure sir.

Spyder
Old 05-02-2011, 05:57 PM
Gulfstream Park

Loved it too. Unfortunatly work got in the way in hour three right after "The Mike & Jay Show". Archive is cutting off before Jon White and Neil Howard. Could you have KC check on that please?
Old 05-02-2011, 06:09 PM
Steve Byk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scav View Post
Did you see Santiva's work today? I listened and must have missed what your opinion was.
Tom,

Santiva worked before I got there. Santiva had been laboring around the track daily, and Welsch thought he went better than anticipated, (as did Watch Me Go). Everyone seemed a bit stunned by Nehro's arduous spin.
Old 05-02-2011, 06:58 PM
Saratoga

Quote:
Tom,

Santiva worked before I got there. Santiva had been laboring around the track daily, and Welsch thought he went better than anticipated, (as did Watch Me Go). Everyone seemed a bit stunned by Nehro's arduous spin.
Thank you....
Old 05-02-2011, 08:35 PM
The Curragh

Quote:
Tom,

Nehro Looked like he was going really slow.

Amazing how easy Asmussen (a speed trainer) works his horse so slow.
Old 05-02-2011, 09:36 PM
Jerome Park

I finally figured out how to do Podcasts and I must say "THANK YOU Steve" for helping me get through my yucky 8-5 job. I found myself getting irritated when I would have to take my ear piece off to answer the phone .

As always, a great show and look forward to listening in, not only the rest of this week, but from now on
Old 05-03-2011, 12:12 PM
Steve Byk

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSpyder View Post
One of the few times I was able to catch a "live" Byk show. As I've said before, no sports show does a better job covering the lead up to a major sporting event like ATR for the Breeders Cup and Triple Crown.

A great pleasure sir.

Spyder
Thanks a lot Spydee.. Appreciate hearing that!
Old 05-03-2011, 12:16 PM
Steve Byk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arletta View Post
I finally figured out how to do Podcasts and I must say "THANK YOU Steve" for helping me get through my yucky 8-5 job. I found myself getting irritated when I would have to take my ear piece off to answer the phone .

As always, a great show and look forward to listening in, not only the rest of this week, but from now on
Glad it's working. A lot of people enjoy the show via podcast. Haven't checked in a while, but at one time there were more than 10,000 subscribers to them.
Old 05-03-2011, 12:19 PM
Idlewild Airport

The lead up to the Derby and BC really are awesome shows.
Old 05-03-2011, 12:25 PM
Steve Byk

Quote:
Originally Posted by randallscott35 View Post
The lead up to the Derby and BC really are awesome shows.
Thx Rand.. It's always intense and high energy, and everyone that visits on air brings their "A" games...