Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Esoteric Central
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 02-08-2007, 05:28 PM
The Curragh

Default Innocent Till Proven Guilty?

This is a topic that I have a very, very strong opinion of. Just now on the local news, I reached my breaking point if you will and thought I would share my point of view.

So this guy rear ends another vehicle on a local road here in Central Ohio. Just so happens that this vehilcle that he rear ended was driven by a Police Officer who was working undercover. Well, here is how it played out -

Breaking News logo flies up and then they pan to this camera shot of this individual who rear ended this truck in the back of a cruiser, obviously under arrest. The police suspect he was under the influence. Now, the problem I have is this -

Here is this man, in a country where people are supposed to be innocent till proven guilty, with his picture being shown to all those whom see it on the local news under arrest for a couple charges, none felonies, in the back of a police cruiser.

That is not right. I do not believe that people who are charged with crimes other then felonies should be subject to having their picture shown in the media. I don't think their names should be released either. I can understand felony charges, but misdeameanors?
Old 02-08-2007, 05:56 PM
top predator.

I totally agree...if he is just under arrest but has not been charged with anything (even if charges will be filed in the future) I don't think he should have his face on the news...very sketchy and unfair IMO
Old 02-08-2007, 06:01 PM
5'8".. but all man!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2MinsToPost
This is a topic that I have a very, very strong opinion of. Just now on the local news, I reached my breaking point if you will and thought I would share my point of view.

So this guy rear ends another vehicle on a local road here in Central Ohio. Just so happens that this vehilcle that he rear ended was driven by a Police Officer who was working undercover. Well, here is how it played out -

Breaking News logo flies up and then they pan to this camera shot of this individual who rear ended this truck in the back of a cruiser, obviously under arrest. The police suspect he was under the influence. Now, the problem I have is this -

Here is this man, in a country where people are supposed to be innocent till proven guilty, with his picture being shown to all those whom see it on the local news under arrest for a couple charges, none felonies, in the back of a police cruiser.

That is not right. I do not believe that people who are charged with crimes other then felonies should be subject to having their picture shown in the media. I don't think their names should be released either. I can understand felony charges, but misdeameanors?
CP, what channel??? I wanna see you on TV

LOL...I joke because I care.
Old 02-08-2007, 06:41 PM
The Curragh

Quote:
Originally Posted by T3B
CP, what channel??? I wanna see you on TV

LOL...I joke because I care.
Ball Buster
Old 02-08-2007, 06:44 PM
5'8".. but all man!

Quote:
Ball Buster

only because it is you, my friend.

You really need to make it to Toga opening weekend. Saratoga Harness simulcast was made for guys like you, Scavs and myself.
Old 02-08-2007, 06:49 PM
The Curragh

Quote:
Originally Posted by T3B
only because it is you, my friend.

You really need to make it to Toga opening weekend. Saratoga Harness simulcast was made for guys like you, Scavs and myself.
I am coming, just not sure what weekend yet. I am certain however that my Granny will be coming as well. I am bringing her for sure, she is CRAZY bout this stuff now. Can't wait.
Old 02-08-2007, 07:37 PM
Atlantic City Race Course

Quote:

Obviously I agree...but so often "innocent till proven guilty" depends on who's ox has been gored!