Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Main Forum > The Paddock
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 06-17-2010, 06:27 PM
Arlington Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rupert Pupkin View Post
Alright. Fair enough. I see your point. I partially agree. I agree that we would have a better idea as to exactly how good she is if she shipped more. But that doesn't mean I would ship her more if she was my horse. It would depend how she handles shipping. They acted like the trip to Arkansas did in fact tire her out quite a bit. The commentators said she looked like she has lost a little weight. Assuming that is the case, I probably wouldn't ship her again before the BC.
For all the talk of not liking the BC. This BC and in particular the BCC has the makings of the race of the decade, there's alot riding on this particular one, many reputations will be made or broken on one race. Perhaps unfairly so but it is what it is.
Old 06-17-2010, 06:35 PM
Sheepshead Bay

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSC View Post
For all the talk of not liking the BC. This BC and in particular the BCC has the makings of the race of the decade, there's alot riding on this particular one, many reputations will be made or broken on one race. Perhaps unfairly so but it is what it is.
Sucks that shes going to be judged on this one race right? Thats what happens when you coddle your horse and put all your eggs in one basket. Maybe if they tested her a little bit more this wouldn't of happened. Her rep is def going to be crushed after she gets beat.
Old 06-17-2010, 06:39 PM
Del Mar

Quote:
I agree. If all these horses (Quality Road, Zenyatta, Rail Trip, Rachel Alexandra, etc.) continue to stay sound and in good form, this could be the best BCC in years.
Old 06-17-2010, 06:42 PM
Del Mar

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgar311 View Post
Sucks that shes going to be judged on this one race right? Thats what happens when you coddle your horse and put all your eggs in one basket. Maybe if they tested her a little bit more this wouldn't of happened. Her rep is def going to be crushed after she gets beat.
What if Quality Road or Rachel win and Zenyatta runs 2nd? Will Zenyatta's reputation be crushed?
Old 06-17-2010, 06:50 PM
Oriental Park

Quote:
What if Quality Road or Rachel win and Zenyatta runs 2nd? Will Zenyatta's reputation be crushed?
No, but it ought to quell the "deification" that goes on in the press and might shed some much needed critical light on her win streak.

In other words, reality will set in.
Old 06-17-2010, 06:51 PM
Dee Tee Stables

Quote:
Yes, I read your post. As I said before, I totally disagree with you. If I owned Zenyatta, I would not be wanting to face Rail Trip at Hollywood in a 4 horse field with no pace.

With regard to your other comment, facing females in California is usually not a serious challenge for her although it has been a couple of times.

She won the Classic last year. She appears to be just as good on the dirt as on synthetic. She looks to be as good this year as last year. Why wouldn't she be one of the horses to beat in the Classic again this year?
because she'll be facing top dirt horses?
yes, she won at 10f on synthetic. she won two dirt races, both restricted, neither at 10f. she won't be taking on a turfer or a dirt horse on synthetic, but dirt horses on dirt. it's got to make a difference.
now, she'll still be a top choice-but the one to beat? i hope we get to see!
Old 06-17-2010, 06:52 PM
Sheepshead Bay

Quote:
Depends on her trip
Old 06-17-2010, 06:52 PM
Dee Tee Stables

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travis Stone View Post
I feel like it's gotten to the point where people don't even know what they're arguing about anymore.

I said the other day Zenyatta was great... but as dumb as this sounds, there are different types of great. A great day is when you win a Trifecta for $1k while a great day is when you hit the lottery.

Right now, Zenyatta is great... it's cool winning 17 races in a row, plus the Classic, no matter what surface and despite the really good trip. Been there done that. Give me something new. I've seen Zenyatta win the Hirsch, the Vanity... let me see her win the Hollywood Gold Cup, Pacific Classic... heck, I'd settle for the Delaware Handicap or the Personal Ensign.

As for great, everyone wants to talk about Personal Ensign, which is fine. But let's be real... neither Personal Ensign nor Zenyatta could go head-to-head with Ruffian, who was every bit of great a horse could be.
Old 06-17-2010, 07:11 PM
Sha Tin

Quote:
If you owned Zenyatta would you be looking to face Rail Trip in what would figure to be a paceless race (and probably a 4 horse field) at his favorite track? I certainly wouldn't.
If I owned Zenyatta (and was rich and didnt need the money) I would run her in the Beverly D.
Old 06-17-2010, 07:13 PM
Sha Tin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Round Pen View Post
THe Comments at the bottom of the Paulick Report are Hilarious last I Looked there were 80+ and counting
Paulicks site has surpassed PA in having the most morons posting
Old 06-17-2010, 07:15 PM
Arlington Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cannon Shell View Post
If I owned Zenyatta (and was rich and didnt need the money) I would run her in the Beverly D.
If they did something like that, and really took a big chance with her, I'd be rooting her home down the stretch as much as some of the biggest Zen-heads one could find. I bet a lot of people would, including those of us who try to bring some rational thought to her worshipers' worlds.
It would be really fun to see something like that....but alas.

Discussing this horse is like a drug. These threads go on and on and they are all the same, but I just can't seem to stay away even though I recognize how pointless they are.
Old 06-17-2010, 07:21 PM
Saratoga

Quote:
Originally Posted by miraja2 View Post
If they did something like that, and really took a big chance with her, I'd be rooting her home down the stretch as much as some of the biggest Zen-heads one could find. I bet a lot of people would, including those of us who try to bring some rational thought to her worshipers' worlds.
It would be really fun to see something like that....but alas.

Discussing this horse is like a drug. These threads go on and on and they are all the same, but I just can't seem to stay away even though I recognize how pointless they are.
I would be OUT OF MY MIND that day. Seriously.
Old 06-17-2010, 07:24 PM
Sha Tin

Quote:
There haven't been too many races of the decade this decade since it started 6 months ago.
Old 06-17-2010, 07:31 PM
Arlington Park

Quote:
There haven't been too many races of the decade this decade since it started 6 months ago.
True, but I seriously doubt anything in the next ten years will ever be able to top this year's Belmont Stakes. I think it already has the title locked up.
Old 06-17-2010, 07:34 PM
Del Mar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danzig View Post
because she'll be facing top dirt horses?
yes, she won at 10f on synthetic. she won two dirt races, both restricted, neither at 10f. she won't be taking on a turfer or a dirt horse on synthetic, but dirt horses on dirt. it's got to make a difference.
now, she'll still be a top choice-but the one to beat? i hope we get to see!
I didn't say she would be "the one to beat". I said she would be "one of the horses to beat".

10 furlongs will help her. She has a better chance of beating Quality Road at 10 furlongs than at 9 furlongs. I don't know anyone that would argue with that.
Old 06-17-2010, 08:02 PM
Fairgrounds

Default In defense of Steve

Let's see what Smooth Operator has to say about this comparison:
http://sports.espn.go.com/sports/hor...nda&id=5295105
Old 06-17-2010, 08:22 PM
Churchill Downs

You can keep the win streaks. I would rather remember a horse for races like these: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4FS0aimp4Y0
Old 06-17-2010, 08:30 PM
Oriental Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaTruth View Post
You can keep the win streaks. I would rather remember a horse for races like these: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4FS0aimp4Y0
In the Champion Stakes, Pebbles dusted Helen Street, the dam of Street Cry.

Means she was better than Zenyatta.
Old 06-17-2010, 08:32 PM
Arlington Park

Quote:
lol all in this order.
Old 06-17-2010, 08:36 PM
Arlington Park

Quote:
I agree. If all these horses (Quality Road, Zenyatta, Rail Trip, Rachel Alexandra, etc.) continue to stay sound and in good form, this could be the best BCC in years.
Add Blame, let's not forget Mine That Bird, everyone loves a former derby winner, and Godolphin and Tabor always send a horse or 2. Could be quite the field.