Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Main Forum > The Paddock
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 06-29-2008, 10:58 PM
Churchill Downs

Default Bernardini ?

Just curious of what everyone thinks of him, what is his place in history ?
I just watched replays of all of his races and he was a freak, and no shame at all with that loss to Invasor.
Old 06-29-2008, 11:02 PM
Churchill Downs

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaHoss9698
Seriously?
lolol
YES SIR
Old 06-29-2008, 11:05 PM
Coach Pants

Summon Kyrim
Old 06-30-2008, 12:32 PM
Churchill Downs

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaHoss9698
He made 8 starts. What kind of a place could he really have in history? He was a nice horse, but he is one of many from this era that it's hard to say because we didn't get to see enough of them on the track.
i think he was the best of the horses that we did not see enough of...but i do agree with what you say, what kind of place can he really have ? thats why i asked
Old 06-30-2008, 12:41 PM
Belmont Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcs11204
i think he was the best of the horses that we did not see enough of...but i do agree with what you say, what kind of place can he really have ? thats why i asked
Dude he isn't part of history..Other then being on Abe's list that is
Old 06-30-2008, 12:43 PM
Atlantic City Race Course

Quote:
Originally Posted by freddymo
Dude he isn't part of history..
Hurry Up JAVY saw to that.
Old 06-30-2008, 12:48 PM
Belmont Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_fat_man
I respect your opinion a lot and recognize you have a great deal of knowledge about racing but jockeys aren't typically as responsible for horses failures as horses. A nice colt ran a few very smart races.. I would have loved to watch the Preakness that day instead of being so upset. It might have been a great race, maybe like the two hanging on my wall from 89?
Old 06-30-2008, 12:54 PM
Arlington Park

Quote:
What is his place in history ?
In my opinion he was a pretty good colt who unfortunately is also a top contender in the "Most Overrated Horse of the Decade" category.
Old 06-30-2008, 05:59 PM
The Curragh

Quote:
He thought they were racing to the quarter pole. Just another over-confident ride by a jock that thinks they cant get beat no matter what.
Old 06-30-2008, 08:07 PM
Churchill Downs

Quote:
your wrong, javy appeared to be empty in that race, what was he supposed to do ? plus invasor backed that win up in giant way, coming back to win the dubai world cup and donn... no shame in that loss
Old 06-30-2008, 08:16 PM
Dee Tee Stables

Quote:
your wrong, javy appeared to be empty in that race, what was he supposed to do ? plus invasor backed that win up in giant way, coming back to win the dubai world cup and donn... no shame in that loss
bernardini ran his race that day. no need to make excuses for him, he just faced a better, older horse. he certainly wasn't empty, and the jock may have ridden him a bit overconfidently. other than that, it was just invasors day to come out on top.
Old 06-30-2008, 08:19 PM
Sha Tin

Is it possible for someone to put his pp's up?
Old 06-30-2008, 08:20 PM
Churchill Downs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danzig
bernardini ran his race that day. no need to make excuses for him, he just faced a better, older horse. he certainly wasn't empty, and the jock may have ridden him a bit overconfidently. other than that, it was just invasors day to come out on top.
HIS RACE ? go watch the replay, he was in a all out drive with no response turning for home, then he suddenly kicks it in, STRANGE.
Old 06-30-2008, 09:17 PM
Super Mod.. and Super Fly

I think Bernardini was freaking awesome. Some disagree, and that's fine. But I find it hilarious that people point to his loss to Invasor as some rightful indictment of the horse. The two of them both ran great races that day, and when watching the debacle that most likely will be this year's Classic, I'll be bummed that we don't have a horse like Bernardini in the race.
Old 06-30-2008, 09:17 PM
Churchill Downs

Quote:
Originally Posted by ateamstupid
I think Bernardini was freaking awesome. Some disagree, and that's fine. But I find it hilarious that people point to his loss to Invasor as some rightful indictment of the horse. The two of them both ran great races that day, and when watching the debacle that most likely will be this year's Classic, I'll be bummed that we don't have a horse like Bernardini in the race.
you are the man !
Old 06-30-2008, 09:24 PM
Del Mar

Quote:
Originally Posted by ateamstupid
true. No question to his talent. Its just interesting that the only time that he was tested, he folded.

The best of the horses we didnt see enough of? Hah! Ever see Candy Ride? Mizzen Mast? Lamtarra? I could go on all night about horses that fit that criteria that would have smoked bernardini.
Old 06-30-2008, 09:26 PM
Churchill Downs

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalakhani
true. No question to his talent. Its just interesting that the only time that he was tested, he folded.

The best of the horses we didnt see enough of? Hah! Ever see Candy Ride? Mizzen Mast? Lamtarra? I could go on all night about horses that fit that criteria that would have smoked bernardini.
he folded ? ? holy ****, its like ppl did not see the same race... this horse won everything in hand for fun, never ever asked to run... HE WAS NOT HIMSELF IN THE CLASSIC AND STILL RAN A DEAD GAME SECOND, FOLDED, WHAT RACE DID YOU WATCH ?
Old 06-30-2008, 09:28 PM
Del Mar

Quote:
he folded ? ? holy ****, its like ppl did not see the same race... this horse won everything in hand for fun, never ever asked to run... HE WAS NOT HIMSELF IN THE CLASSIC AND STILL RAN A DEAD GAME SECOND, FOLDED, WHAT RACE DID YOU WATCH ?
folded, lost...whatever. It was his only test against a real horse and he lost. How about that?
Old 06-30-2008, 09:30 PM
Oriental Park

Quote:

Mizzen Mast? Ouch. He did nothing of note beyond being scratched from the Big Cap and "targeting" the Met Mile, which is Frankel code for "he's done". He did beat some 17-hand horse that previously was 3rd in the Pegasus at the Meadowlands a couple of times, not to mention I Love Silver, who Point Given beat by about 10 lengths or so in the SA Derby.

He was a horrendous failure in France, though.
Old 06-30-2008, 09:30 PM
Churchill Downs

Quote:
folded, lost...whatever. It was his only test against a real horse and he lost. How about that?
folded and lost are to totally different things...

commentator folds sometimes
first defense folded in the met...

huge difference from a game loss