Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Breeders' Cup Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 10-19-2009, 02:07 PM
Idlewild Airport

Well it would be nice if Churchill does a better job with it than the inside paved highway they had last time....I think Belmont is a terrific venue for it as was SA before poly.
Old 10-19-2009, 02:11 PM
Coach Pants

I vote for Ellis Park. It would be a good bargaining chip for Geary to get slot machines. He can threaten to shut down the track and not run the BC the day before if an emergency session isn't called that evening to put slots in all Kentucky race tracks.

Then the BC will call his bluff and he can look like a pompous child one more time.
Old 10-19-2009, 02:59 PM
Sha Tin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merlinsky
Drat, beat me to it.

Now's the perfect time to think about it. They're working on the site and are in a position to make improvements that would benefit them later should they pursue the BC. At the very least they could make sure not to do something that would make it difficult to adjust. Sure CD has it next, but there's no reason Hialeah couldn't put things in motion to get it sooner rather than later.

Honorable mention: Monmouth
John Brunetti
Old 10-19-2009, 08:56 PM
Churchill Downs

sad that hialeah is the only possible location of the florida tracks, and thats sad for florida which is a natural location for a regular breeders cup stop
Old 10-19-2009, 09:11 PM
Gulfstream Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach Pants
I vote for Ellis Park. It would be a good bargaining chip for Geary to get slot machines. He can threaten to shut down the track and not run the BC the day before if an emergency session isn't called that evening to put slots in all Kentucky race tracks.

Then the BC will call his bluff and he can look like a pompous child one more time.
Hehehehe....good one....
Old 10-19-2009, 09:55 PM
Aqueduct

Heck lets give Florida Another shot, but Lets go to Tampa, I bet we could Squeeze 10,000 Plus in there. An as an added bonus everyone knows they Have one of the best dirt tracks around. I love going to Tampa on the weekends great place to go to the Races.
Old 10-20-2009, 10:19 AM
Churchill Downs

if they could get about 40,000 in there they would be a candidate
Old 10-20-2009, 10:25 AM
Oaklawn

I have always liked the Breeders' Cup rotating amongst a lot of racetracks... for one, the game does not only happen in NY, KY or Cal. Secondly, there are lots of fair weather racetracks who could handle the BC. Finally, I think a big event grows best when introduced to a variety of markets.

People are sour about venues such as Monmouth all of the sudden because it rained... as if it would never rain somewhere else? I thought Monmouth was an awesome venue, and would love to go there again.
Old 10-20-2009, 11:24 AM
Atlantic City Race Course

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travis Stone
I have always liked the Breeders' Cup rotating amongst a lot of racetracks... for one, the game does not only happen in NY, KY or Cal. Secondly, there are lots of fair weather racetracks who could handle the BC. Finally, I think a big event grows best when introduced to a variety of markets.

People are sour about venues such as Monmouth all of the sudden because it rained... as if it would never rain somewhere else? I thought Monmouth was an awesome venue, and would love to go there again.
I agree. I actually like Lone Star. I didn't go to the BC there but I've been to the track.
Manila, Java Gold, Alysheba, Sunday Silence, Go for Wand, In Excess, Paseana, Kotashaan, Holy Bull, Cigar, Alphabet Soup, Formal Gold, Skip Away, Artax, Tiznow, Point Given, Azeri, Candy Ride, Smarty Jones, Ghostzapper, Invasor, Curlin, Zenyatta, Zenyatta, Goldikova, Havre de Grace, Wise Dan, Wise Dan, California Chrome, American Pharoah, Arrogate, Gun Runner, Accelerate, Maximum Security, Gamine
Old 10-20-2009, 11:49 AM
Morris Park

I'm glad Monmouth is getting some love from the DT crowd. I grew up there, so I am biased, but it is a beautiful facility. They really did an awesome job with the BC but the rain was a real tragedy. I hope we get another shot someday. I was so fired up to be 5 minutes from the BC and then the rain came...
Old 10-20-2009, 12:07 PM
Havre de Grace

Monmouth is a great facility. I was at the 2007 BC and enjoyed it thoroughly (luckily my seats were in the grandstand) and was also at Lone Star in 2004. The "2nd tier" tracks need a look especially considering their seating capacity will not really matter once Avioli ruins the BC brand.

NT
Old 10-20-2009, 12:45 PM
Oaklawn

Monmouth got knocked by alot of pundits because the weather stunk. The weather can stink anyplace and anytime. They did a good job with what they had.
I like the idea of moving the Cup and letting people that support the tracks/circuits around the country see it at home.
Old 10-20-2009, 12:51 PM
Idlewild Airport

The Monmouth turf course is very impressive.
Old 10-20-2009, 02:12 PM
Oaklawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by randallscott35
The Monmouth turf course is very impressive.
Last I saw of it Kip DeVille was building an ark.
Old 10-21-2009, 06:43 AM
Woodbine

how about the dumpster? it causes more contraversy and problems than its worth. the guy is an idiot and his board has ruined it anyway. they are going BROKE to boot. once its gone, horses will actually have to race each other more than once a year. now many times the good ones "run away" from each other for the easiest win at short odds, until the breeders cup. then half don't show because of the polycrap! yeah, thats doing racing all kinds of favors, less competition, lower payouts and a bunch of bettors that don't give a sh^t. way to go breeders cup!
Old 10-21-2009, 03:41 PM
Santa Anita

It should be like the Superbowl! Warm weather cities or domes!!! Louisville is too cold..

#Grand
Old 10-21-2009, 09:12 PM
Santa Anita

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cannon Shell
John Brunetti
Ah yes, but it almost seemed that when Minor pressed things, a fire got lit under Brunetti's butt almost in spite of himself. I hate to wish anything other than the best on Hialeah and unfortunately that currently means possibly having good things happen to Brunetti. Ick. Perhaps other factors in Florida will make up for his involvement. Maybe they already are.
Old 10-21-2009, 09:21 PM
Goodwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by brockguy
It should be like the Superbowl! Warm weather cities or domes!!! Louisville is too cold..
stoppppppp irishman... just drink more next time its cold!

see you in a couple weeks
Old 10-23-2009, 08:55 AM
Santa Anita

Atlantic City Race Course