Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Sports Bar & Grill
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 05-16-2013, 04:02 PM
Flemington

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cannon Shell View Post
Miami who everyone is saying is a huge favorite to win the title "labored" with a team that had 4 key guys out. Memphis is a tough team that plays extremely good defense and has size. GS can't beat them. SA probably won't either.
You did not tell me where I can find a good pic of you.....
Heres how I look at it. Miami is kinda just messing around. Lebron, half the time does not appear to be looking to shoot. He seems to be having bad game, per Chuck Barkley.... But you check out the box score and he is 9/19 for 27 8 7. The guy is amazing. Indiana will beat Miami 2x. Miami in 6.
As for the West, I am not sure yet. I think GS wins tonight. I absoutley love them as a home dog. Who knows what happens in game 7. Ill just come out and say it, I dont believe in Memphis. Im not sold. Stephen A. Smith is. Today, he called them a legit threat to Miami. He says they can steal 1 in Miami and win 2 of the 3 at home. I dont buy that, thats if they even make it. Im of the belief that Miami wins this thing fairly easily even if Wade goes down for good. If Memphis proves me wrong, they do. I dont think Memphis makes it to the Finals. Again for the 15th time in this thread. The David Lee injury is a total shame. I was high on GS before these playoffs. I predicted they would beat Denver. He is not some scrub. He led the NBA in double doubles this year. What Golden St is doing without him and with Curry injured should not be overlooked. They are building something nice for the future. They remind me of OKC 3 years ago who took the first step by taking the Lakers to 7.
Old 05-17-2013, 03:40 PM
Sha Tin

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockHardTen1985 View Post
You did not tell me where I can find a good pic of you.....
Heres how I look at it. Miami is kinda just messing around. Lebron, half the time does not appear to be looking to shoot. He seems to be having bad game, per Chuck Barkley.... But you check out the box score and he is 9/19 for 27 8 7. The guy is amazing. Indiana will beat Miami 2x. Miami in 6.
As for the West, I am not sure yet. I think GS wins tonight. I absoutley love them as a home dog. Who knows what happens in game 7. Ill just come out and say it, I dont believe in Memphis. Im not sold. Stephen A. Smith is. Today, he called them a legit threat to Miami. He says they can steal 1 in Miami and win 2 of the 3 at home. I dont buy that, thats if they even make it. Im of the belief that Miami wins this thing fairly easily even if Wade goes down for good. If Memphis proves me wrong, they do. I dont think Memphis makes it to the Finals. Again for the 15th time in this thread. The David Lee injury is a total shame. I was high on GS before these playoffs. I predicted they would beat Denver. He is not some scrub. He led the NBA in double doubles this year. What Golden St is doing without him and with Curry injured should not be overlooked. They are building something nice for the future. They remind me of OKC 3 years ago who took the first step by taking the Lakers to 7.
There are no good pictures of me.
Miami clearly is the favorite though IMO have played sluggishly because they got sucked into playing the type of game that Chicago wanted to play.
Indiana w/o Hill can easily lose the next two games. I'm not sure what to think about the Knicks since they seem to change 180 degrees from game to game.

Obviously your Golden State man-crush is over. Golden State is actually not in great shape moving forward as they are capped out, Jack and Landry are unrestricted FA, Bogut's health is always going to be an issue (of course as is Curry's) and they have no draft picks. Barnes could continue to improve as well as Thompson and Green but they don't have much else.
Old 05-18-2013, 05:41 AM
Flemington

Quote:
There are no good pictures of me.
Miami clearly is the favorite though IMO have played sluggishly because they got sucked into playing the type of game that Chicago wanted to play.
Indiana w/o Hill can easily lose the next two games. I'm not sure what to think about the Knicks since they seem to change 180 degrees from game to game.

Obviously your Golden State man-crush is over. Golden State is actually not in great shape moving forward as they are capped out, Jack and Landry are unrestricted FA, Bogut's health is always going to be an issue (of course as is Curry's) and they have no draft picks. Barnes could continue to improve as well as Thompson and Green but they don't have much else.

For what its worth. Miami over Indiana in 6 if its the Knicks its a sweep. San Antonio in 6.
Its not a man crush, I like young explosive teams. Im a fan of the game more than any team and Im a huge Lebron fan. In my slim days I used to be pretty dam good. I could fill up the stat sheet. I averaged 33-14-3-3 in CYO 7th-8th. Modified coach watched me play I made modified and I made JV at SHS. Tough, almost impossible to make that team. I had an NBA player as a teammate.
Anyway..... I dont think losing Jack or Landry is horrible. I also believe this is a soft draft. I mean Noel #1? I dont buy him at all. Cody Zeller got destroyed bad vs Cuse and he is top 7-8. The dude from Gtown, the big guy.... The Herd had a stat today....80% of his shot attempts were jumpers. What is he supposed to be?? An even worst Carmelo? I think this draft is bad.
Barnes took huge steps in the playoffs. Hopefully he is OK. I felt coming out he was the most NBA ready guy. Remember if he came out after his freshman year he was going #1. Him, Curry and Lee is solid enough. Clippers are not winning anything. Not with Blake Griffin and Jamal Crawford. Does anyone believe the Lakers are getting better? I respect Kobe, but what else do they have? THey wont go to Phil, and who knows if thats even an option anyway after the shots he took at Kobe. THis is Miamis league. This year and next. Rumor is they are in play for KG and Paul Pierce. 2 guys who might take way less and go get a ring. Plus Greg Oden is getting healthy and he would go to Miami, I read last week Pat Riley would take a chance. Point is, I love what Golden St is doing but for 2014 it wont matter. Lebron gets the 3peat.
Old 05-19-2013, 12:36 PM
Sha Tin

Quote:
For what its worth. Miami over Indiana in 6 if its the Knicks its a sweep. San Antonio in 6.
Its not a man crush, I like young explosive teams. Im a fan of the game more than any team and Im a huge Lebron fan. In my slim days I used to be pretty dam good. I could fill up the stat sheet. I averaged 33-14-3-3 in CYO 7th-8th. Modified coach watched me play I made modified and I made JV at SHS. Tough, almost impossible to make that team. I had an NBA player as a teammate.
Anyway..... I dont think losing Jack or Landry is horrible. I also believe this is a soft draft. I mean Noel #1? I dont buy him at all. Cody Zeller got destroyed bad vs Cuse and he is top 7-8. The dude from Gtown, the big guy.... The Herd had a stat today....80% of his shot attempts were jumpers. What is he supposed to be?? An even worst Carmelo? I think this draft is bad.
Barnes took huge steps in the playoffs. Hopefully he is OK. I felt coming out he was the most NBA ready guy. Remember if he came out after his freshman year he was going #1. Him, Curry and Lee is solid enough. Clippers are not winning anything. Not with Blake Griffin and Jamal Crawford. Does anyone believe the Lakers are getting better? I respect Kobe, but what else do they have? THey wont go to Phil, and who knows if thats even an option anyway after the shots he took at Kobe. THis is Miamis league. This year and next. Rumor is they are in play for KG and Paul Pierce. 2 guys who might take way less and go get a ring. Plus Greg Oden is getting healthy and he would go to Miami, I read last week Pat Riley would take a chance. Point is, I love what Golden St is doing but for 2014 it wont matter. Lebron gets the 3peat.
It is too bad that so few people will see this post.

34-14-3-3. Is the last 3 steals, blocks, or turnovers?
Old 05-19-2013, 12:45 PM
Sha Tin

I was leaning towards SA in 7 but the PG selection is going make it Memphis in 6.
Miami in 5.
Old 05-19-2013, 12:53 PM
Hialeah Park

Quote:

I'll be damned. They must've kept the most meticulous CYO records ever if he's able to have averages for every category

**bull$hit ahem ahem**
"A person who saw no important difference between the fire outside a Neandrathal's cave and a working thermo-nuclear reactor might tell you that junk bonds and derivatives BOTH serve to energize capital"

- Nathan Israel
Old 05-19-2013, 06:40 PM
Flemington

Quote:

blocks and steals.
SPurs looked strong today.
Indiana is ready. They will press Miami
Old 05-20-2013, 08:15 AM
Oriental Park

Quote:

This is RHT's best post ever. My son plays youth basketball and it's almost impossible to get someone to keep the scorebook but RHT's league has team statisticians. Thanks RHT for giving me something to laugh about on Monday morning.
Old 05-20-2013, 02:26 PM
Ocala Mike

Default NBA Playoff Predictions...

The Heatles ("just another team") in 4. End of the line for the Pacers.
Old 05-20-2013, 07:23 PM
Flemington

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3kings View Post
This is RHT's best post ever. My son plays youth basketball and it's almost impossible to get someone to keep the scorebook but RHT's league has team statisticians. Thanks RHT for giving me something to laugh about on Monday morning.
lol. I have the book still. My old man was the coach.
Old 05-20-2013, 07:58 PM
Del Mar

Quote:
Those are some serious stats. How many minutes per quarter and what were the average scores to the games?
Old 05-20-2013, 08:10 PM
Gulfstream Park

Really? You think The Pacers won't win at least one? Care to bet?
Old 05-20-2013, 08:53 PM
Sha Tin

Quote:
Aren't CYO games 32 minutes?

So Wilt, Pete Maravich and you are the only three players in basketball history to average more than a point a minute for an entire game?
Old 05-21-2013, 01:24 AM
Ocala Mike

Default NBA Playoff Predictions...

Quote:
Originally Posted by rpncaine View Post

Really? You think The Pacers won't win at least one? Care to bet?

Don't worry, Indianapolis, I also thought ORB couldn't lose the Preakness, and the Knicks would be facing Miami now! I never bet on hoops, and I'm going back to betting maiden races at the ponies.
Old 05-21-2013, 06:19 AM
Gulfstream Park

LOL...I really expect a good series. Most likely Miami in 6. But the Pacers are not afraid of them and won't back down.
Old 05-22-2013, 02:54 PM
Flemington

Chuck how about Memphis? No way Spurs drop this. They were up 2-0 last year and lost, they will learn from that. This is 5 games max, could be a sweep.
INDIANA IS LEGIT.
Barkley says they are the most physically imposing team in the NBA since 2000. Indiana gets at least 2. Unless Vogal really pissed Lebron off.
Old 06-05-2013, 09:01 PM
Flemington

Quote:
Chuck how about Memphis? No way Spurs drop this. They were up 2-0 last year and lost, they will learn from that. This is 5 games max, could be a sweep.
INDIANA IS LEGIT.
Barkley says they are the most physically imposing team in the NBA since 2000. Indiana gets at least 2. Unless Vogal really pissed Lebron off.
Pretty much spot on from me. Spurs and Indiana will play tough.
I like Miami over the Spurs. I dont know if it will be 4 or 7, I dont have a feel like that. I just dont see Lebron losing another finals.