Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > The Steve Dellinger Discourse Den
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 09-27-2008, 05:30 PM
Havre de Grace

Default So..no more free speech?

http://governor.mo.gov/cgi-bin/coran...&tmpl=newsitem

Just a taste of what Barrys' or Hillarys' presidency would have been like(you remember "We're going to take things away from you for your own good") What's taking place is fact, just apply it to the Big states, and you'll think the Patriot Act was a lullaby.
Old 09-27-2008, 09:43 PM
Arlington Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by timmgirvan
http://governor.mo.gov/cgi-bin/coran...&tmpl=newsitem

Just a taste of what Barrys' or Hillarys' presidency would have been like(you remember "We're going to take things away from you for your own good") What's taking place is fact, just apply it to the Big states, and you'll think the Patriot Act was a lullaby.
"I can think of nothing more offensive to Jefferson’s thinking than using the power of the state to deprive Americans of their civil rights. "

Politics aside, somebody should really give Mr. Blunt a history lesson.
Old 09-27-2008, 10:42 PM
Dee Tee Stables

this press release is in response to what exactly?
Old 09-27-2008, 10:43 PM
Thistley Downs

She had to ask.

Old 09-27-2008, 10:46 PM
Dee Tee Stables

yeah, i did. this thing is made out to be a big deal, but i don't know what the deal IS.
Old 09-27-2008, 10:48 PM
Thistley Downs

It's a Dimmy-ism.

Please...just let comatose dogs flat line.
Old 09-28-2008, 12:36 AM
Havre de Grace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danzig
yeah, i did. this thing is made out to be a big deal, but i don't know what the deal IS.
Ziggy: the Obama campaign is trying to use the threat by heavy handed prosecutors to stop any adverse ads(to Obamas campaign). As stated in the release, Gov is calling out this intimidation for what it is...an attempt to silence
any adverse media/campaign by costly prosecution. Same as the so-called
Fairness Doctrine. Course the libs don't want to pay their shills..they want the conservative stations to pay the freight....typical.
Old 09-28-2008, 01:10 AM
Del Mar

Quote:
Ziggy: the Obama campaign is trying to use the threat by heavy handed prosecutors to stop any adverse ads(to Obamas campaign). As stated in the release, Gov is calling out this intimidation for what it is...an attempt to silence
Fairness Doctrine. Course the libs don't want to pay their shills..they want the conservative stations to pay the freight....typical.
Do you really believe this or are you just pretending to be about the biggest moron that has ever graced a forum?

Your poor wife.
Old 09-28-2008, 01:16 AM
Havre de Grace

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalakhani
Do you really believe this or are you just pretending to be about the biggest moron that has ever graced a forum?

Your poor wife.
She says she's fine, thanks for asking. Projection is one of your strong points,isn't it! you're a little wretch of a person,Mr. Potter. See Ya
Old 09-28-2008, 01:21 AM
Del Mar

Quote:
She says she's fine, thanks for asking. Projection is one of your strong points,isn't it! you're a little wretch of a person,Mr. Potter. See Ya
Don't leave so soon. Im bored.

You have at least 10 more ridiculous things to post in the next half hour. Pleae don't break from this nightly ritual.
Old 09-28-2008, 01:23 AM
Havre de Grace

Quote:
Don't leave so soon. Im bored.

You have at least 10 more ridiculous things to post in the next half hour. Pleae don't break from this nightly ritual.
you are a gnat on the backside of life....I won't waste my time. See ya in the funny papers
Old 09-28-2008, 01:29 AM
Del Mar

Quote:
you are a gnat on the backside of life....I won't waste my time. See ya in the funny papers
Weak.

I mean say something girvanesque. Say something that differeniates you from the run of the mill idiot like honu or arljim78. Something so uniqely dumb that only you could have said it.

I know you have it in you. Believe me when I say that I am a big fan.
Old 09-28-2008, 07:22 AM
Havre de Grace

Quote:
Weak.

I mean say something girvanesque. Say something that differeniates you from the run of the mill idiot like honu or arljim78. Something so uniqely dumb that only you could have said it.

I know you have it in you. Believe me when I say that I am a big fan.
Sorry...I don't feel very protected from the blades....but I am feeling the stale air flow.
Old 09-28-2008, 08:18 AM
Del Mar

Quote:
Sorry...I don't feel very protected from the blades....but I am feeling the stale air flow.
Well, tell your wife to stop snoring.

You disappointed me last night timmi. You stopped posing long before you fulfilled your nightly quotient of stupid posts.

I am confident in your ability and i know it was just a fluke.
Old 09-28-2008, 08:20 AM
Dee Tee Stables

Quote:
but are there any specific examples? articles discussing anyone being arrested, threatened, intimidated? a press release, in and of itself, is no proof of anything.

by the way, and this is directed towards everyone, the personal attacks lend nothing to debate. a differing opinion does not necessarily equate to a lack of intelligence, etc.
Old 09-28-2008, 08:29 AM
Del Mar

Quote:
but are there any specific examples? articles discussing anyone being arrested, threatened, intimidated? a press release, in and of itself, is no proof of anything.

by the way, and this is directed towards everyone, the personal attacks lend nothing to debate. a differing opinion does not necessarily equate to a lack of intelligence, etc.
True. I agree. Geeker has a different opinion and no one is calling him dumb. GPK has a difference of a opinion and no one is calling him dumb. So does Mort and so do others.

Posting a press release by a hardcore republican governor with unsubstantiated accusations and trying to pass them off as some sort of fact is indeed dumb and adds less to the debate than the insults. We have a body of work from old timmi g that could go ten pages of dumb things.

Debate requires points supported by facts from each side. With Timmi you dont get that so I choose to have fun with him.
Old 09-28-2008, 08:52 AM
Dee Tee Stables

Quote:
True. I agree. Geeker has a different opinion and no one is calling him dumb. GPK has a difference of a opinion and no one is calling him dumb. So does Mort and so do others.

Posting a press release by a hardcore republican governor with unsubstantiated accusations and trying to pass them off as some sort of fact is indeed dumb and adds less to the debate than the insults. We have a body of work from old timmi g that could go ten pages of dumb things.

Debate requires points supported by facts from each side. With Timmi you dont get that so I choose to have fun with him.
well, i guess timmi is a big boy and can take it. just that sometimes i feel you have to wade thru pages of muck to find anything of substance, and i find it tedious.

but i agree that this press release means nothing, which is why i asked for more. otherwise, it's just propaganda from that governor...
Old 09-28-2008, 08:55 AM
Del Mar

Quote:
well, i guess timmi is a big boy and can take it. just that sometimes i feel you have to wade thru pages of muck to find anything of substance, and i find it tedious.

but i agree that this press release means nothing, which is why i asked for more. otherwise, it's just propaganda from that governor...
Did you see the tina fey thing on SNL last night?
Old 09-28-2008, 08:59 AM
Dee Tee Stables

Quote:
Did you see the tina fey thing on SNL last night?
nope.
i'm not much of a tv watcher-until this time of year, it's all football, all the time. well, except for yesterday. i was pretty unhappy-three great games on t.v. i'd have loved to watch yesterday evening....but, duty calls. my daughter is in the band of SAU, so we trooped off to western arkansas for the evening to watch the hapless muleriders (yes, that's really their mascot) go to 0-4 vs henderson state. but the band was good.
we left just after half time, listened to the second half of lsu on the radio.

but i digress, what did the wonderful ms fey do last night?
Old 09-28-2008, 09:10 AM
Del Mar

Quote:
nope.
i'm not much of a tv watcher-until this time of year, it's all football, all the time. well, except for yesterday. i was pretty unhappy-three great games on t.v. i'd have loved to watch yesterday evening....but, duty calls. my daughter is in the band of SAU, so we trooped off to western arkansas for the evening to watch the hapless muleriders (yes, that's really their mascot) go to 0-4 vs henderson state. but the band was good.
we left just after half time, listened to the second half of lsu on the radio.

but i digress, what did the wonderful ms fey do last night?
Posted it. She did a mock of the couric interview.

You didnt miss much last night if you mean the georgia-bama game. Scare was not indicative of the route. this Bama team is really good.