Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Main Forum > International Racing
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 11-08-2007, 01:07 PM
Saratoga

I'm not acting high and mighty. I'm just giving an opinion.
Old 11-08-2007, 01:12 PM
Jerome Park

So, in your opinion you shouldn't have to abide by the same rules you believe others should post under.
Old 11-08-2007, 02:24 PM
The Curragh

Where has mmsc not abided to the rules, which we apparently abide by ourselves?

I understand that there is a big difference between the people who naturally care about the equine species. The animals that give us the opportunity to bet at all.

I started this thread because she is/was a horse i really liked and cared about. I'm sure everybody has their favourites and yes, she was one of mine. It might just so happen that others on here might really like a horse that i have no interest on. If the same misfortune was to happen to that particular animal, would i post anything in the thread that could cause upset to the topic starter? Ofcourse i wouldn't.

Is this stopping you having an opinion of your own? No, it isn't. If a family member was to die and someone was to write "she was a great mother......" what would it look like if someone came on and posted "i'm sorry, but she certainly wasn't great". Now, i know this will get the response "well, c'mon NoChance she was JUST a horse"....... ya know what, yeah she was a horse, a horse who i really liked. Was she as good as i was hoping she could be when i first saw her? No........ but does that mean i cannot call her great without getting certain remarks.

As MMSC said, you read the thread, you obviously didn't agree, so why post? I don't mind that you don't think she was a "great" filly. You can have your own opinion, however, i do feel there was a certain nature behind some of those posts. A nature, which i didn't like.

I wouldn't care if she was a Gr1 winner or a maiden claimer. I liked her from day one. In my eyes she was great. End of.

and now we murderers because we kill time
Old 11-08-2007, 02:36 PM
Jerome Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoChanceToDance
Where has mmsc not abided to the rules, which we apparently abide by ourselves?

I understand that there is a big difference between the people who naturally care about the equine species. The animals that give us the opportunity to bet at all.

I started this thread because she is/was a horse i really liked and cared about. I'm sure everybody has their favourites and yes, she was one of mine. It might just so happen that others on here might really like a horse that i have no interest on. If the same misfortune was to happen to that particular animal, would i post anything in the thread that could cause upset to the topic starter? Ofcourse i wouldn't.

Is this stopping you having an opinion of your own? No, it isn't. If a family member was to die and someone was to write "she was a great mother......" what would it look like if someone came on and posted "i'm sorry, but she certainly wasn't great". Now, i know this will get the response "well, c'mon NoChance she was JUST a horse"....... ya know what, yeah she was a horse, a horse who i really liked. Was she as good as i was hoping she could be when i first saw her? No........ but does that mean i cannot call her great without getting certain remarks.

As MMSC said, you read the thread, you obviously didn't agree, so why post? I don't mind that you don't think she was a "great" filly. You can have your own opinion, however, i do feel there was a certain nature behind some of those posts. A nature, which i didn't like.

I wouldn't care if she was a Gr1 winner or a maiden claimer. I liked her from day one. In my eyes she was great. End of.

I'll start by giving you the thread full of MMSC's disgraceful behavoir....

http://www.derbytrail.com./forums/sh...ad.php?t=17091

though this post is my personal favorite...

Quote:
Originally Posted by my miss storm cat
Awww, did i huwt your widdle feewings?

Can't wait to see you on BTW's show.... the battle of the annoying. Balding, badly dressed, and unaware of body language Vs. "you know".

What a treat!

On the highlighted portion of your post I have a few comments....

You seem to be saying it is both OK for someone to express an opinion but not OK if that opinion disagrees with what has been posted. I don't understand this. Like it or not, especially if you aren't being personally nasty, people are allowed to disagree with opinions here. You didn't say " I loved Alexander Tango and am very sad about her death. " You said two things, a version of what I just wrote AND that she was great. You expressed an opinion, which you are certainly allowed to do, and others responded with a different opinion, which they are also allowed to do.

Now, on your stuff about comparing a horse's death to the death of a parent. You can post what you want I suppose....but so can others. Being that my father passed away less than two weeks ago I find your analogy as offensive as it is ludicrous. But, hey, we are all allowed our own opinions.
Old 11-08-2007, 02:44 PM
Saratoga

Everyone has their breaking point and I had hit mine, lest you forget your post on the first page.....

It was very rude and between you and two other posters I had had enough.

By the way, as much as I'd love to edit your post and delete what i had said? I'll be fair and leave it alone.
Old 11-08-2007, 02:50 PM
Jerome Park

Quote:
Everyone has their breaking point and I had hit mine, lest you forget your post on the first page.....

It was very rude and between you and two other posters I had had enough.

By the way, as much as I'd love to edit your post and delete what i had said? I'll be fair and leave it alone.

Really? Here's my only post on the first page. Feel free to point out where it was rude.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackthroatedwind
You don't really believe this....do you?

People post thoughts and others have a right to post their thoughts. Sure, they can ignore whatever they wish, but they can also respond as they see fit. Surely you've disagreed with posts here before and then chosen not to ignore them. Why should it be different this time?

This was in response to this post from ArlJim which was directed to another poster....

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArlJim78
just ignore it then if its so troublesome for you. all of these eulogies that you find so objectionable amount to probably less than 1% of what is posted on here.
Old 11-08-2007, 02:54 PM
The Curragh

You are allowed your own opinion, i never said you weren't. There is a great lack of compassion between posters on here, and maybe it isn't something i am used to.

The post that MMSC pointed towards you is nothing to do with me, however if that is her opinion of you, then fair enough. I cannot side with either one of you.

I posted that thread through the love of the horse, and i understand that you obviously were not much of a fan. I just found the opinions to be a little harsh, considering i was greatly upset by her tragic end. Like i said, there have been a number of threads started because of the sad end to other people's favourites, maybe i'm just in a minority but if i don't agree about something when it is clear the topic starters if upset, i will just leave the thread alone.

It isn't actually your post i was that bothered with, and when i am saying "you" i mean it in the general sense. It was some of the posts afterwards that seemed to ridicule my statement that upset me the most. There is certainly no need for that sort of posting. I can understand when people don't agree, but to carry on by making a mockery of the initial post is just rude.

I am sorry to hear of the loss of your father. I had no idea.

Old 11-08-2007, 02:55 PM
Saratoga

Quote:
Really? Here's my only post on the first page. Feel free to point out where it was rude.
Give me a break... you know all the questionable posts have now been deleted.
Old 11-08-2007, 02:57 PM
Jerome Park

I was a big fan of Alexander Tango. I just said she wasn't great. It's not an insult.
Old 11-08-2007, 02:59 PM
Jerome Park

Quote:
Give me a break... you know all the questionable posts have now been deleted.

No they haven't. That's complete BS. Just because that's the way your mind works doesn't mean others work that way. The simple fact is you overracted to what I posted and took pathetic personal shots at me and are only now realizing ( maybe only a little ) how bad it made you look.

Next time think about it before you do it or before you choose to lecture others on their behavior here.
Old 11-08-2007, 03:02 PM
Coach Pants

Old 11-08-2007, 03:04 PM
Saratoga

Quote:
No they haven't. That's complete BS. Just because that's the way your mind works doesn't mean others work that way. The simple fact is you overracted to what I posted and took pathetic personal shots at me and are only now realizing ( maybe only a little ) how bad it made you look.

Next time think about it before you do it or before you choose to lecture others on their behavior here.
I just went though the Super Frolic thread again and okay you're right and I'm wrong.

The little insults here and there though..... like i said i had had it.

If you think I'm the only person here who thinks you pontificate and are an extremely rude pompous *****, you're mistaken.
Old 11-08-2007, 03:08 PM
Jerome Park

Quote:
I just went though the Super Frolic thread again and okay you're right and I'm wrong.

If you think I'm the only person here who thinks you pontificate and are extremely rude you're mistaken.

The little insults may appear to you but I don't see them. But whatever.

So you have issues with me. Big deal. So others do. Another equally big deal. That's the way the world works. Some like us and some don't.

You need to find a way to justify your behavior. Most of us do at one time or another.
Old 11-08-2007, 03:10 PM
Jerome Park

Quote:

If you think I'm the only person here who thinks you pontificate and are an extremely rude pompous *****, you're mistaken.

Did the late addition of pompous ***** make you feel better?

I know it hit the spot for me.
Old 11-08-2007, 03:10 PM
Saratoga

Quote:
Did the late addition of pompous ***** make you feel better?

I know it hit the spot for me.
Why yes. Yes, it did.
Old 11-08-2007, 03:12 PM
Saratoga

Quote:
The little insults may appear to you but I don't see them. But whatever.

So you have issues with me. Big deal. So others do. Another equally big deal. That's the way the world works. Some like us and some don't.

You need to find a way to justify your behavior. Most of us do at one time or another.
I don't like being accused of being insincere.
Old 11-08-2007, 03:13 PM
Jerome Park

The more accolades the better. What's the sense of being rude if you can't be pompous ( though after having used " pontificate " one could easily accuse you of being redundant ) and an " ***** " too?
Old 11-08-2007, 03:16 PM
Jerome Park

Quote:
I don't like being accused of being insincere.
OK....and where exactly did this happen?
Old 11-08-2007, 03:16 PM
Saratoga

Quote:
The more accolades the better. What's the sense of being rude if you can't be pompous ( though after having used " pontificate " one could easily accuse you of being redundant ) and an " ***** " too?
What can I say?

You've earned so many adjectives.....
Old 11-08-2007, 03:18 PM
The Curragh

Can BOTH of you just give it a rest now!

I wish i had never started the thread, i had no idea it would turn into this.

You don't like eachother...... i don't give a flying ****