Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Dee Tee Stables
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 11-07-2009, 02:59 PM
Hollywood Park

Default Willie Martinez

Great job to get 3rd on Noble's Promise for a syndicate that sounds much like DT stables. The owers group must be thrilled!
Old 11-07-2009, 10:20 PM
Arlington Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuffolkGirl
Great job to get 3rd on Noble's Promise for a syndicate that sounds much like DT stables. The owers group must be thrilled!
great job Willie M! i hope he keeps the ride on the derby trail next year.
Old 11-08-2009, 04:46 AM
Ellis Park

It was great to see Willie do well... even though he cost me my show wager on 50-1 Piscetelli.

Steve Byk was in the paddock with Noble's Promise's group and gave Willie a hug before he was given a leg up on Noble's Promise.
Old 11-08-2009, 01:07 PM
Lincoln Fields

LOL had left my group and gone out to the paddock just to try and catch a glimpse of Willie given the sort of DeeTee connection but was so crowded really couldn't see a thing - so didn't get to see Willie pre-race but am almost positive recognized you just from race pictures that have been posted here - was like dang that guy looks familiar, but would he be in there?? - were wearing a dark brown suit???? and wasn't even looking for Steve Byk, thought he was probably up in a media booth so prolly saw him also and didn't even know it lol..

thought Willie rode lights-out on the syn and am looking for Piscitelli at GPX - good times!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unstable
It was great to see Willie do well... even though he cost me my show wager on 50-1 Piscetelli.

Steve Byk was in the paddock with Noble's Promise's group and gave Willie a hug before he was given a leg up on Noble's Promise.
Old 11-08-2009, 01:55 PM
Ellis Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by Many Others
LOL had left my group and gone out to the paddock just to try and catch a glimpse of Willie given the sort of DeeTee connection but was so crowded really couldn't see a thing - so didn't get to see Willie pre-race but am almost positive recognized you just from race pictures that have been posted here - was like dang that guy looks familiar, but would he be in there?? - were wearing a dark brown suit???? and wasn't even looking for Steve Byk, thought he was probably up in a media booth so prolly saw him also and didn't even know it lol..

thought Willie rode lights-out on the syn and am looking for Piscitelli at GPX - good times!
No, I didn't make it into the paddock... I was in the crowd that was roped off from that hallowed area....

Steve was in the paddock rocking a lighter brown jacket with plaid lines... Knowing there were probably ten Steves in the paddock, I called out his girlfriend's name, got her attention, then she pointed out Joe the Dude and me to Steve. He spotted us, gave us the royal wave of the hand, and then we all cracked up. This was the only race where I got near the paddock.
Old 11-08-2009, 10:59 PM
Lincoln Fields

okay that would have been TOO coincidental lol but you never know cause the gentleman looked a lot like you from pictures so thought would ask - what was notable was the familiar faces didn't see this year and usually catch a glimpse of - T-Pletch, Dutrow, McPeek, Mott etc. - did see Suroor a LOT and many of the familiar Brits..

after the juvies, enjoyed watching small-framed Goldikova being walked and go about her business calmly at the far end of the saddling area like it was just an ordinary outing while they were wrestling with bad-tempered Justenuffhumor behind a closed stall -you could see the panels shaking from the kicks he was throwing, our very own KNS woulda been PROUD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unstable
No, I didn't make it into the paddock... I was in the crowd that was roped off from that hallowed area....

Steve was in the paddock rocking a lighter brown jacket with plaid lines... Knowing there were probably ten Steves in the paddock, I called out his girlfriend's name, got her attention, then she pointed out Joe the Dude and me to Steve. He spotted us, gave us the royal wave of the hand, and then we all cracked up. This was the only race where I got near the paddock.