Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Main Forum > The Paddock
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 01-16-2007, 11:48 AM
eurobounce

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jax Cajun
Interesting part of that story was that neither Barbaro or Bernardini had done anything this time last year
You sure about Barbaro? Barbaro won the Laurel Futurity and Tropical Park Derby. So this time last year he had 3 starts, 3 wins and 1 Grade III win. That is pretty good.
Old 01-16-2007, 11:55 AM
eurobounce

[quote=Sightseek]
Quote:
Originally Posted by eurobounce

Would you mind elaborating on what he has done wrong and what the right thing for him to do is?
Sure, I think he needs to race the boy. He has shown nice works and a good work pattern. However, he is needs some experiece. He has talent and Zito will mess around and not get the graded earnings.
Old 01-16-2007, 11:58 AM
Hollywood Park

Street Sense might be looking nice for the Derby. He is gonna run the Bluegrass and if he runs as good as he did at the BC on the Churchill track. I will be one of the few who thinks he might have a good chance to win. In other words --- A horse for the course!!!

Also why is Tiz Wonderful running the Arkansas track of the warmup?? Just want some easy wins like Lawyer Ron?? He is a good looking horse who needs the competition to run against
Old 01-16-2007, 11:59 AM
Dee Tee Stables

Quote:
Originally Posted by tycharles01
Street Sense might be looking nice for the Derby. He is gonna run the Bluegrass and if he runs as good as he did at the BC on the Churchill track. I will be one of the few who thinks he might have a good chance to win. In other words --- A horse for the course!!!

Also why is Tiz Wonderful running the Arkansas track of the warmup?? Just want some easy wins like Lawyer Ron?? He is a good looking horse who needs the competition to run against
winning is never 'easy'. a lot of good horses have gone, or are now going, thru arkansas to get to the derby.
Old 01-16-2007, 12:02 PM
Churchill Downs

Belgravia is a very good horse who had a problem in his last start which is why he ran so poorly. I can't believe that Notional is ranked above this horse.
Old 01-16-2007, 12:02 PM
Jerome Park

Quote:
Sure, I think he needs to race the boy. He has shown nice works and a good work pattern. However, he is needs some experiece. He has talent and Zito will mess around and not get the graded earnings.

You say this as though you know what may be going on with this horse and that YOU know better than Nick what he should be doing with this horse ( while backpedalling now that you initial comment wasn't about Nick but only about this horse.....yeah right ).

Since when has he been known to baby a horse and fail to qualify for the Derby because of this? Whether someone likes him or not as a trainer I have never heard him included in any list of trainers that baby horses.
Old 01-16-2007, 12:05 PM
eurobounce

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackthroatedwind
You say this as though you know what may be going on with this horse and that YOU know better than Nick what he should be doing with this horse ( while backpedalling now that you initial comment wasn't about Nick but only about this horse.....yeah right ).

Since when has he been known to baby a horse and fail to qualify for the Derby because of this? Whether someone likes him or not as a trainer I have never heard him included in any list of trainers that baby horses.
Then please explain to me why this horse has only 2 starts and $16k in earnings.
Old 01-16-2007, 12:06 PM
Oaklawn

Of all of the guys with "Derby type" horses, Nick is the last one to come up short and then start crying.

I haven't seen all the recent allowances from GP (thanks to the late unpleasantness between NYOTB's and FLA HPA) but I'll be looking at them all this afternoon.
I did like Time Squared's race in SoCal. The big question mark for me is giving Street Sense 2 starts. The other is the general vagueness about when/where the first one will be. It's all reminiscent of Private Vow last year.
Old 01-16-2007, 12:08 PM
Oaklawn

Quote:
Then please explain to me why this horse has only 2 starts and $16k in earnings.
Because i't's Jan 16th. The Derby is in May. He just broke his maiden. The stakes racing part comes next. At this point I belive he's ahead of FuPeg and Monarchos.
Old 01-16-2007, 12:09 PM
Sunshine Park

can't wait for the prep races and threads to start...
Old 01-16-2007, 12:16 PM
Jerome Park

Quote:

You have this all wrong....there is obviously a good reason why he has " only " made two starts and it is confusing why someone in your position is even suggesting that you somehow know better than Nick Zito does about what should be happening with this horse.

Your initial remarks said it all.
Old 01-16-2007, 12:16 PM
lecasting

Quote:
You sure about Barbaro? Barbaro won the Laurel Futurity and Tropical Park Derby. So this time last year he had 3 starts, 3 wins and 1 Grade III win. That is pretty good.
Impressive, but nothing on dirt. The favorite at this time last year was Stevie Wonderboy.
Old 01-16-2007, 12:18 PM
eurobounce

Quote:
You have this all wrong....there is obviously a good reason why he has " only " made two starts and it is confusing why someone in your position is even suggesting that you somehow know better than Nick Zito does about what should be happening with this horse.

Your initial remarks said it all.
Well I am still waiting for you to tell me what the good reasoning is?
Old 01-16-2007, 12:19 PM
Jerome Park

Quote:
Well I am still waiting for you to tell me what the good reasoning is?

You will be waiting a long time.
Old 01-16-2007, 12:21 PM
Atlantic City Race Course

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linny
The big question mark for me is giving Street Sense 2 starts. The other is the general vagueness about when/where the first one will be. It's all reminiscent of Private Vow last year.
Only that I think Street Sense is leaps and bounds ahead of where Private Vow ever stood in terms of talent -- which should be factored into the equation of how they may handle similar situations.
Old 01-16-2007, 12:22 PM
eurobounce

Quote:
You will be waiting a long time.
So you dont know. Basically, you know just as much as I do. Zito has no path for this horse, no plans, no direction at all. Why, I don't know. But it seems this horse is wasting away in Zito's barn.
Old 01-16-2007, 12:23 PM
eurobounce

Quote:
Originally Posted by brianwspencer
Only that I think Street Sense is leaps and bounds ahead of where Private Vow ever stood in terms of talent -- which should be factored into the equation of how they may handle similar situations.
I agree with you 100% on this.
Old 01-16-2007, 12:25 PM
Jerome Park

Quote:
So you dont know. Basically, you know just as much as I do. Zito has no path for this horse, no plans, no direction at all. Why, I don't know. But it seems this horse is wasting away in Zito's barn.

Hey, troll, don't put words in my mouth.

Who exactly do you think you are fooling around here?
Old 01-16-2007, 12:25 PM
Flemington

Quote:
Are we racing robotic horses now? Geez that sucks that someone isn't willing to ruin a horse for the whole year for the Derby.
Old 01-16-2007, 12:30 PM
eurobounce

Quote:
Hey, troll, don't put words in my mouth.

Who exactly do you think you are fooling around here?
I didnt put words in your mouth at all. But I can only assume you know as much as I do since that is what you are showing me.