Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Main Forum > The Paddock
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 10-15-2010, 03:51 PM
Churchill Downs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach Pants View Post
"A slap in the face"

He needs a punch to the face. A slap in the face doesn't cut it. Maybe a good punch in the throat when he starts with the excuses.
seriously? He needs a punch in the face? What did he do to deserve that?
Old 10-15-2010, 04:05 PM
Coach Pants

Quote:
Originally Posted by eajinabi View Post
seriously? He needs a punch in the face? What did he do to deserve that?
He earned you as a fan. That's enough for the guillotine.
Old 10-15-2010, 04:13 PM
Churchill Downs

Quote:
He earned you as a fan. That's enough for the guillotine.
Too bad your vote isnt counted when he goes to the HOF. What a shame!
Old 10-15-2010, 04:26 PM
Hialeah Park

Are there really people out there thinking that she somehow ISN'T going in the Classic? Anyone of the belief that she's not going needs to put their CLEAR disdain for the connections aside and remove their head from their a$$.

The Eagles have a better chance of winning the Super Bowl this year than her not going in that race.
"A person who saw no important difference between the fire outside a Neandrathal's cave and a working thermo-nuclear reactor might tell you that junk bonds and derivatives BOTH serve to energize capital"

- Nathan Israel
Old 10-15-2010, 04:30 PM
Coach Pants

Quote:
Originally Posted by eajinabi View Post
Too bad your vote isnt counted when he goes to the HOF. What a shame!
Well that's just devastating. Thank goodness we still have trainers that are competitive and don't base every decision they make on silly awards.
Old 10-15-2010, 04:33 PM
Fairgrounds

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indian Charlie View Post
This could be the beginning of them backing out of the BCC.
I'd say it is the middle.
Old 10-15-2010, 04:43 PM
Randwyck

Quote:
Well that's just devastating. Thank goodness we still have trainers that are competitive and don't base every decision they make on silly awards.
No they base every decision on sheet numbers...can't run em too often you know...there's a chance they might bounce.
Old 10-15-2010, 04:48 PM
The Curragh

Right now, Blind Luck deserves it more than Zenyatta.
Old 10-15-2010, 05:03 PM
Idlewild Airport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clip-Clop View Post
Right now, Blind Luck deserves it more than Zenyatta.
Yes
Old 10-15-2010, 05:39 PM
Randwyck

who cares.
Old 10-15-2010, 07:06 PM
Keeneland

What bothers me the most about Team Zenyatta is they think everyone has the horse racing acumen of Smooth Operator.

This is the team that was responsible for the travelling over the rockies comment earlier. Then Rail Trip was the highest mountain. Now regardless of her finish, in the race they coddled her for all year, she deserves HOY? Amazing.

HOY isn't some kind of lifetime achievement award. That's what the Hall of Fame is for and she'll be in there in due time. HOY is for the horse who has accomplished the most over the course of the year on the track. IMO a case could be made that even with a win in the Classic she doesn't deserve the award this year.

Anyone who doesn't think Team Zenyatta doesn't care about HOY is fooling themselves. They desperately want it, to fuel their own ego.
Old 10-15-2010, 09:24 PM
Oaklawn

So Sheriffs runs her through pretty much the same campaign for the 3rd year in a row (campaigns that didn't get her HOY the past two years) and he thinks it's a slap in the face if she DOESN'T win the award?
Old 10-15-2010, 09:39 PM
Turf Paradise

Quote:
Originally Posted by randallscott35 View Post
Wait so now she doesn't even have to win and she still would get it....The whole gang surrounding this horse couldn't be less likable if they tried.
Maybe you could see if you can beg RA out of retirement so Zenyatta could prove herself! I find it hilarious that a "true fan" of this sport finds "the whole gang surrounding ths horse couldn't be less likable if they tried." Really? We have a DYING sport starved for stars and Z is an undefeated star with a trainer and owner that do whatever is best for their mare. The same as any of us would do. Maybe she could be managed by someone MORE likable such as Assmussen, Pletcher, Sadler, Dutrow, Wolfson, etc, etc, etc...How can it not be refreshing when a super horse with a CLEAN trainer gets the accolades?
Old 10-15-2010, 09:42 PM
Idlewild Airport

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDank34 View Post
Maybe you could see if you can beg RA out of retirement so Zenyatta could prove herself! I find it hilarious that a "true fan" of this sport finds "the whole gang surrounding ths horse couldn't be less likable if they tried." Really? We have a DYING sport starved for stars and Z is an undefeated star with a trainer and owner that do whatever is best for their mare. The same as any of us would do. Maybe she could be managed by someone MORE likable such as Assmussen, Pletcher, Sadler, Dutrow, Wolfson, etc, etc, etc...How can it not be refreshing when a super horse with a CLEAN trainer gets the accolades?
LOL, maybe you've missed Moss' comments at the Eclipse awards or the games Shireffs has played with TVG regarding her future plans. She is Peppers Pride on synthetic. Which is wonderful.
Old 10-15-2010, 09:47 PM
The Curragh

Quote:
He has a big head thinking she should be horse of the year without winning the Classic. I don't see how anyone could like this trainer.

I agree that someone should punch him in the face.
Old 10-15-2010, 09:59 PM
Keeneland

I don't know if I agree that he isn't likeable. He seems like a pretty good guy. But he says some pretty dumb things when he is in front of reporters.
Old 10-15-2010, 10:21 PM
Dee Tee Stables

zenyatta doesn't deserve even being mentioned with HOY thus far this year. someone ask again after next month. even then...one tough race makes a year? someone tell volponi that. or tiznow. or super saver for that matter-he won't even get top 3 yo!
Old 10-16-2010, 12:37 AM
Sha Tin

Quote:
Originally Posted by somerfrost View Post
I agree, she's a once in a lifetime horse...best since the Bid and Big Red!
There is little evidence that she is the best horse racing this year.
Old 10-16-2010, 12:52 AM
Sha Tin

Quote:
I find it odd that people say this over and over and it couldnt be further from the truth. The sport is not starved for stars. In the last few years there have been quite a few "stars"; Smarty Jones, Big Brown, Curlin, RA, Zenyatta. Now they are only stars in the current climate because while very nice horses, their records dont stack up to the greats of yesteryear. However all got far more than the normal media coverage usually afforded to racehorses. Of course despite this and "all the good that Zenyatta" supposedly has done for rcing, the numbers continue to trend downwards.

And the idea that Zenyatta was campaigned on the cupcake tour for HER own good is laughable.

And I can't speak for anyone else there is zero chance that I would have not challenged her if I had the chance to choose her races.
Old 10-16-2010, 08:25 AM
Oaklawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cannon Shell View Post
There is little evidence that she is the best horse racing this year.
From past experiance I would say Somerfrost is as good a judge of a race horse as anyone here, he knows the differance from a 5K racer and a multipal grade 1 winner.

Which is more than some can say.