Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Main Forum > The Paddock
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 07-01-2010, 06:44 PM
Oaklawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by freddymo View Post
Yep Blame is packing them in at the turnstiles? Stubhub is crushed every time Blame's connections decide on his next race?
Seats at the Whitney were almost as high as Lady Gaga tickets.
Old 07-01-2010, 06:45 PM
Sha Tin

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerS View Post
What races should they be running in at this time of the year?

Are you saying they should be racing exclusively against males?

Was that a criteria for all fillies and mares of the past?

Has it occurred to you that connections of both know their horses and dont think they can withstand a campaign exclusively against males.

Did Personal Ensign have rigerous campaigns? Was Winning Colors run into the ground?

Dont mean to bombard with questions just think its a much more complex issue then is being made out to be. Holding these horses or their connections responsible for the trend in racing to less races is not really fair. Especially when you look at how often Rachel in particular ran last year.

Forget what I say. If they never run another race they go into the Hall of Fame. They are stars
This is laughable. This isnt complex, the connections make it complex. The industry isnt keeping these guys from running in top races and ducing each other (well i guess Monmouth would be complicit now). The idea that the sorry group of males is something to be feared is also laughable. It isn't as though we are asking them to run against Forgeo or Seattle Slew or Sunday Silence or Skip Away or just about anybody any good. Hell they cant even race against each other in filly races. What is your excuse for that?

Lady's Secret may have eventually been run into the ground but during the process of doing so she accomplished a hell of a lot against much rougher competition that these two cream puffs. And I keep wondering why Personal Ensign is being brought back into the conversation. There is a horse that absolutely didn't have to be brought back due to the fact she had her leg pinned back together. And because of that she had to have briefer campaigns than normal in her day. But of course we understood that back then because you know she had a bag full of screws in her leg. That would seem to be a touch more valid excuse than what we are being fed now.
Old 07-01-2010, 06:46 PM
Flemington

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indian Charlie View Post
RA lost pretty badly this year?

Did I miss a start where she ran up the track?

Or are you Smooth Operators meat puppet?
IC does she have to run up the track to get beat badly? She lost to 2 horse who both came back to get beat.... Enough said... Its not like the races she lost in came back KEY or anything, I would call them both pretty bad losses all things considered.
Old 07-01-2010, 06:47 PM
Oriental Park

Quote:
Let it go...MP is the talk of the racing community, in a good way, they moved quick, struck when the iron was hot, and got their whale
You're the one who should be struck with a hot iron.
Old 07-01-2010, 06:51 PM
Belmont Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmorioles View Post
I can imagine the windfall Monmouth is getting from all those extra $2 admission ticket sales.
Your just pissed you missed the Oaklawn boat...lol
Old 07-01-2010, 06:53 PM
Santa Anita

Quote:
Your just pissed you missed the Oaklawn boat...lol
I didn't, I sold several at a HUGE markup.
Old 07-01-2010, 06:53 PM
Super Mod.. and Super Fly

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerS View Post
It was a legitimate question. Dont see how its a straw man argument. Trying to get to heart of the matter. Are you saying is a question. You are saying is not.

Im asking what races should they be running in. Against who? Will assume you will give them both a pass on their first race of the year so which races should they have run in the last two?
Why are you going back in time? They're still running against cupcakes and it's their respective fourth races of the year. It was a straw man argument, because I said absolutely nothing to suggest they should be running exclusively against males. All I said is they've been on deck long enough this year, step into the box already.
Old 07-01-2010, 06:56 PM
Belmont Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by RolloTomasi View Post
You're the one who should be struck with a hot iron.
I can see if I can hook you up with a seat if you dont think you can score your own...maybe even slip you into the backstretch were the horsey are.. You will be able to see them in there stalls..maybe even as they are being feed and watered..lol If you have never seen a horse up close it could be a great experience maybe you could become a hotwalker?
Old 07-01-2010, 06:57 PM
Belmont Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmorioles View Post
I didn't, I sold several at a HUGE markup.
Now you are bragging...... embarrassing...Did you report the income?
Old 07-01-2010, 07:04 PM
Santa Anita

Quote:
Now you are bragging...... embarrassing...Did you report the income?
Not yet. Tax day is April 15th, 2011. I made much more selling extra Thunder playoff tickets. I'm almost an official ticket broker these days.
Old 07-01-2010, 07:04 PM
Washington Park

Does this make it a lock she won't race at Saratoga? A bit of a slap in the face of NYRA after all this insane coverage of her arrival yesterday no?

Or are the connections publicly pointing to this one to try and coax Zenyatta east (no detention barn at MTH, I get it) and then back out and go in the Ruffian if Z does NOT come east.

EDIT: The friggin Lady's Secret is an ungraded stake? Is the money really that important to the connections?

EDIT2: Okay there's a story here right? Someone at NYRA didn't bend over backwards for Jess and Co.? Monmouth is throwing in a dozen free Pro-V 1s? I can see if the race was similar but it's ungraded and will be against no one. Unless there's a deal in place that makes Zenyatta a part of this. Last edit sorry.

Last edited by XIIPointStables : 07-01-2010 at 07:13 PM. Reason: just re-read the DRF piece
Old 07-01-2010, 07:11 PM
Oriental Park

Quote:
I can see if I can hook you up with a seat if you dont think you can score your own...maybe even slip you into the backstretch were the horsey are.. You will be able to see them in there stalls..maybe even as they are being feed and watered..lol If you have never seen a horse up close it could be a great experience maybe you could become a hotwalker?
Let me guess, you've offered Monmouth your services in getting a rush job on some moth-eaten, surplus Fruit of the Loom factory reject undershirts screen printed with a Rachel Alexandra caricature in time for the race.
Old 07-01-2010, 07:13 PM
Sha Tin

Quote:
Originally Posted by XIIPointStables View Post
Does this make it a lock she won't race at Saratoga? A bit of a slap in the face of NYRA after all this insane coverage of her arrival yesterday no?

Or are the connections publicly pointing to this one to try and coax Zenyatta east (no detention barn at MTH, I get it) and then back out and go in the Ruffian if Z does NOT come east.

EDIT: The friggin Lady's Secret is an ungraded stake? Is the money really that important to the connections?
Maybe if NYRA creates a race for her, runs it on a Tuesday so she gets top billing, puts up half a million, writes the conditions so that no one else good can show up, waives the detention barn requirement, gets Byk to give Jackson an hour segment (Larry King style questions only) and guarantees that Andy doesnt pick against her.
Old 07-01-2010, 07:14 PM
Belmont Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by RolloTomasi View Post
Let me guess, you've offered Monmouth your services in getting a rush job on some moth-eaten, surplus Fruit of the Loom factory reject undershirts screen printed with a Rachel Alexandra caricature in time for the race.
it's a living.. My mom wanted me to be a Dr. until she realized my favoritemovie was drugstore cowboy
Old 07-01-2010, 07:16 PM
Belmont Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cannon Shell View Post
Maybe if NYRA creates a race for her, runs it on a Tuesday so she gets top billing, puts up half a million, writes the conditions so that no one else good can show up, waives the detention barn requirement, gets Byk to give Jackson an hour segment (Larry King style questions only) and guarantees that Andy doesnt pick against her.
NYRA dropped the ball PERIOD.. You ask the star for her must have list and you get the BS on it becuz it doesnt matter... NYRA thought the crystal and name would do well it didnt
Old 07-01-2010, 07:20 PM
Sha Tin

Quote:
NYRA dropped the ball PERIOD.. You ask the star for her must have list and you get the BS on it becuz it doesnt matter... NYRA thought the crystal and name would do well it didnt
The bloom is off the rose anyway.
Old 07-01-2010, 07:27 PM
Oriental Park

Quote:
it's a living.. My mom wanted me to be a Dr. until she realized my favoritemovie was drugstore cowboy
Nice try old man, nobody's buying it. I think Midnight Cowboy makes more sense for you.

Did you ever make it to Florida, Ratso?
Old 07-01-2010, 07:28 PM
Flemington

You would think these two horses would have faced each other multiple times by now, but no, NOT ONCE, yet the BS goes on and on, ad nauseam, forever linked in fantasy cyberspace. I've lost interest, and I like both horses.
Old 07-01-2010, 07:29 PM
Belmont Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cannon Shell View Post
The bloom is off the rose anyway.
Your 40k roses wuld love to come to see Rachel Bloom
Old 07-01-2010, 07:29 PM
Washington Park

Quote:
The hats, media coverage and Curlin Restaurant weren't enough????

And on the first Saturday of racing at the Spa.

I smell a firey edition of 'At the Races' tomorrow morning.