Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Main Forum > The Paddock
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Closed Thread

Old 07-08-2006, 05:06 PM
Arlington Park

Default Circular Quay

Maybe those people who criticized Oracle for the way he hyped this 2yo are satisfied now. He ran by some fairly decent colts today, and he didn't even start running until the last 1/2 furlong! His pedigree and his performances suggest he will like stretching out, and his first two races were VERY impressive for a horse who seems like he wants to go longer.
If he stays healthy I DEFINITELY like his chances in the big 2yo races in the late summer and fall.
Old 07-08-2006, 05:08 PM
oracle80

Default Any of you geniuses who fought with me/Circular Quay

Hey Bold Ruler and friends. Lemme tell you something. When Circular Quay broke his maiden only Sent To Stud apparently knows how to watch a race, cause hes the only guy who didnt toss cold water on this horse.
His win just now was one of the most incredible things I ever saw. This horse is the goods, and he will run all day. I don't care who debuts where and does what to who, as long as this horse is in training there won't be a two year old who will touch him. And how scary is it that he wants to go farther. I havent seen a two year old like this horse in over ten years. Its about time!!!
Old 07-08-2006, 05:10 PM
Arlington Park

I just started a thread that said basically the same thing (except for the fact that I also said I was very impressed with his debut). Wow this 2yo is just flat out scary.
Old 07-08-2006, 05:19 PM
deltaforce97

Did you also notice how Benny got blocked on the turn when he tried to make his first move up the rail? The fact that the Circular Quay didn't give up and kept trying was impressive, let alone the fact that he blitzed by everyone when he finally did get daylight. If he can really run all day long, he is going to be scary.
Old 07-08-2006, 05:20 PM
oracle80

Quote:
Originally Posted by deltaforce97
Did you also notice how Benny got blocked on the turn when he tried to make his first move up the rail? The fact that the Circular Quay didn't give up and kept trying was impressive, let alone the fact that he blitzed by everyone when he finally did get daylight. If he can really run all day long, he is going to be scary.
This horse is nothing short of awesome in not only his performances but his pedigree and running style that basically show that at the wire going this short he is just beginning to have fun out there. This horse is crazy good.
Old 07-08-2006, 05:20 PM
top predator.

remind me of his breeding, the heat has gotten to me today...
Old 07-08-2006, 05:21 PM
oracle80

Quote:
Originally Posted by paisjpq
remind me of his breeding, the heat has gotten to me today...
Thunder Gulch out of a Belong To Me mare named circle of life who placed in the the Ashland as a 3Yo.
Old 07-08-2006, 05:23 PM
Arlington Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by oracle80
Thunder Gulch out of a Belong To Me mare named circle of life who placed in the the Ashland as a 3Yo.
Circle of Life was also a G1 winner (The Spinaway)
Old 07-08-2006, 05:25 PM
top predator.

thank you thank you
Old 07-08-2006, 05:34 PM
oracle80

Quote:
thank you thank you
You HAVE to watch this replay. It will give you shivers. Trapped in behind horses in the stretch he just steers him to the rail, cant ride him or whip him, horse is on his own. Slips through a narrow opening and just explodes the last 50 yards. Just like his debut he was only getting warmed up. Galloped out a zillion lengths in front and was bone dry coming back, never even broke a sweat or took a deep breath.
Old 07-08-2006, 05:42 PM
top predator.

Quote:
You HAVE to watch this replay. It will give you shivers. Trapped in behind horses in the stretch he just steers him to the rail, cant ride him or whip him, horse is on his own. Slips through a narrow opening and just explodes the last 50 yards. Just like his debut he was only getting warmed up. Galloped out a zillion lengths in front and was bone dry coming back, never even broke a sweat or took a deep breath.
can't right now. my computer is running last in a 5k claimer and looking for a new job--won't let me watch any streaming video or check email, among other things. piece of sh*t.
Old 07-08-2006, 05:46 PM
top predator.

sounds impressive though...one more 2yo monster for TP.
Old 07-08-2006, 06:04 PM
Arlington Park

Quote:
sounds impressive though...one more 2yo monster for TP.
It was VERY impressive, and I don't think he is "one more" monster for Pletcher, I think he is THE monster.
Old 07-08-2006, 06:12 PM
Morris Park

This is a 2 y.o. to be reconned with. I think we won't see him as 3 really (just have a hard time believing it) because this may be THE 2 y.o. but boy I am enjoying this year with him.
Old 07-08-2006, 06:39 PM
Hialeah Park

Quote:
Hey Bold Ruler and friends. Lemme tell you something. When Circular Quay broke his maiden only Sent To Stud apparently knows how to watch a race, cause hes the only guy who didnt toss cold water on this horse.
His win just now was one of the most incredible things I ever saw. This horse is the goods, and he will run all day. I don't care who debuts where and does what to who, as long as this horse is in training there won't be a two year old who will touch him. And how scary is it that he wants to go farther. I havent seen a two year old like this horse in over ten years. Its about time!!!
I never said a bad thing about this one...certainly one to watch!
The story:

http://www.thoroughbredtimes.com/tod...64918&subsec=2

Thanks O and S2S for the heads up.
Old 07-08-2006, 06:41 PM
Formerly 'moodwalker'

He was trying to run off on the way back to the winner's circle, I was down on the turn at Churchill and you could hear Bejarano trying to get him to calm down. He looked pretty good guys
Old 07-08-2006, 06:57 PM
BellamyRd.

was able to get some pretty good picks of Quay
coming out of the paddock area
if I can figure out how to upload them
I'll post them on here, or make a link
I'm a fan, hope he's back in May
for a shot at the roses
Old 07-08-2006, 07:38 PM
Randwyck

Quote:
Originally Posted by miraja2
Maybe those people who criticized Oracle for the way he hyped this 2yo are satisfied now. He ran by some fairly decent colts today, and he didn't even start running until the last 1/2 furlong! His pedigree and his performances suggest he will like stretching out, and his first two races were VERY impressive for a horse who seems like he wants to go longer.
If he stays healthy I DEFINITELY like his chances in the big 2yo races in the late summer and fall.
You're sarcasm is unnecessary, Miraja. Do you think that those of us who disagreed with Oracle did so just out of spite? I'm sorry, but I remember those posts and there was absolutely nothing wrong with them. Oracle was raving about the potential greatness of a horse who had won one race -nothing wrong with that, of course (if you can't get excited about a talented baby, then the sport isn't for you), but some of us simply wanted to see more before calling him the second coming of.........(fill in the blank). If it's ok to go ga-ga about an inexperienced horse, then it's just as ok to be a bit skeptical.
Old 07-08-2006, 07:56 PM
Ak-Sar-Ben

This horse isn't even the best 2yr old in their barn. Scat Daddy is considered the better of the two.
Old 07-08-2006, 08:02 PM
Randwyck

I was in awe of this horse today.
Reminded me of Afleet Alex. Instant push-button acceleration. What a move down the stretch. No other 2-yo can make that kind of move at this stage.
I just hope that handle this horse very carefully and keep him healthy.
Right now, he's your favorite for the BC juvenile at Churchill.
Closed Thread