Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Main Forum > Joe Silverio Simulcast Center
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 08-24-2006, 12:13 PM
Washington Park

Default Toga Thursday

Okay, called off work cause frankly I'm not in the mood to do anything right now, just kinda depressed in a way, so I figured to do a little last second Toga capping...

R1 - Stupid jumpers

R2 - Seems like a bit of a battle between George Weaver's Belknap County who keeps to his preferred dirt surface after a lot of turf racing and Prideland, who won against similar last time out at Toga. However, I'm going to go with Motion & Velazquez with Lord of Midnight, 9/2 ML, who got a good freshener last time out and keeps Johnny V. aboard.

R3 - Strong race of juvenile fillies that frankly I cant make heads apart. Hate these kinds of races...hate em. I guess I'll lean to Leparoux and Becky's Flute at 9/2, but I'm not at all confident.

R4 - Previous horses that have run over the Toga turf seem to be doing best in longer distance turf races, so I'm leaning to Tobruk (7/2) here. A bit intrigued that they'd bring Ashotofjackanabeer down from Finger Lakes with a jockey, but who knows...

R5 - Uhhh, yeah....maybe Shoot the Bugler....

R6 - Sorta like Miss Shipley making her first start for John Kimmel and picks up Castellano. Ritvo's Bravo's Princess will be tough here too. I think its one of them, but not sure which...

R7 - I think Bucky's Prayer has as good of a chance as anyone. They ship in from Great Lakes and her turf races have been quite impressive for the most part. In fact, I really like that one more and more especially at 6/1.

R8 - Need to respect what Wildcat Bettie B has done, being a Grade 1 winner, but I'll go against. I cant see Original Spin putting together two in a row like that and I'm quite privy to Cherokee Jewel at 5/1 ML who should do her running from a bit farther back under Eibar Coa.

R9 - Tough race. Noticiable lack of pace here and I think that Spanish Spur is likeliest at 6/1 if he is back and healthy. Has been working well and ran his career best at Toga. His last race got him in shape, and this one should get him into the circle.

Sorry for a half assed, half hearted effort, just really not in the mood....

I cant believe what a bunch of nerds we are. We're looking up money laundering in the dictionary.

www.myspace.com/dustinfabian

Last edited by 1st_Saturday_in_May : 08-24-2006 at 12:32 PM.
Old 08-24-2006, 12:17 PM
Santa Anita

Good Luck dude!