Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Triple Crown Topics/Archive..
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 05-05-2012, 07:58 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by slotdirt View Post
That was Daddy Long Legs. Take Charge Inypdy had some issues in the stretch, and I wouldn't doubt it if he came back injured.
Daddy Long Legs and Trinniberg are a joint entry for the stupidest placement of very good horses in Derby history.

An obvious high class sprinter and obvious high class turf horse who both were certain be beaten 30 or more lengths going in.
Old 05-05-2012, 08:05 PM
Coach Pants

Poor Bodemeister on the rail. Mike Smith wtf?
Old 05-05-2012, 08:06 PM
Oriental Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach Pants View Post
Poor Bodemeister on the rail. Mike Smith wtf?
I agree, when he broke on top he should have wrangled the horse back to midpack and sat off the speed from the inside, where do these guys learn to ride. They really should be listening to us!
Old 05-05-2012, 08:09 PM
Oriental Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calzone Lord View Post
Daddy Long Legs and Trinniberg are a joint entry for the stupidest placement of very good horses in Derby history.

An obvious high class sprinter and obvious high class turf horse who both were certain be beaten 30 or more lengths going in.
Its one race, and while Trinn definitely played a role in the outcome I dont see the point in not running, they can run in another race next month.........or next August if trained by Pletcher/Frankel.
Old 05-05-2012, 08:12 PM
Atlantic City Race Course

At least Trinniberg was caught by the finish line camera. Daddy Long Legs never even made it that far.
Old 05-05-2012, 08:39 PM
Jerome Park

I thought Smith rode perfectly and DrugS's point the other day, about Smith being very good at letting good horses do what they do best, was extremely astute, and proved prescient.
Old 05-05-2012, 09:15 PM
Arlington Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indian Charlie View Post
What happened to Take Charge Indy? Was he that horse that backed up dramatically down the backside?

If I didn't know better, I'd guess FukTardHen bet him.
Possible left front problem. Being sent for x-rays. Story up on bloodhorse.com .
Old 05-05-2012, 10:54 PM

Did anyone happen to catch Lava Man's act? I didn't see it but I heard he was acting up and needed a pony himself. It's kinda funny when you think about it. One of the main reasons people discounted I'll Have Another's chances were because of O'Neill's record outside of California, with Lava Man being the poster child when it comes to argument. Funny that on a day that Lava Man proves again that he doesn't ship well, O'Neill wins the big one.
Manila, Java Gold, Alysheba, Sunday Silence, Go for Wand, In Excess, Paseana, Kotashaan, Holy Bull, Cigar, Alphabet Soup, Formal Gold, Skip Away, Artax, Tiznow, Point Given, Azeri, Candy Ride, Smarty Jones, Ghostzapper, Invasor, Curlin, Zenyatta, Zenyatta, Goldikova, Havre de Grace, Wise Dan, Wise Dan, California Chrome, American Pharoah, Arrogate, Gun Runner, Accelerate, Maximum Security, Gamine
Old 05-05-2012, 10:54 PM
Coach Pants

The only problem I have with the ride is the rail was still a little dead. If Bode is in the same path Shackleford was in then he holds on.
Old 05-06-2012, 12:40 AM
helicopter11

If Patrick Valenzuela had not "retired" from racing late 2011, what were the chances of he getting the mount on I'll have Another. Since J Paul Reddam is the President of Cash Call and P. Val is the walking,talking bilboard for them. 3 crooks in the winner circle
Old 05-06-2012, 12:44 AM
Coach Pants

Quote:
Originally Posted by helicopter11 View Post
If Patrick Valenzuela had not "retired" from racing late 2011, what were the chances of he getting the mount on I'll have Another. Since J Paul Reddam is the President of Cash Call and P. Val is the walking,talking bilboard for them. 3 crooks in the winner circle
Yeah it's outstanding a loan shark won the derby. Fortunately that fat hack for the times won't report that.
Old 05-06-2012, 12:59 AM
Sheepshead Bay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach Pants View Post
Yeah it's outstanding a loan shark won the derby. Fortunately that fat hack for the times won't report that.
Aside from the jockey angle, the rest of the connections are puke-inducing. Drug O'Neill and his slimy, toad-like owner. Actually I wish somebody "mainstream" would focus on it, since sleazes like these get excused away among "horse people". Hell, they are upper-crust.
Old 05-06-2012, 06:49 AM

Four times O'Neill has had horses test positive for milkshaking. Four! Like I said yesterday, it will be fun reading the NYT's next expose on racing; the Derby may have done their writing for them.
Old 05-06-2012, 09:37 AM
The Curragh

HRTV's Jon White had the winner pegged, if he is on the air today over/under on how many times he mentions it?
Old 05-06-2012, 09:48 AM
Oaklawn

Of all the races yesterday, I particularly enjoyed everyone letting proven, wire-to-wire race stealer Little Mike just completely walk on the lead without any opposition at all. In fact, it also happened in the American Turf on Friday.
Old 05-06-2012, 09:56 AM
Belmont Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rileyoriley View Post
Possible left front problem. Being sent for x-rays. Story up on bloodhorse.com .
Bone chip in left front - surgery next week prognosis good expect back under tack 60 days...per byrne
Old 05-06-2012, 10:03 AM
Oriental Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by slotdirt View Post
Four times O'Neill has had horses test positive for milkshaking. Four! Like I said yesterday, it will be fun reading the NYT's next expose on racing; the Derby may have done their writing for them.
Sounds like he fits right in to me.
Old 05-06-2012, 11:15 AM
Havre de Grace

Matz had some pretty pointed remarks about Union Rags' trip this morning when Caton Bredar interviewed him. Perhaps he's beginning to realize that Julien Leparoux is a TERRIBLE fit for that horse.
Old 05-06-2012, 11:17 AM

I don't get the Belmont for Rags. I would be Preakness or bust if I were them and really itching to run in another Triple Crown event.
Old 05-06-2012, 11:21 AM
Goodwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by NTamm1215 View Post
Matz had some pretty pointed remarks about Union Rags' trip this morning when Caton Bredar interviewed him. Perhaps he's beginning to realize that Julien Leparoux is a TERRIBLE fit for that horse.
Which horse exactly would be a good fit for Lepeaux? Silky Sullivan? Rapido Dom (a Silky Sullivan type from Canada and Socal in the 80s)?