Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Dee Tee Stables
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 10-16-2010, 08:12 AM
Steve Byk

Default 10/23 (BEL): Ausable Chasm (Maid of the Mist)

Off of her nice Thursday breeze (:36.1) in blinkers, AUSABLE CHASM is a possible entrant in next Saturday's New York Showcase Day Maid of the Mist (7f) for 2yo fillies. Gary will see how she is doing into Wednesday and make an entry decision at that point. Frankly, there are no other races presently for our Hook and Ladder miss, so if she is feeling good, she will most likely run.

FROM NYRA COMMUNICATIONS DEPT. NY SHOWCASE DAY PRESS RELEASE FRIDAY: In the Maid of the Mist, several impressive maiden winners – Upper East Sider, Sentimental Lass and Hessonite – will likely square off against the 1-2 finishers from the Friendly Beauty on September 23, Saltamontes and Queen’s Harbor. Also expected are Ausable Chasm, Floating Alone, Lady Vi, Readygetsgold, and possibly Social Statement.

Last edited by Kasept : 10-16-2010 at 12:00 PM.
Old 10-20-2010, 12:34 PM
Steve Byk

4th (2:35) Maid of the Mist S.

7 Furlongs | Fillies | 2 Year Olds Stakes | Purse: $100,000

1 1 Sentimental Lass Maragh R Duggan David P 116 L 5-2
2 2 Floating Alone Velasquez C Bush Thomas M 116 L 12-1
3 3 Readygetsgold Hill C Bush Thomas M 116 L 20-1
4 4 Queen's Harbor Castellano J J Violette, Jr. R A 116 L 10-1
5 5 Ausable Chasm Castro E Sciacca Gary 116 L 30-1
6 6 Upper East Sider Samyn J L Kelly Patrick J 116 L 6-1
7 7 Saltamontes Dominguez R A Rodriguez Rudy R 120 L 2-1
8 8 Lady Vi Lezcano J Serpe Philip M 122 L 12-1
9 9 Hessonite Velazquez J R Donk David 116 L 8-1
10 10 Social Statement Cohen D Albertrani Thomas 116 L 12-1

Exacta, Quinella, Trifecta, Super (.10), Pick 3 Races (4-6), Daily Double Wagers

Last edited by Kasept : 10-22-2010 at 05:24 PM.
Old 10-20-2010, 12:41 PM
Hollywood Park

How very exciting!! I have been haunting the NYRA site for entries. Will be heading to Belmont on Saturday morning!
Old 10-20-2010, 12:52 PM
Steve Byk

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuffolkGirl View Post
How very exciting!! I have been haunting the NYRA site for entries. Will be heading to Belmont on Saturday morning!
Like the previous stake, it's again a good group and tough spot. But there's no sign of any NYB 2yo ALW's any time soon, and she's doing well.
Old 10-20-2010, 01:00 PM
Hollywood Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kasept View Post
Like the previous stake, it's again a good group and tough spot. But there's no sign of any NYB 2yo ALW's any time soon, and she's doing well.

and hopefully the juice supply has dried up
Old 10-21-2010, 06:22 AM
Randwyck

Good luck, Zinger. Now don't you go hurting yourself again. We'll be screaming for you at OTB.

"Be daring, be different, be impractical, be anything that will assert integrity of purpose and imaginative vision against the play-it-safers, the creatures of the commonplace, the slaves of the ordinary.” Cecil Beaton
Old 10-21-2010, 11:59 AM
Oaklawn

AC. 30-1 morning line.
Old 10-22-2010, 09:00 AM
Randwyck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heels1989 View Post
AC. 30-1 morning line.
I'll do 5-10-15. Just come home safe and sound, pretty girl.

"Be daring, be different, be impractical, be anything that will assert integrity of purpose and imaginative vision against the play-it-safers, the creatures of the commonplace, the slaves of the ordinary.” Cecil Beaton
Old 10-22-2010, 09:20 AM
Randwyck

Best of luck to Ausable Chasm and everyone involved.
Old 10-22-2010, 09:42 AM
Idlewild Airport

She's hitting the board.
Old 10-22-2010, 03:08 PM
Randwyck

Quote:
Originally Posted by randallscott35 View Post
She's hitting the board.
OK - on your word, I'll do 6-12-24.

Old 10-22-2010, 04:22 PM
Newmarket

I'll do my usual DT play, use her "on top" & "backwheeled" in the exacta

......with a few bucks WPS

http://www.hickoryhillhoff.blogspot.com/
Old 10-23-2010, 07:21 AM
Hollywood Park

Looks like it's going to be a beautiful day here in New York. Safe trip to Ausable and best of luck to the Dee Tee'rs.
Old 10-23-2010, 07:46 AM
Monmouth Park

Good luck DT's Safe trip Steve!
Old 10-23-2010, 11:01 AM
Steve Byk

Serpe has SCR'd Lady Vi, who had a dangerous look to her, from the Maid of the Mist.
Old 10-23-2010, 03:13 PM
Randwyck

Not a good race for our girl today. Hope she's okay - 8th out of 9. I never made it over to OTB - I'm really under the weather and can barely sit up straight.

Next time, Zinger!

Old 10-23-2010, 04:56 PM
Steve Byk

A lousy result for us today but was certainly worth trying. Came out generally OK. Did catch herself on both hinds but otherwise unharmed. Was very eager early and fought Eddie a bit; seemed to settle moving inside down the backstretch and approaching the turn; Was unresponsive nearing the top of the stretch and packed it in when sawed off by the horse that came inside her and Castro stood up on her. Didn't come back particularly winded or tired either. More in the morning after the bandages come off...
Old 10-23-2010, 09:50 PM
Hollywood Park

A beatiful day at Belmont. Not a great resultt for our girl. I visited the barn afterwards and she was all bandaged up. Rosemary, as usual, was doting on her as if she had won. All of the horses looked great and Lloyd was his usual spunky self. Thanks to all who make this happen and happy anniversary to Gary, wish we had a win photo as a present!