Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Sports Bar & Grill
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 06-06-2008, 10:43 PM
Flemington

Default LOL

UMP got a call (at 1st base) so wrong that Vin Scully was laughing like Santa Claus. Fukodome couldn't believe it. That's the crew chief, too. I don't know how they miss calls like that one.
Old 06-06-2008, 10:46 PM
Sha Tin

Hu!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 06-06-2008, 11:10 PM
Saratoga

Worst called strike ever right there. Kent is so hilarious
Old 06-07-2008, 01:13 AM
Flemington

Was that the same pitcher that the Mets easily beat last Sunday Night? Congrats to you ,Scavs. You got to see the best Dodger pitching effort all year.
Old 06-07-2008, 08:35 AM
"The Kentucky Killing Machine"

hey scuds with a lot of help your team finally sacked up and won one!! congrats
Old 06-07-2008, 08:54 AM
Hippodrome Bluebonnets

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCUDSBROTHER
UMP got a call (at 1st base) so wrong that Vin Scully was laughing like Santa Claus. Fukodome couldn't believe it. That's the crew chief, too. I don't know how they miss calls like that one.
He needs to shed the freakin blinkers, that was a horrible call not even close!
Old 06-07-2008, 03:45 PM
Flemington

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoovesupsideyourhead
hey scuds with a lot of help your team finally sacked up and won one!! congrats
I'd say Kuroda sacked up. The other guys still only got 3 runs. They aren't going anywhere. We got an announcer, and a stadium.
Old 06-07-2008, 05:03 PM
Flemington

This is the way they do, man. They tease like this here. They look(like today) like they want to do something, but then they go on the road n' don't hit at all. Bunch of teasing-ho types.
Old 06-07-2008, 05:06 PM
Flemington

LOL...ZAMBRANO acting like a child. That's too funny. If you give up a bomb to KEMP, then you threw a bad pitch. I guarantee that. I'd say Lou let ya stay in a lil too long.
Old 06-07-2008, 07:13 PM
Morris Park

Default gettin' well

I went last night. It was packed with the customary cub fans and the far more interesting Japanese tourists. First complete shutout for the Dodgers in 3 years and before you get too excited the last one was thrown by Weaver I found out today. Kuroda had 11 k's and looked like he found another gear.

In re: to Kemp. The guy, while he may fall short of the super star status many have proclaimed the past few years, is going to be at the very least a solid player for a long time. He's batting ..303 with 10 SB and 32 RBI's (tied for the team lead with Loney). Underachieving considering his physical gifts? Maybe..... but not exactly our biggest problem at the moment.

Agreed on Big Z. What a clown.
Its been a pleasure to see a few pompous ones fall hard today. Schadenfreude never felt so righteous.
Old 06-07-2008, 07:51 PM
Flemington

Quote:
Originally Posted by goingtothewhip
I went last night. It was packed with the customary cub fans and the far more interesting Japanese tourists. First complete shutout for the Dodgers in 3 years and before you get too excited the last one was thrown by Weaver I found out today. Kuroda had 11 k's and looked like he found another gear.

In re: to Kemp. The guy, while he may fall short of the super star status many have proclaimed the past few years, is going to be at the very least a solid player for a long time. He's batting ..303 with 10 SB and 32 RBI's (tied for the team lead with Loney). Underachieving considering his physical gifts? Maybe..... but not exactly our biggest problem at the moment.

Agreed on Big Z. What a clown.
Its been a pleasure to see a few pompous ones fall hard today. Schadenfreude never felt so righteous.

Zambrano is pretty funny. He even tried to kick a fair ball foul today. I wonder if the Cub Fans ever get tired of seeing that raving mental patient out there. I don't think I would get tired of it. He is pretty good. Ran out of gas ( bad calls going against ya can make ya throw some mistakes.)

As far as Kemp goes, I'd love to see him progress. I just see a guy that can only hit mistakes. He crushes them, but they're still mistakes. Look AT THE FACTS, O.K.? Last Monday, he had a home run and 2 doubles. Then he strikes out 5 times in the next 2 games. He struck out with the game on the line Thursday Night. Wood has decent stuff. He rarely can hit a good pitch. Today he hit a mediocre pitch into left field, and then he hit a high fastball off a very tired Zambrano. These aren't talented hitters. If they were, then they would be 10 games above .500, because the pitching has been good enough(and would have been much better if they had good run support.) I'll say this much: If Kemp breaks just 1 bat a week( over his thigh,) then I can easily overlook his inability to hit well against good pitching.
Old 06-07-2008, 08:16 PM
Morris Park

Well I agree with you completely on his at bat Thursday against Wood. Goes to 2-0 with the bases loaded and the tieing run on 3rd and he swings at a fastball thats eye level that was without a doubt ball 3. 3-0 in that situation is the "catbird" seat as Jerry Bailey would say.

I think he's still green, but has really improved recently with the occasional regression that we saw on thursday....granted in the worst place imaginable. So in that regard I see your point about him showing signs of lacking mental faculties in the clutch.
Old 06-07-2008, 08:44 PM
Sha Tin

Quote:
Well I agree with you completely on his at bat Thursday against Wood. Goes to 2-0 with the bases loaded and the tieing run on 3rd and he swings at a fastball thats eye level that was without a doubt ball 3. 3-0 in that situation is the "catbird" seat as Jerry Bailey would say.

I think he's still green, but has really improved recently with the occasional regression that we saw on thursday....granted in the worst place imaginable. So in that regard I see your point about him showing signs of lacking mental faculties in the clutch.
I still dont think mental faculties have nearly as much to do with it as his inability to hit anything that curves. I cant figure out why anybody ever throws him a fastball over the plate
Old 06-07-2008, 08:46 PM
Oriental Park

When I saw LOL I thought this thread had to be about the Indians bullpen
Old 06-07-2008, 09:00 PM
Sha Tin

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Bid
When I saw LOL I thought this thread had to be about the Indians bullpen
There is nothing funny about the indians bullpen. rated XXX
Old 06-07-2008, 10:10 PM
Flemington

Quote:

I would sure tell ya if I saw him improve at the things he is struggling with. What I have seen is da youngsta get even better at doing the things he was already pretty good at. The reason the Dodgers struggle is they don't have any reliable hitting against decent teams. They are pretty reliant on whatever generosity they can get from a pitcher. When the Dodgers are on the road, the home pitchers are naturally more comfortable against them. That's when pitchers can be very tough. They simply aren't going to hit that type of pitching. I am not a huge stat person, but I do know Kemp is hitting whatever bad pitching he gets. Lowe and Kuroda have shown signs of being on the crest of really good pitching. If they can quickly get Furcal back, they have a shot at putting something together. They don't have enough reliable hitting to compete for anything past the division. In the past 2 weeks they've lost about 7 games due to a lack of hitting. 4 games against the Cubs....2 against the Rocks...1 against the Mets...Those were all close low-scoring games. Broxton and Saito have been suspect too, but Saito wouldn't have lost those games if he had more than a tie or 1 run to work with. Can't say the same for that f'n Broxton. You could have a 6 run lead, and that loser would tighten up and keep throwing fat breaking pitches down the center. That's an unreliable cow.
Old 06-07-2008, 11:03 PM
Morris Park

Default moo

Lol. It should come as no surprise to you that I also like Broxton alot. He has had some rough games lately, but he is our closer of the future whether you like it or not. Once he gets 'touched' as of late...he falls apart. It's a confidence issue. His "stuff" is undeniable.

Both Broxton and Billingsley dont appear to have human legs. A Centaur comes to mind. I was hoping CannonShell would comment on their confirmation.
Old 06-07-2008, 11:32 PM
Oriental Park

The Indians have called Doug Jones about coming out of retirement.
Old 06-07-2008, 11:36 PM
Hialeah Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Bid
The Indians have called Doug Jones about coming out of retirement.
Man...I really can't believe what is going on in the Central.
Old 06-07-2008, 11:40 PM
Oriental Park

I cant either. I cant take much more of Miguel Cabrera in my fantasy league, Im going to have to drop that stiff.

The central is just a mess and all the teams look horrible