Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Esoteric Central
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 07-24-2006, 08:15 PM
5'8".. but all man!

Default Wow..incredible night

I just spent a couple hours having dinner with a gentleman that is a Colonel in the Israeli Military. My girlfriend tutors his two sons and has helped the whole family with their English in the year that they have been here. He and his family are here because he is working with the Joint Forces Command.

I don't follow world politics as much as I should. I inquired about the current situation involving Israel and Lebanon and he was kind enough to explain to me everything that is going on over there. Now that I have a better understanding as to what is transpiring, I will begin to pay a bit more attention. Just a really neat evening hearing everything from someone like him.
Old 07-24-2006, 08:21 PM
boldruler

Quote:
Originally Posted by GPK
I just spent a couple hours having dinner with a gentleman that is a Colonel in the Israeli Military. My girlfriend tutors his two sons and has helped the whole family with their English in the year that they have been here. He and his family are here because he is working with the Joint Forces Command.

I don't follow world politics as much as I should. I inquired about the current situation involving Israel and Lebanon and he was kind enough to explain to me everything that is going on over there. Now that I have a better understanding as to what is transpiring, I will begin to pay a bit more attention. Just a really neat evening hearing everything from someone like him.
Interesting. He should have thanked you because you tax dollar pays his for his military.
Old 07-24-2006, 08:46 PM
Bold Brooklynite

Quote:
Originally Posted by boldruler
Interesting. He should have thanked you because you tax dollar pays his for his military.
No, GPK ... your tax dollar pays for your freedom and safety ... and all of ours.
Old 07-24-2006, 09:13 PM
5'8".. but all man!

It was a wonderful experience...He started with a great deal of the past and led up to the current events as we know them now.
Old 07-24-2006, 10:13 PM
Santa Anita

That really would have been an interesting talk to listen to. I would have been fascinated just listening to the guy.
Old 07-25-2006, 08:20 AM
5'8".. but all man!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffymommy
That really would have been an interesting talk to listen to. I would have been fascinated just listening to the guy.
I was very fascinated last night Erica. I will be paying more attention to what is going on over there now, especially since I am a little more aware as to what it is all about.
Old 07-25-2006, 08:57 PM
Monmouth Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by GPK

Kev one of my wifes cousins was also a Colonel in the Israeli army.When we went to visit in 1999 he took us on a tour.I was at the gate of the Israel-Lebanon border and in fact he wanted to see if he could to the other side.I know i have a picture of me standing there.He took me on a tour of the Golan Heights that only a man who knew where he was going could.He took me through bunkers and just kept on explaining things to me.For lunch we went to a restaurant that was owned by arabs and they treated him like a king.There son is in special forces.My wifes other cousin lives in Haifa and for the first time in there lives they have left the city.We finally got hold of them and they are in Tel-Aviv.There oldest son whose wife and him had a baby was recalled and is somewhere in Lebanon at an undisclosed location.Needless to say his wife is a basket case.We have told them if it ever got too bad to pack up the family and come to the states and stay with us.It's an amazing country with so much history and if it ever gets to be safe there again it's a place that should be seen at least once.