Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Main Forum > The Paddock
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 06-10-2009, 07:15 PM
Jerome Park

I suppose it may have been part of a much larger play. Otherwise, it was a very randomly lucky win.
Old 06-10-2009, 11:15 PM
Hialeah Park

I really think if you look at it as an AAACAA ticket it isn't that illogical. Fab Strike was reasonable as a single. I wanted nothing to do with Diamondrella on the stretchout but with Penna as hot as he was I can understand the play. Raw Silk was my top choice there and I played against Forever Together in everything. The third leg pretty much comes down to that he thought Munnings ran a huge race last out and so did Hull. Certainly not my opinion on the race but still a possible conclusion. In the fourth leg there is no reasonable explanation except that it was a backup ticket and I think people are getting too caught up on that leg and not recognizing that it could have been a backup. The fifth leg was a wide open race that he got lucky on and picked reasonable horses. The sixth race was a calculated move to use the two most obvious horses aside from Mine that Bird. It looks like a clear cut AAACAA ticket to me that he nailed which was hardly some schmuck like myself lucking into a huge P6 on $96.
Old 06-10-2009, 11:56 PM
Fairgrounds

Nice score. The question is, if you do it at home on YouBet does it count?
Old 06-11-2009, 12:12 AM
The Curragh

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucklestheclown
Nice score. The question is, if you do it at home on YouBet does it count?
Why would it not count?

Not like the guy/gal was on Bodog.
Old 06-11-2009, 12:16 AM
Fairgrounds

If a tree falls in the forest does it still make a sound? That's what I meant.
Old 06-11-2009, 12:38 AM
Goodwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by SniperSB23
I really think if you look at it as an AAACAA ticket it isn't that illogical. Fab Strike was reasonable as a single. I wanted nothing to do with Diamondrella on the stretchout but with Penna as hot as he was I can understand the play. Raw Silk was my top choice there and I played against Forever Together in everything. The third leg pretty much comes down to that he thought Munnings ran a huge race last out and so did Hull. Certainly not my opinion on the race but still a possible conclusion. In the fourth leg there is no reasonable explanation except that it was a backup ticket and I think people are getting too caught up on that leg and not recognizing that it could have been a backup. The fifth leg was a wide open race that he got lucky on and picked reasonable horses. The sixth race was a calculated move to use the two most obvious horses aside from Mine that Bird. It looks like a clear cut AAACAA ticket to me that he nailed which was hardly some schmuck like myself lucking into a huge P6 on $96.
I thought Dixie was the easiest favorite in the sequence to toss. At least of the heavily bet ones anyways. Tossing Forever Together was nuts. The only way I see someone tossing her is the hope her wet turf form holds.
Old 06-11-2009, 12:50 AM
Hialeah Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indian Charlie
I thought Dixie was the easiest favorite in the sequence to toss. At least of the heavily bet ones anyways. Tossing Forever Together was nuts. The only way I see someone tossing her is the hope her wet turf form holds.
I thought she was very beatable on the wet turf. I played Caribbean Sunset, Captain's Lover, Modern Look, and Raw Silk and it backfired. But to play her at even money on the wet turf was nuts to me.
Old 06-11-2009, 12:55 AM
Goodwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by SniperSB23
I thought she was very beatable on the wet turf. I played Caribbean Sunset, Captain's Lover, Modern Look, and Raw Silk and it backfired. But to play her at even money on the wet turf was nuts to me.
I agree playing her to win was stupid (both turf races were unplayable), but to toss her from your p6? I'd have been far more surprised by a win from either JWD or This Ones For Phil than I would have from FT.
Old 06-11-2009, 12:57 AM
Hialeah Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indian Charlie
I agree playing her to win was stupid (both turf races were unplayable), but to toss her from your p6? I'd have been far more surprised by a win from either JWD or This Ones For Phil than I would have from FT.
Who knows what his other tickets were? He could have had her as a B or C or just chose to completely play against her.
Old 06-11-2009, 05:13 AM
Tropical Park

No offense to anyone, but it appears to me that this person just chose the horses he or she liked in each leg, irrespective of the morning line.

Too many people try to drill this game down to DNA like analysis.

If you are finding yourself unable to ever play a ticket like that, you should never play the pick 6 unless you have very deep pockets. You have to be willing to get beat by low priced horses in the pick 6. Otherwise, you'll just be chasing small payouts without any chance of really winning, which, in and of itself, defeats the reason for playing a pick 6.
Old 06-11-2009, 05:15 AM
Jerome Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucklestheclown
If a tree falls in the forest does it still make a sound? That's what I meant.

The cash makes a huge noise.
Old 06-11-2009, 05:59 PM
Narragansett Park

Sounds like the Drexel boys are back
Old 06-12-2009, 10:17 AM
Oaklawn

Congrats to the winner. Unbelievable score on such a small ticket.