Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Triple Crown Topics/Archive..
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 02-06-2009, 10:04 PM
Ellis Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaTH716
I'm from NY and I like it. You ever hear the phrase "less is more". It's a very clean, sharp logo. The NY skyline and the tree that represents Belmont. What else would you want?
Perhaps a horse? Without a horse it could be a logo for "Belmont Tree of Life Vitamins"
"We are buried beneath the weight of information, which is being confused with knowledge; quantity is being confused with abundance and wealth with happiness. We are monkeys with money and guns. " ~ Tom Waits
Old 02-06-2009, 10:58 PM
Oaklawn

well, we all are giving our opinions, i think the 2007 log is more to the season
and has a jockey-horse to represent the race, along with the right colors.
Old 02-06-2009, 11:13 PM
Super Mod.. and Super Fly

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaTH716
I'm from NY and I like it. You ever hear the phrase "less is more". It's a very clean, sharp logo. The NY skyline and the tree that represents Belmont. What else would you want?
I agree re: less is more, though I think he has a point about the dreary colors. A brighter tone to reflect when the race is run would be nice. Maybe they're just trying to make everyone forget how freaking hot it was last year.
Old 02-06-2009, 11:19 PM
Keeneland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Echo Farm
Perhaps a horse? Without a horse it could be a logo for "Belmont Tree of Life Vitamins"
"Hidden Oaks", a new subdivision being built just outside the city. "Relaxed rural living, city amenities at your fingertips"

I prefer it when the image on a horse racing poster instantly makes anybody looking at it (not just long-time fans) realize it's about horse racing.
"Have the clean racing people run any ads explaining that giving a horse a Starbucks and a chocolate poppyseed muffin for breakfast would likely result in a ten year suspension for the trainer?" - Dr. Andrew Roberts
Old 02-06-2009, 11:36 PM
Aqueduct

I'm afraid that most non New York horse players would not know the significance of this logo's symbolism.

At first glance I thought it was a giant moose in search of some big apples.

Hey it is a one year logo..............it hardly matters.
Old 02-07-2009, 06:55 AM
Flemington

Quote:
Originally Posted by Echo Farm
Yeah your right no one knows that the Belmont Stakes is a horse race. They really need a horse in it. Look at this one I found for a bowling alley in Detroit with extra large lanes opening on Feb. 5th.

Last edited by MaTH716 : 02-07-2009 at 12:07 PM.
Old 02-07-2009, 08:26 AM
Ellis Park

6 years of Belmont logos.

Quite a variety
"We are buried beneath the weight of information, which is being confused with knowledge; quantity is being confused with abundance and wealth with happiness. We are monkeys with money and guns. " ~ Tom Waits