Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Main Forum > Equine Health, Retirement & Aftercare
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 12-09-2011, 08:47 PM
Pimlico

Thank you MMSC
Your effort is appreciated
m

It's the Horse, stupid

John Henry 1975-2007 You Will Be Missed
Old 12-09-2011, 11:08 PM
Sheepshead Bay

Quote:
Originally Posted by freddymo View Post
Thank you for reminding me they are horses, 1200 pounds of beast.. What's next the sea scallop thread or maybe the berkshire pig thread or perhaps the ground hog thread.. Dios MIO

I have been inspired. Give me a day or so Freddy and I will get a list of all of their names.

http://www.whatsontianjin.com/news-1...-with-oil.html
Old 12-10-2011, 12:55 PM
Flemington

Quote:
Originally Posted by my miss storm cat View Post
I just wrote out this very long thing and was about to click submit but am not going to bother.

This is the line I really want to comment on.

So yeah... instead of saying anything at all about that first post of yours I just want to explain.

Random horses.

That is one of the main points... for them not to be random this one time. I don't know why that's so hard to understand or why, most years, someone has to have a big problem with it.

Of course it doesn't help their owners or anyone. It's not intended to. I'd have to be a horrible person to presume to think such a thing.

I'm just trying to show respect and thanks and lay it out for people who might not realize that this horse or that horse is gone and who might choose to remember them in some small way.

I'm sorry that that always seems to be offensive to someone. I will never understand that.

Oh and those of you who get it? Thank you. It's nice to read your memories and quotes and to know that some of you understand the point here.
Perhaps not for everyone, but sometimes the most random horse can bring you the greatest thrills and fun at the track and no longer become random, but a horse and/or race that you will remember forever.

Thank you for including the links for various charities. When you think of the many hours a year that each of us spend enjoying this wonderful sport, I hope many find a way to give back. No matter how little.
Old 12-10-2011, 03:43 PM
Dee Tee Stables

Quote:
Originally Posted by freddymo View Post
Anyone been to Luger's Morton's Ruths Chris? How about Outback or your favorite BBQ.. There animals we eat them YUM..

You guys crack me up especilly the guy/gal with 3 pretty horsey in the paddock. Dont you guys remember the little house on the Praire episode when Michael landon had to shoot the family horse because the snow storm had them WITHOUT food..Half Pint was so upset she became a sleazy bi sexual slut.. Yum Melissa gilbert not the horse stew

yep, we eat them. i guess when horses are relegated to the menu you'll have a point.
Old 12-20-2011, 10:40 AM
Santa Anita

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fpBsIZu8ln4
Old 01-03-2012, 11:56 AM
Santa Anita

BloodHorse slideshow:

"2011 Farewells"

http://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-raci...LTY1NDMwMzI3MQ