Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Esoteric Central
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 06-12-2007, 05:43 PM
Atlantic City Race Course

Default A question for Buffy fans...

This has been a hot debate for years and has recently started up again....are you a Spuffy or a Bangel and why?
Old 06-12-2007, 07:28 PM
Arlington Park

Spike-he was funnier.
Old 06-12-2007, 08:25 PM

I like my men compact and muscular. And my vampires, too.
Old 06-12-2007, 08:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GenuineRisk
I like my men compact and muscular. And my vampires, too.
But who is the best for Buffy...are you a Spuffy or a Bangel?
Old 06-13-2007, 08:13 AM
Santa Anita

Bangel ALL THE WAY!!! David is WAY better looking!

Can't stay long. Work has been busy. I hope everyone is well! Chat at you guys later!
Old 06-13-2007, 08:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by somerfrost
But who is the best for Buffy...are you a Spuffy or a Bangel?
Tough call- I love the "forever" quality of Buffy-Angel, but I also loved Spike's arc through the course of the show(s) and there's something about unrequited love that is really gripping in a TV show (and not fun at all in real life, as I've known...).

I guess I'd say Buffy-Angel, because then I could hold Spike until the hurt went away.

Buffy, you're just wrong about Angel being better looking. In the first two seasons, absolutely he was- he really did look like an angel, but then he dipped into the blood bank a little too often, I think. I remember that episode in the final season of Angel with the Immortal when they had Angel and Spike chained up- I noticed they let Spike go shirtless, but not Angel. Hmm... wonder why?
Old 06-13-2007, 10:46 AM
Santa Anita

Quote:
Tough call- I love the "forever" quality of Buffy-Angel, but I also loved Spike's arc through the course of the show(s) and there's something about unrequited love that is really gripping in a TV show (and not fun at all in real life, as I've known...).

I guess I'd say Buffy-Angel, because then I could hold Spike until the hurt went away.

Buffy, you're just wrong about Angel being better looking. In the first two seasons, absolutely he was- he really did look like an angel, but then he dipped into the blood bank a little too often, I think. I remember that episode in the final season of Angel with the Immortal when they had Angel and Spike chained up- I noticed they let Spike go shirtless, but not Angel. Hmm... wonder why?
Have you watched Bones? The dude is HOT! He has been in his undies. He is WAY better looking.
Old 06-13-2007, 11:00 AM
Morris Park

Two words

Dresden Files
Old 06-13-2007, 11:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffymommy
Have you watched Bones? The dude is HOT! He has been in his undies. He is WAY better looking.

Well, I'm not so much a judge of male "hotness", David and James are two of my favorite actors and I suspect the ladies like both of them. Regarding their characters, I have felt from the time I watched the relationships unfold on TV that Buffy and Spike were the better couple...there was always something noble about Spike, even as a soulless, cold blooded killer there was always that spark of humanity there, a bit of William Pratt the poet that never died. To me, Cordy was a better fit for Angel as they both evolved...some of that I suspect is because physically they made such a stunning couple. Angel was always the tortured soul, it was all about him and his struggle for redemption...for Spike, it was all about Buffy. And Angel was cursed with his soul, Spike fought for his...again, for Buffy.
Old 06-13-2007, 01:09 PM

Truthfully, Somer, after watching Season Five of Angel I think Spike and Angel make the best couple. Talk about chemistry- nobody squabbled funnier than they did!
Old 06-13-2007, 02:15 PM

Quote:
Truthfully, Somer, after watching Season Five of Angel I think Spike and Angel make the best couple. Talk about chemistry- nobody squabbled funnier than they did!
Yeah, there are literally thousands of fan fiction stories featuring them as a couple...mostly from one offhanded comment made that implied that maybe, in the past, they might have been more than friends (in the days of Angelus, Spike, Dru and Darla). They certainly were great together in season 5 of Angel. Joss has implied that it was never his intent to make that an issue, I think folks feel because of the success of Willow and Tara that perhaps he might have considered going there...my take, Joss would have been direct with it (just like with Willow and Tara and later Willow and Kennedy). I think James did such a wonderful job with his character (as did David) that there was natural chemistry with others...look at Spike's circle...Dru, Darla and Angelus at first, then Buffy, Willow (they were often cute together...the night he couldn't bite her), Giles (humorous), Xander (funny as hell), Anya, Faith and Harmony (sexual chemistry) and later Wes, Fred and Illyria.