Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Main Forum > The Paddock
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 07-16-2017, 08:17 AM
Flemington

I just watched the race and I really think that if Edwin Gonazalez sent the 4 like he should've (instead of putting her in a headlock), things would've been a hell of a lot more interesting at the wire. Smith wouldn't have had the opportunity to loaf on the inside for the first 3/4's.
Old 07-16-2017, 08:52 AM
Belmont Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaTH716 View Post
I just watched the race and I really think that if Edwin Gonazalez sent the 4 like he should've (instead of putting her in a headlock), things would've been a hell of a lot more interesting at the wire. Smith wouldn't have had the opportunity to loaf on the inside for the first 3/4's.
What could be more interesting then fending off Martini Glass who started her career in Mdn 16's and couldn't win listed stakes finishing 7th against a field of ordinary
Old 07-16-2017, 08:57 AM
Havre de Grace

How long did it take you to think up that gem of a post Freddy ?

In her defenshe, she ran as fast as she needed to win

Last edited by Alabama Stakes : 07-16-2017 at 09:08 AM.
Old 07-16-2017, 08:58 AM
The Curragh

Hey at least the rest of the field gets to have trumped up BSFs on their resumes now.
Old 07-16-2017, 09:10 AM
Havre de Grace

93 was too high ? Not !
Old 07-16-2017, 09:22 AM
The Curragh

So I guess No Distortion is gonna have a monster year!
Old 07-16-2017, 10:05 AM
Havre de Grace

So NY bred , send it in ran a 119 beyer for running 2:02. 07 ....

Beyer figures are suspect when there is only one race at the distance ? Or does it depend on if the guy making them is half shitfaced at the time ?
Old 07-16-2017, 10:09 AM
Belmont Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alabama Stakes View Post
93 was too high ? Not !
I thought 94 and posted it above that said I am no expert. Anyone with a rudimentary understanding of making speed figures could have guessed within 2-3 points.. That said what fig you want to assign to the 2nd and 3rd place finishers, They are what they are barely listed stakes contenders, they are b circuit listed stakes contenders that go off at odds of 7+ to 1 against fillies like Browse that would be 10/1 in a excellent allowance at SPA. Face it Songbird was dreadful in victory yesterday, when you cant shake Martini Glass after lounging uncontested in a field of glorified 40 claimers you cant lay claim to being GOAT or even remotely close.

Wonderful career let's pray they dont go in Woodward

Last edited by freddymo : 07-16-2017 at 10:30 AM.
Old 07-16-2017, 10:17 AM
Havre de Grace

It would be the personal ensign. After 8 belles, no mas vs the boys.
( PE was another of my all time faves. Her will to win against that big grey filly in her final race was spine tingling)

I hope she comes out of the Delaware ok. I have watched so much of her that I am concerned. As I said yesterday, she was not walking like her usual self after the race. I hope it was just my vivid imagination. She might not be able to handle her increased size from last year.
Old 07-16-2017, 11:00 AM
Belmont Park

Quote:
It would be the personal ensign. After 8 belles, no mas vs the boys.
( PE was another of my all time faves. Her will to win against that big grey filly in her final race was spine tingling)

I hope she comes out of the Delaware ok. I have watched so much of her that I am concerned. As I said yesterday, she was not walking like her usual self after the race. I hope it was just my vivid imagination. She might not be able to handle her increased size from last year.
Agree with all of this.. Porter would like a shot at HoY only way she would be a viable candidate if she wins Woodward
Old 07-16-2017, 11:46 AM
Jerome Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by freddymo View Post
Agree with all of this.. Porter would like a shot at HoY only way she would be a viable candidate if she wins Woodward

You agree with all of that, Freddy? Despite the fact that he said something 100% factually incorrect, you agree with it?

He ran Havre de Grace against the boys three years after Eight Belles ran in the KY Derby.

Those damn facts. Always getting in the way.
Old 07-16-2017, 12:08 PM
The Curragh

Quote:
I thought 94 and posted it above that said I am no expert. Anyone with a rudimentary understanding of making speed figures could have guessed within 2-3 points.. That said what fig you want to assign to the 2nd and 3rd place finishers, They are what they are barely listed stakes contenders, they are b circuit listed stakes contenders that go off at odds of 7+ to 1 against fillies like Browse that would be 10/1 in a excellent allowance at SPA. Face it Songbird was dreadful in victory yesterday, when you cant shake Martini Glass after lounging uncontested in a field of glorified 40 claimers you cant lay claim to being GOAT or even remotely close.

Wonderful career let's pray they dont go in Woodward
freddymo, I give you a ton of credit for repeatedly answering reasonably in the face of out-of-control hysteria. If there's a trophy for patience, you've won it several times.
Old 07-16-2017, 12:11 PM
Havre de Grace

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackthroatedwind View Post
You agree with all of that, Freddy? Despite the fact that he said something 100% factually incorrect, you agree with it?

He ran Havre de Grace against the boys three years after Eight Belles ran in the KY Derby.

Apples and oranges . That was a different type of filly than Songbird. Songbird is a lady.
Old 07-16-2017, 12:24 PM
Saratoga

Quote:
Apples and oranges . That was a different type of filly than Songbird. Songbird is a lady.
I enjoy most of your postings sometimes your real deep cuts are hilarious to those that get them. Even those where I am the target. The Sky Low Low reference nearly had me spitting coffee out my nose. That leads me to ask. Is your Songbird love Kafabe?
Old 07-16-2017, 12:35 PM
Belmont Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackthroatedwind View Post

I missed Havre de Grace who also would have trounced Songbird or shall I say Lady Songbird... Lady Songbird because her future spouse whomever Mandy Pope chooses (will assume tapit) Is Sir Tapit
Old 07-16-2017, 12:36 PM
Belmont Park

Quote:
Kind of a cop out No? Let's see if Hollendorfer talks Porter out of Woodward.
Old 07-16-2017, 02:01 PM
Goodwood

Quote:
I missed Havre de Grace who also would have trounced Songbird or shall I say Lady Songbird... Lady Songbird because her future spouse whomever Mandy Pope chooses (will assume tapit) Is Sir Tapit
I think lady songbird gets sold, instead of automatically going to sir tapit. Didn't porter sell that brutish of a mare, Havre de Grace?
Old 07-16-2017, 03:51 PM
Belmont Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indian Charlie View Post
I think lady songbird gets sold, instead of automatically going to sir tapit. Didn't porter sell that brutish of a mare, Havre de Grace?
yep 10mil dont think its been a fruitful acquisition for the buyer
Old 07-16-2017, 04:49 PM
Steve Byk

Quote:
yep 10mil dont think its been a fruitful acquisition for the buyer
Gosh Freddy, she has a 3yo that's made a couple starts (2/0-0-1) and a 2yo that hasn't started yet. How 'fruitful' would anyone expect the acquisition to be at this juncture?
Old 07-16-2017, 04:59 PM
Belmont Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kasept View Post
Gosh Freddy, she has a 3yo that's made a couple starts (2/0-0-1) and a 2yo that hasn't started yet. How 'fruitful' would anyone expect the acquisition to be at this juncture?
Perhaps it escapes you that she has attempted to sell both I believe. Remember the "ReserveGate" ?