Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > The Steve Dellinger Discourse Den
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 12-04-2015, 02:16 PM
Santa Anita

Default Political Correctness Kills

Article here: http://www.americanthinker.com/artic...ess_kills.html

Excerpt: "As I was driving home last evening listening to the still sparse details on the San Bernardino shooting, the news report informed that there were two dead suspects, a man and woman. So I already knew more than the authorities were telling: I figured the two assailants were non-white, almost certainly Muslim. After all, if the police knew their sexes, they knew what they looked like. And if they’d been white, it would have been announced right away.

You see, I know the drill. When the suspects are non-white, politically correct authorities will never mention it for fear of condemnation. “Why are you calling attention to their race or ethnicity?!” they’ll be asked. Of course, they didn’t mind calling attention to their sex. In the leftist upside-down world, all characteristics are equal, but some are more equal than others."
Old 12-04-2015, 02:26 PM
Belmont Park

Neighbor did not report their suspicious activity for fear of being labeled "Racist":

http://dailycaller.com/2015/12/03/sh...-racist-video/
Old 12-04-2015, 02:27 PM
Dee Tee Stables

what utter and complete horse ****.
they always describe the suspect.
black male
white female
hispanic male, etc, etc.
that is, if they know all the details. as the story unfolded, they gave out more info. one to three shooters. in a black suv, etc. then it came out they were in gear. finally it came out who they were.
Old 12-04-2015, 02:30 PM
Dee Tee Stables

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudeboyelvis View Post
Neighbor did not report their suspicious activity for fear of being labeled "Racist":

see, a few weeks back, someone reported some fellow fliers, because they saw them watching an isis video, and were suspicious. some said they shouldn't have spoken up, but of course they should! if it turns out to be nothing, fine. but if it turns out to be something, what did you prevent?
better safe than sorry i think in that type of situation.
too often, after something has gone on, some will say 'i thought something was up' like in the s.c. shooting. but 'we didn't really think he'd do anything'. but more and more, people ought to be learning, that a lot of people are capable of a lot of stuff.
Old 12-04-2015, 02:36 PM
Santa Anita

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danzig View Post
what utter and complete horse ****.
they always describe the suspect.
black male
white female
hispanic male, etc, etc.
that is, if they know all the details. as the story unfolded, they gave out more info. one to three shooters. in a black suv, etc. then it came out they were in gear. finally it came out who they were.
Not true. Many times, maybe the majority, when suspect is a minority they do not report it.

I have seen the news many times where the suspect was reported simply as "wearing a T-shirt and jeans." Gee, that's real helpful. I think I know who it is now...
Old 12-04-2015, 10:36 PM
Atlantic City Race Course

Joey, they were white:

"The U.S. Department of Justice Federal Bureau of Investigation also categorizes "white people" as "people having origins in any of the original peoples of Europe, the Middle East, or North Africa, through racial categories used in the UCR Program adopted from the Statistical Policy Handbook (1978) and published by the Office of Federal Statistical Policy and Standards, U.S. Department of Commerce."

This may blow your mind, but "Muslim" is not a race. If it were, the majority of the people on this board would be Muslim, as many genealogists speculate that all people of European ancestry are descended from Mohammed. Fun fact!

http://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/...yal-we/302497/
Old 12-05-2015, 02:51 AM
Del Mar

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeydb View Post
Article here: http://www.americanthinker.com/artic...ess_kills.html

Excerpt: "As I was driving home last evening listening to the still sparse details on the San Bernardino shooting, the news report informed that there were two dead suspects, a man and woman. So I already knew more than the authorities were telling: I figured the two assailants were non-white, almost certainly Muslim. After all, if the police knew their sexes, they knew what they looked like. And if they’d been white, it would have been announced right away.

You see, I know the drill. When the suspects are non-white, politically correct authorities will never mention it for fear of condemnation. “Why are you calling attention to their race or ethnicity?!” they’ll be asked. Of course, they didn’t mind calling attention to their sex. In the leftist upside-down world, all characteristics are equal, but some are more equal than others."
Did you hear about The University of Minnesota? Like other universities, when a crime is committed on campus, they would put out an alert. They would give a full description of the suspect. For example, they would say that there was a sexual assault in a parking garage and that the assailant was described as a white male in his 20s between 5'10 and 6'0. The problem was that in the vast majority of these cases, the perpetrators were black. So practically every day there would be a crime alert and the suspect was almost always described as a black male.

So this upset the black students and black faculty groups. They said that when people were constantly hearing that almost all the crime was being committed by black people that this was making black people look bad. So they put pressure on administrators to no longer report the suspect's race in the crime alerts. At first, the university refused to reverse the practice of reporting the race of the perpetrators. But these black groups kept putting the pressure on the university and eventually the university caved in. They no longer use the race of the suspect in their crime alert descriptions. This is one of the craziest things that I've ever heard. Talk about political correctness gone amok!

http://dailycaller.com/2014/01/31/ph...tudents-claim/

http://editions.lib.umn.edu/smartpol...nesota-to-sto/
Old 12-05-2015, 06:49 AM
Saratoga

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudeboyelvis View Post

I have thought a lot about the above. I am disgusted wit Political Correctness in this country. Having said this and thinking about the above I really think the above is either a hoax or some douche trying to justify his lack of action that may have let this whole thing happen in order to be able to look at himself in the mirror and sleep at night. Let's look at the reality here. If he goes to the police with this are they going to announce on the news that John Doe gave us information if it didn't pan out? Would they trace his phone and out him if he called with an anonymous tip? Seems to me that either he didn't put 2 and 2 together ahead of time or simply didn't want to get involved. If he indeed came up with this conclusion ahead of time and did nothing then in my mind he has blood on his hands.
Old 12-05-2015, 08:19 AM
Dee Tee Stables

Quote:
Originally Posted by jms62 View Post
I have thought a lot about the above. I am disgusted wit Political Correctness in this country. Having said this and thinking about the above I really think the above is either a hoax or some douche trying to justify his lack of action that may have let this whole thing happen in order to be able to look at himself in the mirror and sleep at night. Let's look at the reality here. If he goes to the police with this are they going to announce on the news that John Doe gave us information if it didn't pan out? Would they trace his phone and out him if he called with an anonymous tip? Seems to me that either he didn't put 2 and 2 together ahead of time or simply didn't want to get involved. If he indeed came up with this conclusion ahead of time and did nothing then in my mind he has blood on his hands.
Old 12-07-2015, 12:42 PM
Santa Anita

Quote:
Originally Posted by GenuineRisk View Post
Joey, they were white:

"The U.S. Department of Justice Federal Bureau of Investigation also categorizes "white people" as "people having origins in any of the original peoples of Europe, the Middle East, or North Africa, through racial categories used in the UCR Program adopted from the Statistical Policy Handbook (1978) and published by the Office of Federal Statistical Policy and Standards, U.S. Department of Commerce."

This may blow your mind, but "Muslim" is not a race. If it were, the majority of the people on this board would be Muslim, as many genealogists speculate that all people of European ancestry are descended from Mohammed. Fun fact!

http://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/...yal-we/302497/
The issue isn't race. The issue is political correctness silencing descriptions of a suspect due to presumed sensitivities about race or any other demographic element that might describe the perpetrator being sought after.