Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Main Forum > The Paddock
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 10-03-2006, 01:57 PM
Super Mod.. and Super Fly

Default Rabbit Out

No Spanish Chestnut in the JCGC, folks.

It's such a shame too, considering how Bernardini definitely would've "hated being far back" and would've "died in the stretch."

We might be looking at a four-horse field even if Sun King runs.
Old 10-03-2006, 01:59 PM
Santa Anita

Is everyone that scared of Bernardini? Ya gotta face him sometime...
Old 10-03-2006, 02:01 PM
Keeneland

Quote:
Originally Posted by ateamstupid
No Spanish Chestnut in the JCGC, folks.

It's such a shame too, considering how Bernardini definitely would've "hated being far back" and would've "died in the stretch."

We might be looking at a four-horse field even if Sun King runs.
Another romp for Bernardini. Definitely not his fault, but still...

It'd be nice to see if he can run the same way against some decent horses. I hope Sun King runs.
Old 10-03-2006, 02:03 PM
Atlantic City Race Course

What, nobody thinks Andromeda's Hero will give Bernardini a run for his money?
Old 10-03-2006, 02:06 PM
Keeneland

Quote:
Originally Posted by slotdirt
What, nobody thinks Andromeda's Hero will give Bernardini a run for his money?
I'd like to believe that, Slot. Hey, you never know... I DID dream that a chestnut won the JCGC. AH is chestnut.
Old 10-03-2006, 02:17 PM
Pimlico

Bad news for all of the closers in the race. Where is the other pace in the race with Spanish Chestnut out? Bernardini is going to be allowed to set those easy fractions and coast home yet again.
Old 10-03-2006, 02:26 PM
oracle80

Snooze..... Paceless race with a small field, oughta be a stellar event.
Old 10-03-2006, 02:27 PM
Sheepshead Bay

I guess this will be a cake walk for Bernardini, oh well, he gets no competition again. I was looking forward to this Saturday, maybe I'll take in a movie instead, this will be a very boring race.

On a positive note, he'll roll here and he'll have to face some competition in the BC, maybe a good thing for the non-believers...
Old 10-03-2006, 02:27 PM
Churchill Downs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cajungator26
I'd like to believe that, Slot. Hey, you never know... I DID dream that a chestnut won the JCGC. AH is chestnut.
I don't know about you, but my dreams never work out too good. This year, I dreamed that a really dark bay horse won the derby, red chestnuts came in second and third, and a medium bay got fourth. Now, the medium bay did get fourth, but, well, you know how the rest worked out...

I'm really glad that they pulled Spanish Chestnut out of the race. It wasn't fair to the horse.
Old 10-03-2006, 02:30 PM
Gulfstream Park

well hell if the almighty "mineshaft" was running against 2nd rate and below horses every1 would have their bvd'z in a twist waitin to watch
Old 10-03-2006, 02:31 PM
Sheepshead Bay

Quote:
Originally Posted by disappearingdan_akaplaya
well hell if the almighty "mineshaft" was running against 2nd rate and below horses every1 would have their bvd'z in a twist waitin to watch

Mineshaft at least faced bigger fields, imo he's a better horse than Bernardini, his Stephen Foster was amazing considering how he was ridden and how wide he was...
Old 10-03-2006, 02:33 PM
Idlewild Airport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pointg5
Mineshaft at least faced bigger fields, imo he's a better horse than Bernardini, his Stephen Foster was amazing considering how he was ridden and how wide he was...
This is playa's MO, all he does is bash Mineshaft. I happen to like playa, but it does get old---a one trick pony.
Old 10-03-2006, 02:33 PM
Gulfstream Park

Quote:

really big fields huh, when he did run in those he lost like in the foster and quit cryin about robbies ride in there, whats the excuse for losing to balto star?
Old 10-03-2006, 02:35 PM
Sheepshead Bay

Quote:
really big fields huh, when he did run in those he lost like in the foster and quit cryin about robbies ride in there, whats the excuse for losing to balto star?
Old Balto was a multiple graded stake winner, can't say that much of Bernardini's competition...

Can't really argue with what Robbie did at the start, he had an outside post and had to gun, but he kept him wide on a quick pace, PD is no slouch and got a perfect ride, but Mineshaft took the worst of it...
Old 10-03-2006, 02:39 PM
Gulfstream Park

how many grade 1's did balto win on the dirt? LOL nice comment bout the 1 trick pony, i like you also randy and it aint the horses fault the connections didnt have the stones to run in the BCC because they knew what would happen
Old 10-03-2006, 02:40 PM
Super Mod.. and Super Fly

Quote:
Yeah, those were some huge fields he faced at Belmont all year. Four horses in The Woodward, four horses in The JCGC. I have no idea how he managed to find his way through all of that traffic.

Jokes aside, I think you're right that it's a negative going into the BCC that Bernardini won't have been battle-tested (unless Dylan Thomas freaks on the dirt). I know he's a monster, but I've yet to see how he responds when someone looks him in the eye.
Old 10-03-2006, 02:42 PM
Idlewild Airport

Quote:
how many grade 1's did balto win on the dirt? LOL nice comment bout the 1 trick pony, i like you also randy and it aint the horses fault the connections didnt have the stones to run in the BCC because they knew what would happen
Not going to get back into it, but the Balto race was basically his first race back in his 4 yr old season and the fractions were dirt slow. No way he could make up the ground. He got better as his 4yr old season went along....I believe he got hurt before the Br. Cup. Who knows?
Old 10-03-2006, 02:43 PM
Idlewild Airport

Quote:
Originally Posted by ateamstupid
Yeah, those were some huge fields he faced at Belmont all year. Four horses in The Woodward, four horses in The JCGC. I have no idea how he managed to find his way through all of that traffic.

Jokes aside, I think you're right that it's a negative going into the BCC that Bernardini won't have been battle-tested (unless Dylan Thomas freaks on the dirt). I know he's a monster, but I've yet to see how he responds when someone looks him in the eye.
He was dodged like no horse I have seen. Horses wanted to face Ghostzapper more than Mineshaft. He raced what 10 times as a 4 yr old. Not much you can do when they don't show up.
Gulfstream Park

well its all who and what you believe randy. i dont believe my fav horse point given was retired due to injury
Sheepshead Bay

Quote:
I guess they didn't want to run an injured horse on that hard track in the BCC...

Playa always bashes Mineshaft, he probably has a dartboard in his house with a picture of Mineshaft on it, I picture him doing pullups with Mineshaft tattoes on his knuckles like Deniro in Cape Fear...

At least he hasn't gone crazy and told us that the Bears are going to be like the '72 Bears and go undefeated, Scavs has that market cornered...