Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Sports Bar & Grill
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 05-06-2014, 03:10 PM
Hialeah Park

Talking is overated anyways..

http://espn.go.com/chicago/nhl/story...minnesota-wild
Old 05-06-2014, 03:11 PM
Dee Tee Stables

come on rangers! maybe the loss at home last night will shake them out of their torpor.
Old 05-07-2014, 07:46 AM
Flemington

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danzig View Post
come on rangers! maybe the loss at home last night will shake them out of their torpor.
They outplayed the Pens and outshot them over 2-1, unfortunately nothing found the back of the net. Obviously that makes tonight a must, but they are far from dead in the water.
Old 05-08-2014, 10:59 AM
Super Mod.. and Super Fly

Goddamn underachieving losers. Nash can GFH.
Old 05-08-2014, 11:15 AM
Flemington

Quote:
Originally Posted by ateamstupid View Post
Goddamn underachieving losers. Nash can GFH.
Joey, I'll admit that they haven't played well this series, but no one seems to be giving the Pens any credit. They have played exceptionally (especially on the defensive side) so far. Nash is getting absolutely trashed and I guess it's deservingly so, but St. Louis has been just as bad if not worse. Honorable mention for Richards and Stepan's disappearing acts as well.

The writing was on the wall in the Philly series. They should have absolutely throttled the Flyers (I just don't think they are very good) and it went 7. I had such high expectations going in to the post season and all of a sudden this team looks closer to a tear down then it does to a Stanley Cup champion. Very disappointing to say the least.
Old 05-08-2014, 11:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaTH716 View Post
Joey, I'll admit that they haven't played well this series, but no one seems to be giving the Pens any credit. They have played exceptionally (especially on the defensive side) so far. Nash is getting absolutely trashed and I guess it's deservingly so, but St. Louis has been just as bad if not worse. Honorable mention for Richards and Stepan's disappearing acts as well.

The writing was on the wall in the Philly series. They should have absolutely throttled the Flyers (I just don't think they are very good) and it went 7. I had such high expectations going in to the post season and all of a sudden this team looks closer to a tear down then it does to a Stanley Cup champion. Very disappointing to say the least.
Penguins have been good but these last two games were very winnable. It's not like last year when it was obvious the Bruins were in another class. We can hang with this team, but not when Hank is the only one deserving of his game check. That was an utter disgrace last night. Worse than the back-to-back shutouts.
Old 05-08-2014, 11:46 AM
Havre de Grace

Default Shaky Walton

B's blow them out tonight. Quick has the Kings playing with heart, and he's the best goalie still playing. Beat LA again in the finals
Old 05-09-2014, 08:25 PM

I knew the Rangers had this kind of game in them, which is what made Game 4 so frustrating. So much respect to St. Louis for playing through the loss of his mother. I have a feeling that really inspired the team. Whatever McDonagh took before the game, he needs to bottle that sh*t.

The Rangers have been prone to inexplicably bad performances at home all season, but they just need to come up with one big game at MSG, because if it gets to a Game 7, Fleury will piss himself.
Old 05-09-2014, 08:34 PM
Dee Tee Stables

I love when milbury is wrong. And listened to NHL radio on the way home, they also were sticking a fork in NY.
Feel bad for msl,cannot imagine playing after suffering that loss...but he'd probably rather be with his mates at a rough time.
Old 05-11-2014, 06:21 PM
Dee Tee Stables

A bittersweet goal for Marty. He grabbed up the puck, I'm pretty sure where that will be going.
Rangers came out hot, hope they can keep up the tempo

Edit...no sooner do I type the above, a second goal. Keep it up NY!
Old 05-11-2014, 08:49 PM
Dee Tee Stables

marty named number one star tonight.
Old 05-12-2014, 01:12 AM

Great moment for Marty. His teammates love the hell out of him after only a few months. Now we're cooking with fish grease and Fleury is rattled. That goal he gave up to Hagelin was pathetic. Don't know why it took the Rangers so long to find this gear but very glad they found it. ONE MORE BOYS!!!
Old 05-12-2014, 06:18 AM
Flemington

Quote:
because if it gets to a Game 7, Fleury will piss himself.
this. and Henrik keeps getting better. Great game last night.
Old 05-12-2014, 09:07 AM
Flemington

Old 05-12-2014, 10:25 AM
Dee Tee Stables

Quote:
Great moment for Marty. His teammates love the hell out of him after only a few months. Now we're cooking with fish grease and Fleury is rattled. That goal he gave up to Hagelin was pathetic. Don't know why it took the Rangers so long to find this gear but very glad they found it. ONE MORE BOYS!!!
i know he had a rough time of it after moving there, but his new team has certainly been there for him now with him losing his mom.

was listening to the nhl radio show this morning....the guest they had on cracked me up. they were discussing the rangers, and he said 'yeah, this could go either way'. wow. some insight coming up to game 7.
Old 05-12-2014, 04:32 PM
Dee Tee Stables

Quote:
enjoyed crosby getting knocked flat, but the king with the water bottle.....

wonder if he gets a fine like thornton did for spraying subban?
Old 05-12-2014, 10:17 PM

Quote:
enjoyed crosby getting knocked flat, but the king with the water bottle.....

wonder if he gets a fine like thornton did for spraying subban?
5 g's. I'm sure Hank would tell you it was worth it.
Old 05-13-2014, 07:44 AM
Flemington

Quote:
Spear someone in the groin = No Fine
Squirt someone with a water bottle = 5K

Seems legit.......
Old 05-13-2014, 08:55 AM
Dee Tee Stables

Quote:
right after thornton got less than 3k, the supposed maximum. makes no sense, one was squirting a player during the game, the other was after play had stopped, and the period was over. which could have caused a bigger safety issue?

but yeah, i'm sure he would say it was worth every penny! but i really liked girardi shoving him over as a prelude to the dousing.

Quote:
Spear someone in the groin = No Fine
Squirt someone with a water bottle = 5K

Seems legit.......
yeah, golden boy can do whatever and get away with it. and then it costs more to shower him than pk subban.
Old 05-13-2014, 09:03 AM
Flemington

Quote:
right after thornton got less than 3k, the supposed maximum. makes no sense, one was squirting a player during the game, the other was after play had stopped, and the period was over. which could have caused a bigger safety issue?

but yeah, i'm sure he would say it was worth every penny! but i really liked girardi shoving him over as a prelude to the dousing.

yeah, golden boy can do whatever and get away with it. and then it costs more to shower him than pk subban.
Seriously, Sid could've drown. Saftey First.