Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Triple Crown Topics/Archive..
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 05-02-2010, 07:11 PM
Randwyck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danzig View Post
so, if you really believe that, doug williams or mark rypien is a better QB than dan marino???
No, just better pass protection.
Old 05-02-2010, 08:52 PM
Arlington Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danzig View Post
so, if you really believe that, doug williams or mark rypien is a better QB than dan marino???
I think we were talking about Crosby being better than Ovie or vice versa, I don't know if you are a Caps fan but if you watched the Olympics and the Stanley Cup Playoffs or when the games really matter in the scheme of the winning theme, you definitely would be hard pressed to say Ovie was better than Crosby, and even when the games mean't less in the regular season Crosby outscored Ovie again, as he did in the olympics, and NHL Playoffs. You want him , you can have him. I'll take Crosby.
Old 05-02-2010, 08:56 PM
Gulfstream Park

Old 05-02-2010, 09:08 PM
Woodbine

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSC View Post
I think we were talking about Crosby being better than Ovie or vice versa, I don't know if you are a Caps fan but if you watched the Olympics and the Stanley Cup Playoffs or when the games really matter in the scheme of the winning theme, you definitely would be hard pressed to say Ovie was better than Crosby, and even when the games mean't less in the regular season Crosby outscored Ovie again, as he did in the olympics, and NHL Playoffs. You want him , you can have him. I'll take Crosby.
Crosby is the biggest baby in the league. He should be suspended for that stick action against the Montreal net today. When he grows up, maybe then I can give him a little respect, but right now, he is just a little crybaby punk who can light the lamp. I hope he never gets a sniff of another title.
Old 05-02-2010, 09:16 PM
Arlington Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by ARyan View Post
Crosby is the biggest baby in the league. He should be suspended for that stick action against the Montreal net today. When he grows up, maybe then I can give him a little respect, but right now, he is just a little crybaby punk who can light the lamp. I hope he never gets a sniff of another title.
I don't know where you get your info, but the kid is well respected in the league and by team owner Mario Lemieux and his teammates, I don't know if you know but Crosby lived with Mario his 1st couple of years in the NHL and Mario has nothing but great things to say about Sid. Now you want to know who isn't respected in the league it's Ovie, I happen to think Ovie is the most exciting player in the league but until he learns to play with a team concept the Stanley Cup will always allude him.
Old 05-03-2010, 06:54 AM
Woodbine

Quote:
I don't know where you get your info, but the kid is well respected in the league and by team owner Mario Lemieux and his teammates, I don't know if you know but Crosby lived with Mario his 1st couple of years in the NHL and Mario has nothing but great things to say about Sid.
How large are those blinkers you have on?
Old 05-03-2010, 07:11 AM
Saratoga

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanner12oz View Post
would love to see jackson bend come out of the derby ok and run the preakness...distance might suit him a little better
Distance , tighter turns and less horses. I would not run Ice Box and let him rest up for the Belmont.
Old 05-03-2010, 07:13 AM
Jerome Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by jms62 View Post
Distance , tighter turns and less horses. I would not run Ice Box and let him rest up for the Belmont.
The turns at Pimlico are not " tighter " than the ones at Churchill.
Old 05-03-2010, 08:07 AM
Arlington Park

Quote:
How large are those blinkers you have on?
Trust me, I know my Hockey and until Ovie learns to shorten his shifts to about a minute, use his teammates abit more, The Caps will not win a Stanley Cup, just as Ilya Kovachuk won't either.
Old 05-03-2010, 09:01 AM
Saratoga

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackthroatedwind View Post
The turns at Pimlico are not " tighter " than the ones at Churchill.
You are correct
http://www.east-coast-bias.com/2008/...ght-turns.html

But someome should tell Dutrow
http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/r...rt-821634.html
Old 05-03-2010, 09:19 AM
Atlantic City Race Course

I see this thread is going awry already, but Ovechkin has nothing to do with the Caps not winning a Stanley Cup at this point. I'd say the fact that Semin is completely gutless and Mike Green is the worst stay-at-home defenseman in the league are bigger issues.

This year's Caps team reminds me of the '94 Red Wings, and we all know where that went after that year's humiliating first round loss to the Sharks.
Old 05-03-2010, 09:28 AM
Woodbine

Quote:
Trust me, I know my Hockey and until Ovie learns to shorten his shifts to about a minute, use his teammates abit more, The Caps will not win a Stanley Cup, just as Ilya Kovachuk won't either.
If you know hockey, then you must know that Crosby is known league wide as a crybaby, hence the popular nickname "Crybaby" Crosby. If you don't know that, then you are wearing the worlds biggest blinders covered by rose colored glasses.

Sid "the Crybaby Kid" Crosbydeserves a suspension for his tantrum yesterday. Its a shame it won't happen.

Sidney Crosby Voted Biggest Whiner by NHL Players.
Old 05-03-2010, 09:29 AM

Actually, I think most opposing fans call him "Cindy" Crosby for his antics.
Old 05-03-2010, 09:40 AM
Arlington Park

Quote:
If you know hockey, then you must know that Crosby is known league wide as a crybaby, hence the popular nickname "Crybaby" Crosby. If you don't know that, then you are wearing the worlds biggest blinders covered by rose colored glasses.

Sid "the Crybaby Kid" Crosbydeserves a suspension for his tantrum yesterday. Its a shame it won't happen.

Sidney Crosby Voted Biggest Whiner by NHL Players.
Got any Ovie links? I'm too lazy to find the best cheap shot artist in the NHL as voted by the NHL players.
Old 05-03-2010, 09:41 AM
Arlington Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by slotdirt View Post
People are always jealous of winners...
Old 05-03-2010, 09:45 AM
Woodbine

Quote:
Originally Posted by slotdirt View Post
Yes, that is a big favorite in Philly and Washington.
Old 05-03-2010, 09:46 AM
Arlington Park

Quote:
Yes, that is a big favorite in Philly and Washington.
That explains it.
Old 05-03-2010, 09:48 AM
Woodbine

Quote:
Got any Ovie links? I'm too lazy to find the best cheap shot artist in the NHL as voted by the NHL players.
Look, I dislike Ovie as well, however with Ovie, what you see is what you get. I don't ever see him act "higher than thou." Cheapshot artist, maybe, but at least he isn't a smug little priss who cries and dives all over the ice. I just feel Crosby, with his talent, should be above that.

At least you are pretty much admitting you are a homer. I'll give you a bit of credit for that.
Old 05-03-2010, 09:54 AM

It's not like Crosby or Malkin don't get their cheap shots in from time to time. See game five of last year's Stanley Cup finals for details.
Old 05-03-2010, 01:02 PM
Arlington Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cannon Shell View Post
While I thought ice box clearly ran the best race yesterday, I am not that enthused about his prospects moving forward as he seemingly is the type that needs pace help and luck to be successful.
I argee.
I loved Ice Box going into Saturday (because it was pretty easy to deduce that the pace would be suicidal) but I would love to be able to bet against Ice Box in his next start. I'm really hoping that whichever race he ends up in next comes up paceless. He closed so well into those blistering fractions on Saturday that he will almost surely be overbet next time out. If there is speed in his next start it would still be foolish to play against him, but if their isn't, he could be a wonderful bet-against.

Of course - on the other hand - I like Zito and the horse, so I wouldn't mind seeing them win a TC race.