Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > The Steve Dellinger Discourse Den
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 11-26-2014, 08:08 PM
Hialeah Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by jms62 View Post
She was awful and "facts" that support a position are not hard to find on the Internet. I enjoyed the battles she had wit Dell.
But at least she battled...Her extremes were no worse and usually less than her oppononents...It's pathethetic she was was mocked in light of the extremists who mocked her. Seriously..what a ****ining political opinion double standard
Old 11-26-2014, 08:54 PM
Belmont Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by GBBob View Post
But at least she battled...Her extremes were no worse and usually less than her oppononents...It's pathethetic she was was mocked in light of the extremists who mocked her. Seriously..what a ****ining political opinion double standard
New Signature
Old 11-27-2014, 08:34 AM
Keeneland

Quote:
Originally Posted by GBBob View Post
Riot served as the Gruber prototype, a true American puddinhead.
Old 11-27-2014, 12:34 PM
Del Mar

Quote:
Originally Posted by jms62 View Post
She was awful and "facts" that support a position are not hard to find on the Internet. I enjoyed the battles she had wit Dell.
That's why i underlined facts..I enjoyed her battles with her many adversaries that usually ended with fu bitsch, -unt and others...btw, does anyone know for sure that she was a she?

When you are right, no one remembers;when you are wrong, no one forgets.

Thought for today.."No persons are more frequently wrong, than those who will not admit
they are wrong" - Francois, Duc de la Rochefoucauld, French moralist (1613-1680)
Old 11-27-2014, 01:02 PM
Keeneland

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigrun View Post
That's why i underlined facts..I enjoyed her battles with her many adversaries that usually ended with fu bitsch, -unt and others...btw, does anyone know for sure that she was a she?
She is a she and let's leave it at that.
Old 11-27-2014, 07:25 PM
Jerome Park

Protesters in Ferguson set traps for police

1555361_1533154016941619_2401756680469101231_n.jpg
Old 11-27-2014, 07:29 PM
Del Mar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arletta View Post

Attachment 2449
Who said it wasn't a peaceful protest.

Thought for today.."No persons are more frequently wrong, than those who will not admit
they are wrong" - Francois, Duc de la Rochefoucauld, French moralist (1613-1680)
Old 11-28-2014, 03:02 AM
Del Mar

Chris Rock: How Not to Get Your Ass Kicked By the Police:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QR465HoCWFQ
Old 11-28-2014, 12:48 PM
Del Mar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rupert Pupkin View Post
Chris Rock: How Not to Get Your Ass Kicked By the Police:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QR465HoCWFQ

....hilarious..

Old 11-30-2014, 08:16 PM
Del Mar

Instead of simply just reporting the news, it is amazing how the media tries to make up their own narrative. CNN is a great example with regard to Ferguson:

CNN is Lying When They Say Ferguson Protests Were ‘Peaceful’

http://nypost.com/2014/11/29/why-cnn...were-peaceful/

Yet somehow many people try to claim that CNN is a good, unbiased source for news. There is a reason why CNN is doing so poorly in the ratings. I think people are tired of CNN's political correctness. Just report the story. Don't try to twist the story to fit your liberal narrative.

Last edited by Rupert Pupkin : 11-30-2014 at 08:26 PM.
Old 11-30-2014, 09:12 PM
Hialeah Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rupert Pupkin View Post
Instead of simply just reporting the news, it is amazing how the media tries to make up their own narrative. CNN is a great example with regard to Ferguson:

CNN is Lying When They Say Ferguson Protests Were ‘Peaceful’

http://nypost.com/2014/11/29/why-cnn...were-peaceful/

Yet somehow many people try to claim that CNN is a good, unbiased source for news. There is a reason why CNN is doing so poorly in the ratings. I think people are tired of CNN's political correctness. Just report the story. Don't try to twist the story to fit your liberal narrative.
I agree 100 % ... you really need to be tuning into Fox News!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gSb47QXmGJo
Old 11-30-2014, 09:50 PM
Del Mar

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeker2 View Post

I actually like to flip to all different channels so I can see all the different viewpoints. That way you know you're getting the full story.

Anyway, with regards to this story, I don't know how anyone could claim that CNN did not show an extreme liberal bias. There are some people who actually think this kind of reporting is appropriate. They are so used to this nonsense that they don't even realize how twisted this reporting is. Then if they turn to a channel that just tells it like it is, they think that there is a conservative bias.
Old 12-01-2014, 11:13 AM
Keeneland

Finally, an African American voice of reason.

Quote:
Nation of Islam leader Louis Farrakhan went on a fiery tirade about Ferguson on Saturday — threatening that if the demands of protesters aren’t met, “we’ll tear this goddamn country apart!”

Farrakhan stated in his speech — given at Morgan State University, a black college located in Baltimore, Md. — that violence was justified in response to the decision not to indict officer Darren Wilson and peaceful protests are only in the interest of “white folks.”

“We going to die anyway. Let’s die for something,” the radical figure told the crowd to roaring applause.

He even said the parents of teenagers should teach their kids how to throw Molotov cocktails. “Teach your baby how to throw the bottle if they can. Fight,” the minister advised, and then imitated throwing the explosive device.

Farrakhan argued that violence was justified by the “law of retaliation” HE claims is in both the Bible and the Koran
Old 12-01-2014, 12:17 PM
Dee Tee Stables

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arletta View Post

Attachment 2449
Old 12-01-2014, 12:53 PM
Del Mar

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeker2 View Post

I agree...those faux news airheads should be featured in Playboy...but for real news reporting Christiane Amanpour is the best along with Martha Raddatz of ABC who has been to Iraq and Afghan over 30 times.....and of course the daily show for accurate news

Old 12-01-2014, 07:31 PM
Saratoga

Quote:
I agree...those faux news airheads should be featured in Playboy...
Sexism is not cute, it's not funny and it does not give one an endearing quality.

For the record...

Ten years later I still get the "little lady" treatment at the track like oh well look at YOU (talking to me like I'm a child who has been dropped on their head and has a winning ticket cause what... my kittie cats picked the names or something?).

I realize you're a older gentleman and I'm trying to say this in a nice way but yeah... saying that any professional woman should be in Playboy... it's just a disrespectful thing to say.
Old 12-01-2014, 07:46 PM
Jerome Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by my miss storm cat View Post
Sexism is not cute, it's not funny and it does not give one an endearing quality.

For the record...

Ten years later I still get the "little lady" treatment at the track like oh well look at YOU (talking to me like I'm a child who has been dropped on their head and has a winning ticket cause what... my kittie cats picked the names or something?).

I realize you're a older gentleman and I'm trying to say this in a nice way but yeah... saying that any professional woman should be in Playboy... it's just a disrespectful thing to say.
I hear some get the magazine just for the articles
Old 12-01-2014, 09:00 PM
Del Mar

Quote:

For the record...

Excuse me, didn't think it was an insult to say those ladies should be in Playboy..haven't seen a copy in years but recall all the ladies were beauties.
Oh, and i've said that a couple times in the past...but i will try to be more sensitive in the future..

Quote:
but for real news reporting Christiane Amanpour is the best along with Martha Raddatz of ABC who has been to Iraq and Afghan over 30 times.....and of course the daily show for accurate news
Any comment on above?

Waiting for from geek in 1-2-3

Old 12-01-2014, 10:44 PM
Del Mar

Quote:
Excuse me, didn't think it was an insult to say those ladies should be in Playboy..haven't seen a copy in years but recall all the ladies were beauties.
Oh, and i've said that a couple times in the past...but i will try to be more sensitive in the future..

Any comment on above?

Waiting for from geek in 1-2-3
I don't know about Christiane Amanpour but CNN's coverage of Ferguson was horrible, as that article stated. It couldn't have been any more slanted and biased. By default, Fox's coverage had to have been more professional. How could it possibly have been worse than CNN, whose reporters were just saying what they wanted to happen instead of reporting what was actually happening.
Old 12-02-2014, 06:37 AM
Dee Tee Stables

Quote:

For the record...

Hey, its the same thing as when you hear women say so and so should be in playgirl...its something I hear or see quite often....well
, if quite often means never. Its just a compliment!