Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > "At the Races with Steve Byk"
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 06-10-2006, 09:40 PM
Randwyck

Default youbet.com, TVG, Pinnacle...

What's the best one? youbet.com, TVG, Pinnacle, Brisbet or other? I need to change and I'd like some input.

Follow me with the Rays grounds crew at
https://twitter.com/TripleCrown59
www.facebook.com/TripleCrown59

K&S pics-
http://share.shutterfly.com/action/w...0BYtWrhw2csXLA
Old 06-10-2006, 10:05 PM
Hollywood Park

Default Youbet over TVG

In just comparing Youbet vs. TVG it is Youbet hands down just by the number of tracks it handles... TVG had no wagering on the Preakness and is basically shut out of all Magna tracks --- Gulfstream, etc....

Don't know the other two..

PSH
Old 06-10-2006, 10:18 PM
Havre de Grace

Quote:
Originally Posted by PSH
In just comparing Youbet vs. TVG it is Youbet hands down just by the number of tracks it handles... TVG had no wagering on the Preakness and is basically shut out of all Magna tracks --- Gulfstream, etc....

Don't know the other two..

PSH
I used TVG today and it was very slow and numbers MTP kept changing crazily. I'm gonna drop them and stick with youbet...but will check out Pinnacle also!
Old 06-10-2006, 10:22 PM
Oaklawn

You bet is tops for US based companies, but Pinnacle gives a cash rebate for your horse racing wagers. I think its 10%.
Old 06-10-2006, 10:25 PM
Havre de Grace

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Hot4TV
You bet is tops for US based companies, but Pinnacle gives a cash rebate for your horse racing wagers. I think its 10%.
2HOT: 7% for horses.....4% on NY tracks I'm told
Old 06-10-2006, 10:30 PM
foggyfan

I just signed up for a youbet account today. I'm new at all this and just learning the roapes. It seems pretty easy to get around in, and took my money just fine.
Old 06-10-2006, 10:38 PM
Havre de Grace

Quote:
Originally Posted by foggyfan
I just signed up for a youbet account today. I'm new at all this and just learning the roapes. It seems pretty easy to get around in, and took my money just fine.
Ignore the rewards program..CALI people dont get no stinkin' rewards!
Old 06-10-2006, 10:53 PM
Formerly 'moodwalker'

Quote:
Originally Posted by foggyfan

they all take your money just fine, I can assure you of that
Old 06-10-2006, 11:10 PM
"The Kentucky Killing Machine"

Quote:
Originally Posted by moodwalker
they all take your money just fine, I can assure you of that
bris and pinny..if you want to play all tracks us and afew others..bris is the way to go if you get lots of irs //pinnacle is the way but thre are limits ..the kick back is good if your a wp bettor ...
Old 06-11-2006, 01:25 AM
The Curragh

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoovesupsideyourhead
bris and pinny..if you want to play all tracks us and afew others..bris is the way to go if you get lots of irs //pinnacle is the way but thre are limits ..the kick back is good if your a wp bettor ...
hooves, how does brisnet's live video compare to YouBet? Do you have to pay to have access to the live video?

Regarding pinnacle, why do you say "the kick back is good if you're a wp bettor"? The rebate applies to almost all bets, including exotics and show bets. (place and show bets paying $2.20 or less are excluded)

That said, 5Dimes is a better choice than Pinnacle in most instances. I'll put up a post sometime this week explaining that.

--Dunbar

PS--if anyone does open at Pinnacle, he or she should open with as big a deposit as they can, up to $5000. You will only get one shot at the 10% bonus that Pinnacle offers for new signups. Almost all other books have some kind of provision for "re-load" bonuses, but Pinnacle does not. If you are a regular bettor, it should not take you very long to bet through the 3 x deposit amount that is required before withdrawing a bonus.

If you open at Pinnacle for $250 (the minimum required to earn the 10% bonus) and lose it, you will get nothing the next time you deposit.
Old 06-11-2006, 06:13 AM
Randwyck

are there any other favorite sites out there? I only mentioned the ones that I know about as an example.

K&S pics-

Last edited by 31lengths : 06-11-2006 at 06:22 AM.
Old 06-11-2006, 06:34 AM
"The Kentucky Killing Machine"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunbar
hooves, how does brisnet's live video compare to YouBet? Do you have to pay to have access to the live video?

Regarding pinnacle, why do you say "the kick back is good if you're a wp bettor"? The rebate applies to almost all bets, including exotics and show bets. (place and show bets paying $2.20 or less are excluded)

That said, 5Dimes is a better choice than Pinnacle in most instances. I'll put up a post sometime this week explaining that.

--Dunbar

PS--if anyone does open at Pinnacle, he or she should open with as big a deposit as they can, up to $5000. You will only get one shot at the 10% bonus that Pinnacle offers for new signups. Almost all other books have some kind of provision for "re-load" bonuses, but Pinnacle does not. If you are a regular bettor, it should not take you very long to bet through the 3 x deposit amount that is required before withdrawing a bonus.

If you open at Pinnacle for $250 (the minimum required to earn the 10% bonus) and lose it, you will get nothing the next time you deposit.
the video is free ...and replays ae free pps are free at bris..pinni does have caps and to phone in on the go is a hassle
Old 06-11-2006, 06:46 AM
Del Mar

Default Which to play??

There are so many off shore ones and most offer rebates. www.betehorse is my favorite as it has a good layout, easy to use, and is starting a section where you can bet against a horse i.e set your own odds and take money against it winning..kinda like being your own bookie which is real interesting when you really hate a favorite and know it's going nowhere.

Having said that, I still use brisnet which is also american tab which is also tsnbet. For one you get all the videos and all the tracks. When you look at the program screen you can click on any horse and watch their last races. So, as you cap and see a comment like "stumbled at start" you can click and see quickly. The other reason I like them is they have racing from England, France, and the rest of the world and you can bet on those.

Since I only use Brisnet forms, you also get a discount on those as well. Finally, it also gives statistical history of your betting. You can look over a year and see how you did in whole, for just certain bets, or certain tracks, etc. It's helped me understand what kind of better I am and where my strengths are. All that is worth the 8% rebate or whatever from the offshores.

Hope that helps...good luck
Old 06-11-2006, 10:59 AM
The Curragh

Quote:
the video is free ...and replays ae free pps are free at bris..pinni does have caps and to phone in on the go is a hassle
Thanks for the brisnet info. I'll definitely check them out. You have to maintain a certain betting level to get free replays at YouBet.

There are no odds caps on exotics at Pinnacle. You must be referring to the maximum win per race. There is a maximum on the total win that they will pay out on a single race. For the biggest tracks, the limit is $25,000. There are 3 catagories below the $25K catagory. The limit is $5000 on the smallest tracks. The TC and BC races have $100,000 max wins.

Category A Tracks
Maximum Net Profit $25,000
Belmont Hollywood Park
Churchill Keeneland
Del Mar Santa Anita
Gulfstream Saratoga

Category B Tracks
Maximum Net Profit $15,000
Aqueduct Lone Star
Arlington Park Louisiana
Ellis Meadowlands
Fairgrounds Monmouth
Fairplex Oaklawn
Hawthorne (TB) Pimlico
Laurel

--Dunbar
Old 06-11-2006, 11:16 AM
Saratoga

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunbar

--Dunbar

I just looked over 5 Dimes and I don't see how I can agree with you. While you do get that 10% promotion on WINNING tickets, I would rather get 7% on all tickets. The way they cap odds is not cool either. Pinnacle has the HIGHEST caps in the business, they process withdrawals within minutes, and while there wager pad is less to be desired, it still gets the job done
Old 06-11-2006, 02:08 PM
The Curragh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scav
I just looked over 5 Dimes and I don't see how I can agree with you. While you do get that 10% promotion on WINNING tickets, I would rather get 7% on all tickets. The way they cap odds is not cool either. Pinnacle has the HIGHEST caps in the business, they process withdrawals within minutes, and while there wager pad is less to be desired, it still gets the job done
I'll start another thread on this topic, Scav, because I think it's important. If I don't do it in the next two days, please remind me.

--Dunbar
Old 06-12-2006, 05:32 PM
Del Mar

Default Try it now

That was:

www.betehorse.com check it out if interested
Old 06-14-2006, 08:37 PM
Randwyck

Quote:

Hey hooves....I just signed up for bris net however I cant find video .

Can ya help?

K&S pics-
Old 06-14-2006, 08:38 PM
Golden Gate

Love Youbet
Old 06-20-2006, 07:09 PM
Woodbine

Default xpressbet.com

I really like xpressbet.com. Customer service is great, got my last check before they sent the W-2G... Haven't found any tracks that I can't wager on yet...