Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Stakes Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 09-28-2014, 12:17 PM
Goodwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by pointman View Post
Per Jay Privman on Twitter, Espinoza has been called in by the stewards to explain his actions yesterday. Wonder if Baffert will be called in too.

EDIT: Privman also tweeted that he spoke to steward Tom Ward, when he asked if they were calling Espinoza in, Ward responded, "yes, and maybe Mr. Baffert too."
I would make strong examples of both of them, but, of course, that won't happen.

Then again I am in the tiny minority that think woody stephens was an arsehole.
Old 09-28-2014, 12:58 PM
helicopter11

They are going to make the track super Fast on BC day, as usual, and give Baffert horses the advantage anyways.
Old 09-28-2014, 01:35 PM
Saratoga

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indian Charlie View Post
I would make strong examples of both of them, but, of course, that won't happen.

Then again I am in the tiny minority that think woody stephens was an arsehole.
I agree, they should both be suspended. However, while Espinoza may get a few days since there is no explanation for his actions, I find it hard to believe that they will take any action against the untouchable Baffert. That is a shame since it affects the integrity of the sport.
Old 09-28-2014, 02:06 PM
Oriental Park

Quote:
I agree, they should both be suspended. However, while Espinoza may get a few days since there is no explanation for his actions, I find it hard to believe that they will take any action against the untouchable Baffert. That is a shame since it affects the integrity of the sport.
well these riders and trainers are aware there are no more coupled entries and that since that is the case when there is indication of impropriety it is an issue.
Old 09-28-2014, 03:41 PM
Saratoga

Quote:
Bob Ike just tweeted that Espinoza got 7 days for it. Love it
Old 09-28-2014, 03:43 PM
Saratoga

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scav View Post
I agree, but how about Baffert? He just gets away with nothing?
Old 09-28-2014, 03:50 PM
Saratoga

Quote:
I agree 100% but that would never ever stick, unless ole Victor was mic'd up
Old 09-28-2014, 04:19 PM
Saratoga

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scav View Post
hurray for the Cali stews
Old 09-28-2014, 05:59 PM
Flemington

Quote:
Are you guys loco?? Why would Baffert get any time? Did Victor come out and say Bob made me? Even if he did..... Who cares? Its the old if someone tells you to jump off a bridge thing, would you do it?
Old 09-28-2014, 08:33 PM
Goodwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockHardTen1985 View Post
Are you guys loco?? Why would Baffert get any time? Did Victor come out and say Bob made me? Even if he did..... Who cares? Its the old if someone tells you to jump off a bridge thing, would you do it?
You are so predictable. Let's see if Espinoza keeps riding for Baffert. Cause, if ole Bob didn't instruct him to race that way, he should be pissed off at him.
Old 09-28-2014, 08:42 PM
Gulfstream Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10 pnt move up View Post
I never understand a comment like this, not picking on you.....its related to price the way I see it. I am not convinced he is going to win, he probably is something like 30-35 percent so if he is 5/2 I could see betting him but he wont be.

No horse is 100% to win a race.
I wouldn't say it's related to price but more so popularity. There are some horses who have no or little chance whether they are 50-1 or 1-1. It all comes down to subjectivity.
Old 09-28-2014, 10:34 PM
helicopter11

So you get days for race riding? If this was a claiming race on a Thursday I bet this would never been brought up.
Old 09-28-2014, 10:35 PM
helicopter11

Quote:
If Baffert gets days, he goes on vacation for 7 days while he hands his operations to his assistant. Whats the point of that?
Old 09-28-2014, 11:08 PM
Flemington

Quote:
You are so predictable. Let's see if Espinoza keeps riding for Baffert. Cause, if ole Bob didn't instruct him to race that way, he should be pissed off at him.
The point is who cares if Bob told him to do it or not? Victor is a grown man and a very well established jockey...... He did not have to do it even if Bob told him to do it.
Old 09-29-2014, 12:55 AM
Goodwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockHardTen1985 View Post
The point is who cares if Bob told him to do it or not? Victor is a grown man and a very well established jockey...... He did not have to do it even if Bob told him to do it.
Yes, and the real world works that way too.
Old 09-29-2014, 12:59 AM
Flemington

Quote:
Yes, and the real world works that way too.
And another thing.... The 2 broke with the 1. They are both Baffert horses. Was Victor supposed to go run the other Baffert horse into the ground? So he floats the 1-5 favorite wide, so what? Its race riding.I would feel the same way, Baffert or not.
Old 09-29-2014, 01:03 AM
Flemington

Quote:
Originally Posted by helicopter11 View Post
So you get days for race riding? If this was a claiming race on a Thursday I bet this would never been brought up.
Im with you. Plus if you watch the replay the 2 breaks with the 1. Both Baffert horses he choose not to go duel with a stablemate. Its not like Victor went to the whip to keep up and then float the 4 wide. So instead of going after his stablemate he floats the 1-5 chalk wide. I don't get the problem here at all. I think the people complaining are the same people who say Bafferts a cheater/juicer every time a Baffert horse beats them.
Old 09-29-2014, 06:57 AM
Dee Tee Stables

http://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-raci...ome-again-ride

Bob Baffert trains both Sky Kingdom and Fed Biz, but told the Santa Anita publicity office he had nothing to do with the tactics employed by Espinoza.

"These guys are fierce competitors," Baffert said, alluding to Espinoza, Smith, and others in the jockey colony. "I see it happen to my horses when you have a good one. I didn't tell Victor to do that. He stayed away from my other horse, Fed Biz…Game On Dude, that's why I retired him, because he was starting to get mugged, every race. I didn't cry about it. I just retired him."

no, bob, you cried about it after the race, and then again when you announced his retirement.
Old 09-29-2014, 08:12 AM
Goodwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danzig View Post

Bob Baffert trains both Sky Kingdom and Fed Biz, but told the Santa Anita publicity office he had nothing to do with the tactics employed by Espinoza.

"These guys are fierce competitors," Baffert said, alluding to Espinoza, Smith, and others in the jockey colony. "I see it happen to my horses when you have a good one. I didn't tell Victor to do that. He stayed away from my other horse, Fed Biz…Game On Dude, that's why I retired him, because he was starting to get mugged, every race. I didn't cry about it. I just retired him."

no, bob, you cried about it after the race, and then again when you announced his retirement.
And then again after the Goodwood as well.
Old 09-29-2014, 08:30 AM
Saratoga

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danzig View Post

Utter horseshit. As someone mentioned on the selections thread. You don't totally take yourself out of the race by "Race Riding". Sky Kingdom basically was eased after he was no longer able to keep up to Shared Belief.