Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Sports Bar & Grill
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 06-19-2006, 10:02 AM
Woodbine

Default Everybody look out! Here comes PHil's head!

Phil blowing the US Open is Hands down, No question the biggest choke. I don't really even know if choke is the word.TINCUP JOB. WTF are you doing trying some of the BS he did on 18. First of all hitting driver off the tee when you havn't hit an F-in fairway all day long. Then trying some off the wall BS with that attempt at a cut shot, banks it off the tree. Then, trys to lift his shot 3 over the trees and plunks it w/ a fried egg lie in the bunker. NO SHOT TO GET THE BALL CLOSE out of there. How many copies of TINCUP will he get in the mail? PD is a horse, he ran a good race, just didn't get it done. Yanks are a great team, games like that happen over 162 game season. BUT FOR A MAN WHO HAS WON THE LAST 2 MAJORS WITH A 1 SHOT LEAD ON 18 TO BLOW IT ON HIS OWN EGO AND STUPIDITY, IS EASILY THE CHOICE. I mean seriously, dude, hit friggin 2 iron off the tee, hit some long iron somewhere on the green, 2-putt and take your F-in trophy!!!! PHIL MICKELSON'S BIG HEAD got in the way of smart golf and cost him 3 in a row. I hope this haunt's him till the day he dies.
Old 06-19-2006, 10:25 AM
Atlantic City Race Course

Quote:
Originally Posted by whorstman
Phil blowing the US Open is Hands down, No question the biggest choke. I don't really even know if choke is the word.TINCUP JOB. WTF are you doing trying some of the BS he did on 18. First of all hitting driver off the tee when you havn't hit an F-in fairway all day long. Then trying some off the wall BS with that attempt at a cut shot, banks it off the tree. Then, trys to lift his shot 3 over the trees and plunks it w/ a fried egg lie in the bunker. NO SHOT TO GET THE BALL CLOSE out of there. How many copies of TINCUP will he get in the mail? PD is a horse, he ran a good race, just didn't get it done. Yanks are a great team, games like that happen over 162 game season. BUT FOR A MAN WHO HAS WON THE LAST 2 MAJORS WITH A 1 SHOT LEAD ON 18 TO BLOW IT ON HIS OWN EGO AND STUPIDITY, IS EASILY THE CHOICE. I mean seriously, dude, hit friggin 2 iron off the tee, hit some long iron somewhere on the green, 2-putt and take your F-in trophy!!!! PHIL MICKELSON'S BIG HEAD got in the way of smart golf and cost him 3 in a row. I hope this haunt's him till the day he dies.
Can't disagree...horrible choices on his first three shots on 18...what was he thinking? But Monty absolutely falling apart with that fairway iron was probably more a choke in the classic sense. In both cases, they have only themselves to blame...at this stage in their careers, pressure should be an old friend...sad to see!
Old 06-19-2006, 10:35 AM
Del Mar

The difference is nobody really cares about Monty. He has been "given up on" as his game really went south to the point where he just about retired. There was a time when he was the #1 choker in the world. That was when he was winning the Eurpean Order of Merit year after year, yet could just not win in the US. So many close finishes but he choked when it mattered. Now his game is getting decent again but cmmon now, as good as he was like 6-7 years ago and him not being able to ever win then, how can we expect him to win a big tournament now?

Phil on the other hand has developed into the best player in the world right now. Once a huge choker, he has quickly gotten over that by winning 3 majors and proving to everyone that he can win the big ones. We all knew he always had the game, but now we know there is not a tournament he cant win.

Phil's collapse yesterday was much, much bigger than Montys. I dont care what anyone says, Phil was the favorite going into this tournament. If you knew he would have a 2 shot lead with 3 holes left in the tournament going for his 3rd straight major, what would you think?
Old 06-19-2006, 01:06 PM
Atlantic City Race Course

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gander
The difference is nobody really cares about Monty. He has been "given up on" as his game really went south to the point where he just about retired. There was a time when he was the #1 choker in the world. That was when he was winning the Eurpean Order of Merit year after year, yet could just not win in the US. So many close finishes but he choked when it mattered. Now his game is getting decent again but cmmon now, as good as he was like 6-7 years ago and him not being able to ever win then, how can we expect him to win a big tournament now?

Phil on the other hand has developed into the best player in the world right now. Once a huge choker, he has quickly gotten over that by winning 3 majors and proving to everyone that he can win the big ones. We all knew he always had the game, but now we know there is not a tournament he cant win.

Phil's collapse yesterday was much, much bigger than Montys. I dont care what anyone says, Phil was the favorite going into this tournament. If you knew he would have a 2 shot lead with 3 holes left in the tournament going for his 3rd straight major, what would you think?
Well, all I know is what I think now...Phil needs to be gelded...his game would improve!
Old 06-19-2006, 01:28 PM
Bold Brooklynite

Default Choke Of The Irish?

It's a good thing that Mickleson and Montgomerie did what they did ... otherwise ...

... otherwise everyone would be talking about the major chokes by Furyk and Harrington.

Yeah ... Jim and Padraig really lucked out.
Old 06-19-2006, 02:38 PM
The Curragh

No doubt Phil jacked up his US Open chance but what WAS JIM FURYK thinking with that putt he left like 15 feet short?

What was up with NBC's coverage of Phil's stupid shot as well, I never saw the ball, nothing.
Old 06-19-2006, 02:47 PM
Del Mar

NBC is dumb. They just assumed that Phil would hit the ball somewhere near or on the green. They immediately panned out to the green and lost the filght of the ball completely. They made a very bad error and are paying for it today. Everybody in the industry is on them for this.

How about that shot earlier in the round where Phil basically whiffed? The ball went like 3 feet. That was some serious comedy
Old 06-19-2006, 02:51 PM
The Curragh

You know I have been a supporter of his for a while but I am no longer on his side. That flipping smile is about the most annoying thing I have ever seen. Who smiles for 4 1/2 hours straight on a golf course in 90 degree heat? That has got to be a forced smile.
Old 06-19-2006, 02:58 PM
Woodbine

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2MinsToPost
You know I have been a supporter of his for a while but I am no longer on his side. That flipping smile is about the most annoying thing I have ever seen. Who smiles for 4 1/2 hours straight on a golf course in 90 degree heat? That has got to be a forced smile.
Especially with his fat ass sweatin like he does, he had to change shirts before they even teed off! I know what you mean, you could tell it was fake on 18 when the whole world was watching him puke on TV and he still had that dumbassed smile on his fat face!
Old 06-19-2006, 03:22 PM
boldruler

Quote:
Originally Posted by somerfrost
Well, all I know is what I think now...Phil needs to be gelded...his game would improve!
Phil just needs to stop eating and he will be fine. The guy is a fat slob.
Old 06-19-2006, 04:28 PM
Havre de Grace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gander
NBC is dumb. They just assumed that Phil would hit the ball somewhere near or on the green. They immediately panned out to the green and lost the filght of the ball completely. They made a very bad error and are paying for it today. Everybody in the industry is on them for this.

How about that shot earlier in the round where Phil basically whiffed? The ball went like 3 feet. That was some serious comedy
that was a 3wood into the tall rough!!! that had to be a worse decision than any that he made on 18
Old 06-19-2006, 04:46 PM
Del Mar

That was pure comedy and lets face it, many of these guys out there on the PGA Tour are boring drones. We need guys like Phil Mickelson. I find guys like Furyk and Toms boring to the point of wanting my pillow.

As much as I am not a fan of Phil, he is very entertaining to watch and look at. The guy is a goof ball in a good way.