Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Sports Bar & Grill
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 06-17-2006, 05:07 PM
Del Mar

Default Phil wins this

Hes got this one wrapped up. 1 shot off the lead playing against a bunch of guys who never win, its over. Phil wins his 3rd major in a row and 4th overall. Almost halfway to Tiger, looks like we have a budding rivalry.
Old 06-17-2006, 06:17 PM
Flemington

Talk about a David and Goliath.My 150-1 shot tied with the chalk going into Sunday.I was very impressed with the way Ogilvy was able to stay close(despite being frustrated with his caddy ,or whatever.)Whoever keeps it straight off the tee gets it.Fat Ferrie was pretty damn good at that today.He is not much putter.So,he can't afford to hit it in the rough at all.I haven't checked ,but he must have been the best off the tee today.
Old 06-17-2006, 06:25 PM
Flemington

Phil Mickelson +2 8/11

Geoff Ogilvy +3 6/1

Kenneth Ferrie +2 17/2

Vijay Singh +5 10/1

Jim Furyk +6 22/1

Colin Montgomerie +5 22/1

Ian Poulter +5 22/1

Padraig Harrington +6 33/1

Steve Stricker +5 33/1

Mike Weir +6 40/1
Old 06-17-2006, 07:08 PM
Flemington

I have already got my moneysworth from this 150-1 shot(Fat Ferrie.) Totally been gaming it the whole way.He would have won about 8-10 tournaments in Europe(instead of 2)if he could putt some.
Old 06-17-2006, 07:45 PM
Del Mar

Its over. Phil wins this by 3 or 4, shoots a 67 tomorow.
Old 06-17-2006, 08:20 PM
Flemington

Why are you letting us know about an 8/11 shot? Chalkboy.
Old 06-18-2006, 06:46 AM
Del Mar

Scuds-
Phil is the only one of these guys who knows he can win this. Thinks he can win this.The rest of them are a very fickle crew who dunnno what the fuc-k they want. Phil has to show the rest of them how to do it. Until that happens, and it wont today, this tournament is gift wrapped for this phoney blob and unless you wanna see him playing family man at around 6:20pm tonight on Father's Day, I suggest you go down to Manhattan Beach and order several tacos and drink Coronas until you pass out.
Old 06-18-2006, 09:04 AM
Del Mar

Only thing that could possibly give Phil problems today is the crazy heat we are in for today. Its already 87 degrees and humid out, suppose to get upwards to about 96 by the time they tee off. He isnt exactly in good shape and I'd have to imagine that will make him more tired than a guy like Vijay Singh who is in better shape and absolutely loves the high heat.

But he should win his 3rd consec major today. I'd be surprised if he doesnt have at least a 3 shot lead after 9 today. These other guys, they dont know what the fu-ck they want.
Old 06-18-2006, 09:41 AM
Bold Brooklynite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gander
Hes got this one wrapped up. 1 shot off the lead playing against a bunch of guys who never win, its over. Phil wins his 3rd major in a row and 4th overall. Almost halfway to Tiger, looks like we have a budding rivalry.
Ummm ... I wouldn't be too certain about that ...

... 'cause there's a guy who's been lurking in the shadows ... named Vijay Singh ... who may have a few tricks of his own.

I make Phil 1-2 ... Vijay 5-2 ... Ogilvy 12-1 ... Furyk 20-1 ... Ferrie 20-1 ... Weir 30-1 ... Harrington 30-1 ... the rest nowhere.
Old 06-18-2006, 09:50 AM
Bold Brooklynite

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCUDSBROTHER
Phil Mickelson +2 8/11
Geoff Ogilvy +3 6/1
Kenneth Ferrie +2 17/2
Vijay Singh +5 10/1
Jim Furyk +6 22/1
Colin Montgomerie +5 22/1
Ian Poulter +5 22/1
Padraig Harrington +6 33/1
Steve Stricker +5 33/1
Mike Weir +6 40/1
Nutty, nutty odds ... does anyone actually believe that Ogilvy and Ferrie have a better chance of winning this than Vijay?

Or that Montgomerie, Poulter, and Stricker even have a prayer?

Must be some British bookie behind this ... strictly for Eurotrash consumption.
Old 06-18-2006, 10:02 AM
Saratoga

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bold Brooklynite

Must be some British bookie behind this ... strictly for Eurotrash consumption.
Said the quintessential ugly American.
Old 06-18-2006, 10:08 AM
Bold Brooklynite

Quote:
Originally Posted by my miss storm cat
A relentless string of unprovoked personal attacks ...

... when will this be brought to an end?
Old 06-18-2006, 10:17 AM
Saratoga

Quote:
A relentless string of unprovoked personal attacks ...

... when will this be brought to an end?
This is certainly not a personal attack..... it's a reaction to seeing the phrase "Eurotrash".

Remember Turkey? I know I'll never forget your offensive and shameful posts.

So you see I'm doing you a favor here and reminding you not to start up with that crap again.

Last edited by my miss storm cat : 06-18-2006 at 10:22 AM.
Old 06-18-2006, 10:57 AM
Bold Brooklynite

Quote:
This is certainly not a personal attack..... it's a reaction to seeing the phrase "Eurotrash".

Remember Turkey? I know I'll never forget your offensive and shameful posts.

So you see I'm doing you a favor here and reminding you not to start up with that crap again.
Then take it up with Agent Q ... the person who actually made the posts about Turkey.

Stop denying that you're personally attacking me at every opportunity ... it's obvious to everyone ... and repulsive to everyone.
Old 06-18-2006, 11:17 AM
Saratoga

Quote:
Then take it up with Agent Q ... the person who actually made the posts about Turkey.

Stop denying that you're personally attacking me at every opportunity ... it's obvious to everyone ... and repulsive to everyone.
Excuse me Sir but, unfortunately for me, I have an exceptional memory and can recite various horrific and disturbing suggestions made by you and the other two members of the Unholy Trinity. I'll not name them.

The suggestions (and I'll clean up the language a tad) to wipe an entire country off the face of the earth qualifies as offensive. Taunting a poster for the sole reason that his first language is not English is disturbing enough, but you took it a step - or many steps - further. The sadistic and relentless manner in which you proceded to ridicule him for over a year? That Sir in where my anger stems from.

I'm not personally attacking you. Like I said, the "Eurotrash" comment reminded me of other comments. I believe I'm allowed to state an opinion here without asking your permission.
Old 06-18-2006, 11:58 AM
oracle80

Quote:
Excuse me Sir but, unfortunately for me, I have an exceptional memory and can recite various horrific and disturbing suggestions made by you and the other two members of the Unholy Trinity. I'll not name them.

The suggestions (and I'll clean up the language a tad) to wipe an entire country off the face of the earth qualifies as offensive. Taunting a poster for the sole reason that his first language is not English is disturbing enough, but you took it a step - or many steps - further. The sadistic and relentless manner in which you proceded to ridicule him for over a year? That Sir in where my anger stems from.

I'm not personally attacking you. Like I said, the "Eurotrash" comment reminded me of other comments. I believe I'm allowed to state an opinion here without asking your permission.

I dislike Eurotrash as well.
hey did any of you guys here that the French elevated the terror threat this morning?
They elevated it from run to hide.
Old 06-18-2006, 12:02 PM
oracle80

Quote:
No maam, I AM the ultimate ugly american. I look down on all people not from America and think that we are far superior in every way shape and form to any other people on this earth by a wide margin.
I do not think that we should have to learn anyone elses language in this land, they should learn ours. This is in fact the USA, land of the free and the home of the brave.
Were it not for the USA all of Europe would be dining on schnitzel right now and speaking German.
I take being an obnoxious American as the greatest compliment that anyone can pay me.
But really, you have to understand that noone on this board cares about your past lives, any of you, over at TTimes. Noone cares whatsoever. Its become quite apparent that none of you really like horses and that all you want to do is find some place in cyber space to speak with your buddies. Best of luck to you on that, but please stop thinking that anyone here cares.
Old 06-18-2006, 12:18 PM
Bold Brooklynite

Quote:
Originally Posted by oracle80
No maam, I AM the ultimate ugly american. I look down on all people not from America and think that we are far superior in every way shape and form to any other people on this earth by a wide margin.
I do not think that we should have to learn anyone elses language in this land, they should learn ours. This is in fact the USA, land of the free and the home of the brave.
Were it not for the USA all of Europe would be dining on schnitzel right now and speaking German.
I take being an obnoxious American as the greatest compliment that anyone can pay me.
But really, you have to understand that noone on this board cares about your past lives, any of you, over at TTimes. Noone cares whatsoever. Its become quite apparent that none of you really like horses and that all you want to do is find some place in cyber space to speak with your buddies. Best of luck to you on that, but please stop thinking that anyone here cares.
Agree ... agree ... agree ... and agree.

Hey ... you've run the table, my man!
Old 06-18-2006, 12:20 PM
Atlantic City Race Course

Quote:
Originally Posted by oracle80
LOL...well, I do like Chinese food and the French do make some good wines...then again, Euro beer is vastly overrated!
Old 06-18-2006, 12:23 PM
Bold Brooklynite

Getting back to the original topic ...

... does anyone believe that Ogilvy and/or Ferrie have a better chance to win this than Vijay?

I don't think Phil has a lock on this ... Vijay is just as experienced and accomplished ... and only three strokes back.