Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Sports Bar & Grill
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 06-17-2006, 08:47 AM
oracle80

Default Tiger fans it has to be strange

Gotta be starange for Tiger fans to not have him playing the weekend in a major for the first time in ten years. Its a tv networks nightmare. Throw in the mix that only one of the Big Five is in the hunt, and that he has a lot of work to do being 4 strokes back already, and I'm seeing low ratings on Sunday. Nobody will be rooting harder for Phil than the tv network today.
Old 06-17-2006, 08:57 AM
Del Mar

It reminds me of that very big letdown Belmont Stakes last weekend, more like an allowance field than a triple crown race. I wont make much of a priority to watch this today or tomorrow. Without Tiger I could care less about golf.
Old 06-17-2006, 10:19 AM
The Curragh

well I certainly wont be tuning out just cause Tiger is out, at this point im pulling for Monty and for Duval to make some kind of noise today.

plus you have Furyk, Phil, and Harrington just lurking behind the leaders, I dont see Stricker putting together another 2 days of quality golf in the toughest major behind the Open
Old 06-17-2006, 10:46 AM
Del Mar

I hope Stricker wins. Pretty sick of Phil myself. Stricker is such a nice guy and has had some tough luck in his life. I am pulling for him to get it done.
Old 06-17-2006, 12:06 PM
Saratoga

Phil is 'fixing' the game....If I had a clubs made SPECIFICALLY for my swing and certain courses, I would score a 54.....This is a case where technology ruins the sport. I don't blame him for doing it becuase it is within the rules but come one, two drivers in a bag? If I was another golfer, I would find his bag and snap one of them
Old 06-17-2006, 12:14 PM
Del Mar

He still has to make the swings and putting is what wins and loses golf tournaments, doesnt matter how long the Par 4's are, how hard the sand traps are to get out of, how deep the rough is, how tight the fairways are....
Comes down to putting and in the last 9 months, nobody has been better than Phil. Hes made the ones that matter. Tiger has not.

Phil is easily the best player in the world at the moment, and I think even Tiger would agree. Even if Tiger had his A game, things would be very close between them.
Old 06-17-2006, 01:05 PM
foggyfan

Maybe Tiger is being distracted a little too much by his blond wife.