Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Sports Bar & Grill
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-15-2006, 03:41 PM
oracle80

Default Tiger not looking too good

I didn't think he would bring anything much to this tourney, 5 over through 11. His dad was his closest everything and I think its really hit him hard. I doubt he would have played this week if it wasnt a major.
Old 06-15-2006, 03:43 PM
5'8".. but all man!

Just playing flat awful....no touch on the greens early...

Still no excuse for his play today.
Old 06-15-2006, 03:46 PM
Del Mar

If he can finish at +5, its really no big deal. That wont hurt him with 56 holes left to go. Its not like any 1 or 2 guys are drawing away from the field. It will come down to whoever makes the fewest mistakes.

Look out for Adam Scott. Hes only +2.

Goosen had soem tough luck today, finished at +7 and needs something big tomorrow.

Anyone but Mickelson. I will puke.
Old 06-15-2006, 04:13 PM
oracle80

Quote:
Originally Posted by GPK
Just playing flat awful....no touch on the greens early...

Still no excuse for his play today.
Kev,
I really think that his dad's loss, though expected, is a very hard thing for him. Losing any parent is hard, but Earl was the force who drove him and who Tiger wanted to achieve for.
You know how I usually like to get on him when hes losing, but not this time. Hes playing with a heavy heart and golf isn't everything in life.
Old 06-15-2006, 04:13 PM
oracle80

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gander
If he can finish at +5, its really no big deal. That wont hurt him with 56 holes left to go. Its not like any 1 or 2 guys are drawing away from the field. It will come down to whoever makes the fewest mistakes.

Look out for Adam Scott. Hes only +2.

Goosen had soem tough luck today, finished at +7 and needs something big tomorrow.

Anyone but Mickelson. I will puke.
Mickelson is in very good shape Tim.
Old 06-15-2006, 04:29 PM
Del Mar

The only thing Mickelson did today was not play himself out of the tournament. He has a slightly better chance of winning this golf tournament than he did before anyone tee'ed off, but really, its not like hes winning by 4.

There are some very good golfers all around him. Should be a dynamite of a tournament.

If he wins this, it wont be because he was +1 after 18 holes.
Old 06-15-2006, 04:30 PM
Atlantic City Race Course

Quote:
Originally Posted by oracle80
Kev,
I really think that his dad's loss, though expected, is a very hard thing for him. Losing any parent is hard, but Earl was the force who drove him and who Tiger wanted to achieve for.
You know how I usually like to get on him when hes losing, but not this time. Hes playing with a heavy heart and golf isn't everything in life.
Just checked and he's +7 through 13...obviously he's playing with a heavy heart...certainly anybody gets a pass under such a situation!!
Old 06-15-2006, 04:32 PM
oracle80

Quote:
The only thing Mickelson did today was not play himself out of the tournament. He has a slightly better chance of winning this golf tournament than he did before anyone tee'ed off, but really, its not like hes winning by 4.

There are some very good golfers all around him. Should be a dynamite of a tournament.

If he wins this, it wont be because he was +1 after 18 holes.
Thought you watched golf Tim? he was even par bro, not one over.
Old 06-15-2006, 04:35 PM
oracle80

I can't believe he doubled a par 5. I don't know that i have ever seen him do that. And Somer, he gets more than a pass, he gets sympathy for losing a father and having to play a tournament he probably had every little interest in playing because he knew what kind of lousy press he would get from teh lowlife journalists if he didnt.
Old 06-15-2006, 04:39 PM
oracle80

Amazing how anyone can knock Mickelson's golf after hes won the last two majors and starts so strong today. yeah, like the guy who is 5 or 8 over right now is in just as good as shape as he is. I think on a wicked course like this that starting out well is more important than a course like Augusta where you can get hot and fire a 65 or 66. You telling me that that you think someone is gonna get hot on this nightmare and fire a huge under par round? No way. Guys near the top have a huge advantage after first day under conditions like these. Guys ebhind have to worry about being aggressive and making up strokes and in these conditions, well good luck to you.
Old 06-15-2006, 04:59 PM
Del Mar

What conditions? Its a US Open. Its hard every year, no matter where they play. Mickelson has a big goose egg in this tournament and Tiger has 2. Goosen has 2. ELs has 2. The tournament isnt won on the first nor second day. He could very easily blow up tomorrow or Saturday. I would never knock his golf Mike. Cmmon, I dont like the guy but I was the one on here 2 days ago who said Tiger has a legitimate rival now in Phil. I think this will be the toughest of all the majors for Phil to win.

Yes I do watch golf Mike, but I also work in an office and dont have a TV at my desk so its hard to follow every player. We had the Yankee game on most of the time by popular demand. That I was able to watch 3 innings of.
Old 06-15-2006, 05:43 PM
oracle80

Quote:
What conditions? Its a US Open. Its hard every year, no matter where they play. Mickelson has a big goose egg in this tournament and Tiger has 2. Goosen has 2. ELs has 2. The tournament isnt won on the first nor second day. He could very easily blow up tomorrow or Saturday. I would never knock his golf Mike. Cmmon, I dont like the guy but I was the one on here 2 days ago who said Tiger has a legitimate rival now in Phil. I think this will be the toughest of all the majors for Phil to win.

Yes I do watch golf Mike, but I also work in an office and dont have a TV at my desk so its hard to follow every player. We had the Yankee game on most of the time by popular demand. That I was able to watch 3 innings of.
Tim I was busting your balls because ofyour Yankee comment. I had a ton ofthings to do and when I got home I put on golf and forgot all about the Yanks.
Old 06-15-2006, 05:56 PM
Del Mar

LOL Mike, you know how many times I forget about day baseball during the week? I will sometimes go home and get ready to turn on the Red Sox game at 7, only to find out they have already played. I didnt know the Yankees were even playing today until I went in to our TV room at work to try and get a US Open score. The guys at work were flipping back and forth between the Yankees game and the Mets game.
Old 06-15-2006, 05:56 PM
5'8".. but all man!

I'm telling ya...this fat B*stard Berman has got to go. Worst golf announcer known to man.
Old 06-15-2006, 05:58 PM
Del Mar

By the way, the Mets are fantastic right now. They havent a single weakness on that team. They have comradery like you only usually see in the minor leagues or college basketball. Its unreal how good this team is playing.

Not that anyone is shocked, we all knew they were loaded for bear this year with that lineup but having the talent is one thing, winning loads of games is another. Pretty sure the Mets now own the best record in the big leagues, or very close to.
Old 06-15-2006, 06:01 PM
Del Mar

Kev- I really enjoy Berman. Hes one of the very few on ESPN that doesnt annoy me. Kenny Mayne is very annoying to me when he does horse racing. Most of the others are know it alls, but I really get a chuckle out of Chris Berman. I also love all the guys who do the baseball. Not a bad one out of all of them, Harld Reynolds being the best. Peter Gammons, Jon Kruk and Tim Kirchuin also good.
Old 06-15-2006, 06:05 PM
5'8".. but all man!

Quote:
Kev- I really enjoy Berman. Hes one of the very few on ESPN that doesnt annoy me. Kenny Mayne is very annoying to me when he does horse racing. Most of the others are know it alls, but I really get a chuckle out of Chris Berman. I also love all the guys who do the baseball. Not a bad one out of all of them, Harld Reynolds being the best. Peter Gammons, Jon Kruk and Tim Kirchuin also good.
Can't stand the guy. Has ZERO business doing golf.
Old 06-15-2006, 06:07 PM
oracle80

Quote:
Originally Posted by GPK
Can't stand the guy. Has ZERO business doing golf.
Hes the greatest sportscaster ever but I agree golf is not his thing.
Old 06-15-2006, 06:08 PM
5'8".. but all man!

The good news is that Tiger is still 3 shots above the current cut line, IF the USGA still takes all those within 10 shots of the lead after 36 holes.

Someone get D. Howell a turnicate...
Old 06-15-2006, 06:09 PM
5'8".. but all man!

Quote:
Originally Posted by oracle80
Hes the greatest sportscaster ever but I agree golf is not his thing.
Yeah...football...I enjoy him. Golf...he needs to get the hell out of the booth.